Why much of the bible cannot be taken literally

Why much of the bible cannot be taken literally

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Dec 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Your words, not mine.
No, this has been your stance in your arguments defending your particular spiritual beliefs across hundreds of threads for maybe 15 years.

Of course if you are now changing your position and claiming that the bible is NOT without error and that it is NOT the only written source of God’s word, then you should say so.

What an odd religionist you are.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Dec 22

@divegeester said
No, this has been your stance in your arguments defending your particular spiritual beliefs across hundreds of threads for maybe 15 years.

Of course if you are now changing your position and claiming that the bible is NOT without error and that it is NOT the only written source of God’s word, then you should say so.

What an odd religionist you are.
Not going to engage with you on this anymore, it is clear you have no shame, over
and over you were told to quote me, you don't get to tell others what I think so you
can bash me for quotes I have not said, even in threads that I'm not a part of you do
it to drag my name in the mud.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
Not going to engage with you on this anymore, it is clear you have no shame, over
and over you were told to quote me, you don't get to tell others what I think so you
can bash me for quotes I have not said, even in threads that I'm not a part of you do
it to drag my name in the mud.
You believe that the bible is inerrant, complete and exclusive word of god. If you don’t believe this please feel free to just say so instead of all this pouting.

Moves
25 Dec 22

@divegeester said
You believe that the bible is inerrant, complete and exclusive word of god. If you don’t believe this please feel free to just say so instead of all this pouting.
Have you opened your heart to Satan?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Dec 22

@kevin-eleven said
Have you opened your heart to Satan?
When what people think about something is more important than the very the
subject itself, the subject can be ignored as people are addressed as if reality is
based upon human thought.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
subject itself, the subject can be ignored as people are addressed as if reality is
My questioning you about your religious beliefs on a forum board about discussing religious beliefs is not akin to my “opening my heart to Satan”

But I can see what you are trying to do and why you are doing it in your reply to Keven Eleven.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Dec 22

@divegeester said
My questioning you about your religious beliefs on a forum board about discussing religious beliefs is not akin to my “opening my heart to Satan”

But I can see what you are trying to do and why you are doing it in your reply to Keven Eleven.
Your mind-reading abilities are legendary, in your own mind.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
Your mind-reading abilities are legendary, in your own mind.
I have no need to read your mind kellyjay, you have been posting here about your religious beliefs for over a decade.

Moves
27 Dec 22

Much, if not all, cannot be taken seriously on this thread, as it's literally a battle of words. Words that have been put forth by others, on both sides of the bank. And there runs the endless river of petty talk......let those with ears hear, we've heard it all before. There is nothing new under the sun. It's all vanity, personally.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of words, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Come on people, we must give God a little credit for writing poetry in motion, after all he's the self-moved that put the whole physical universe in motion.

God, the poet, is mocking both sides. And God has a great sense of humor. Because God can write Tragedy as well as Comedy. Which is then combined so as to entertain ourselves through all those meaningless arguments, pro and con, of God's very existence. On one side we have A Big Bang theory for the emergence of a seemingly endless universe from practically nothing, a singularity. And on the other side we have creation from practically nothing, also. Which is also a singularity, the number 1, One God only.

“Meaningless! Meaningless!”
    says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
    Everything is meaningless.”

What do people gain from all their labors
    at which they toil under the sun?

Generations come and generations go,
    but the earth remains forever.

The sun rises and the sun sets,
    and hurries back to where it rises.

The wind blows to the south
    and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
    ever returning on its course.

All streams flow into the sea,
    yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
    there they return again.

All things are wearisome,
    more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
    nor the ear its fill of hearing.

What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.

Is there anything of which one can say,
    “Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
    it was here before our time.

No one remembers the former generations,
    and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
    by those who follow them.

Wisdom Is Meaningless

I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy burden God has laid on mankind! I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

What is crooked cannot be straightened;
    what is lacking cannot be counted.

I said to myself, “Look, I have increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge.”
Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.

For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
    the more knowledge, the more grief.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Dec 22
1 edit

@pettytalk said
On one side we have A Big Bang theory for the emergence of a seemingly endless universe from practically nothing, a singularity. And on the other side we have creation from practically nothing, also. Which is also a singularity, the number 1, One God only.
What about the possibility of aliens, or some other unexplained mystery?

F

Moves
27 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
We can only express and share our subjective "human thoughts" about reality if we do indeed have such thoughts and if we are willing to express them. So I am not sure what you're on about. All we do here is discuss what people think about reality. Do you think you are engaged in something different?

Moves
28 Dec 22

@divegeester said
But wouldn't you agree that a sincere follower of Christ, fully trusting in the Lord, should voluntarily open their heart to Satan, in the spirit of welcoming home a prodigal angel?

Moves
28 Dec 22
3 edits

@pettytalk said
Much, if not all, cannot be taken seriously on this thread, as it's literally a battle of words. Words that have been put forth by others, on both sides of the bank. And there runs the endless river of petty talk......let those with ears hear, we've heard it all before. There is nothing new under the sun. It's all vanity, personally.

Yea ...[text shortened]... after the wind.

For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
    the more knowledge, the more grief.
Although not a practitioner per se, recently I was thinking along similar lines [I am probably characteristically skipping over a few steps here -- please don't ask me to show my work 😉 ] re: spooky action at a distance as directed by human magickers, and whether (in general) magickers believe they are mostly self-gathered and self-created, and that they exert their will from that imaginary foundation; or whether they realize they are largely the arbitrary progeny of circumstances and influences beyond their control, and therefore more like self-complicating valves in the cosmic magickal organism.

Moves
28 Dec 22

@divegeester said
What about the possibility of aliens?
There are no aliens in God's cosmos.

Moves
28 Dec 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Would you mind taking a time out from your targeting of Kelly Jay to address the Jewish people in our membership regarding the conceptual foundations which you have distorted into your rather weak and petty (not to mention vicious) idio-fluffing version of Christianity?

Or were you unaware that Jewish people also play chess?