1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:09
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    He also may have to apologize for his loss of temper. I have done both.
    I do not expect that I will never do so again. For some of these matters are matters involving our emotions.
    You've never apologised to me for the horrendous things you have said; such as calling me a heretic for example. And please don't bother, I don't want your apologies, I have no need to be witness to your excruciating self-soothing regret.

And no, there is never the need for a Christian to employ the sometimes spiritual insults you use when your prideful feathers are ruffled.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:13
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

"I dish it out. But you do not dish it out. If YOU dish it out I will remind you for years that you were mean to me. But I can insult you - that's only normal reaction which is needful for the discussion."
    Why is this in quotations?

You are too fond of misquoting me sonship - it is tantamount to lying.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:141 edit
    @divegeester

You've never apologised to me for the horrendous things you have said; such as calling me a heretic for example. And please don't bother, I don't want your apologies, I have no need to be witness to your excruciating self-soothing regret.

I would not like to go out of my way to hurt someone's feelings. But the teaching that the Son of God is a temporary office - as I understood you to teach, is heretical.

If I went beyond saying merely that, it was most likely in retaliation to your comments.

You have great sensitivity when rebuking is spoken to you.
    As I said, when you dish out hard words, Well ... THAT is just needful discussion.

This some refer to as having a glass jaw. "I dish it out. All is fair. No need for you to get upset. You dish it out to me and I demand an apology."

And no, there is never the need for a Christian to employ the sometimes spiritual insults you use when your prideful feathers
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:18
    @moonbus said
    Well then, let's have the truth about the resurrection. FMF has another thread going . . .
    What about it?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:19
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    I would not like to go out of my way to hurt someone's feelings.
    Cut out the back-handed self-congratulations mister. You have never hurt my feelings. There is no combination of words or malice that you could contrive and post which would hurt my feelings.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:20
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    But the teaching that the Son of God is a temporary office - as I understood you to teach, is heretical.
    No it isn't. At worst it is error and I am mistaken.
    Go back to your church advisers and tell them that.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:22
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

If I went beyond saying merely that, it was most likely in retaliation to your comments.
    Your excuse making is noted.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:23
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    You have great sensitivity when rebuking is spoken to you.
    Good grief, your pride is choking.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:23
    @kellyjay said
    If the truth can not be sought out, we are in trouble. To argue for the sake of argument is another thing all together.
    Debate and discussion forums like this would not work without people being willing to argue for the sake of argument. This forum was created for the sake of arguments.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:241 edit
    @divegeester

Good for you.

And

And please don't bother, I don't want your apologies

Good for you.

But know that the Son of God is not a temporary office.
    "But of the Son - Your throne O God is forever and ever." (Hebrews 1:8)

And that regardless of your need or absence of need for apologies.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:241 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    This some refer to as having a glass jaw. "I dish it out. All is fair. No need for you to get upset. You dish it out to me and I demand an apology."
    And so you, justify, excuse, pridefully readjust and then attack.

Jesus is flowing through you, right?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:26
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    But know that the Son of God is not a temporary office.
    "But of the Son - Your throne O God is forever and ever." (Hebrews 1:8)
    The son is the father, same person. Says so in Isaiah. So yeah his throne is forever.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:38
    @KellyJay

Anyway, KellyJay, as I was saying about this -

Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have swerved from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already happened. They are upsetting the faith of some. But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

When you tamper with the major truths of the Gospel it has the effect somehow of opening the door to iniquity in the living. You would not think so.

Perhaps, the effect is not seen right away. But it may appear latter.
    These two teachers began to teach differently and the result was a decline in godliness.

Intellectually they may have been quite satisfied, pleased with themselves perhaps, that THEY knew better than Paul. The longer term effect of their departing from the teaching and fellowship of the apostles was spiritual death eating away at the churches.

I think the differing teaching also cooled down their love for one another. Look again at Paul's exhortation to Timothy -

" ... remain in Ephesus in order to charge certain ones not to teach different things ... rather than God's economy which is in faith.

But the end of the charge is love out of a pure heart and out of a good conscience and out of unfeighned faith.; From which things some, having misaimed, have turned aside to vain talking."

Do you think Hymenaeus and Philetus negatively effected the love or the saints? I think so. I think the faith and the consciences of the saints were tainted and damaged by their talking.

Here is was more than vain. It became diseased and spreading as other repeated their errors.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 13:412 edits
    @divegeester

Jesus is flowing through you, right?

I usually cannot force Him to flow where He is not accepted.
    I would if I could.

Now I may make the mistake of continuing to talk. I have done that many times unfortunately. But His flow in the Christian may stop, in me at least, towards the one who doesn't want or is not ready to open up to Him.

You asked.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 16:162 edits
    @divegeester

The son is the father, same person. Says so in Isaiah. So yeah his throne is forever.

Yes.
    But what else does the Scripture say?

It says that the Son always lives to make intercession for the believers.

But He, because He abides forever, has His preisthood unalterable. Hence also He is able to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him,

since He lives always to intercede for them." (Hebrews 7:24,25)

You say the Son is the Father. And I would say so also.
    Yet mysteriously the Son INTERCEDES to the Father and does so "always" as a High Priest who "abides forever" .

" ... we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous." (1 John 1:2b)

"You are a Priest" temporarily ?
    Or
    "You are a Priest" eternally ?

Eternally - "For it is testified, You are a Priest FOREVER ... according to the order of Melchizedek." ( Heb. 7:17 )

Mysterious, is it not?
    The Son is called Eternal Father (Isa. 9:6) AND the Son is an interceding Advocate to the Father as the eternal High Priest.

Is He not the unique triune God ?
    "You [the Son] are a Priest FOREVER ..."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree