Why I am a Progressive Christian

Why I am a Progressive Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
31 Jan 17

Originally posted by Eladar
Tell me, what book or what story isn't open to interpretation based on how a person wishes to look at it.
Especially "a metaphorical and esoteric work that contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions"?

c

Moves
31 Jan 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]It just seems that your above words, along with your "reasonable" article suggest that the Bible is littered with flaws and contradictions, but are somehow excluding the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John from criticism.

You are mistaken. No idea how you read that into what was said in the article or especially anything that I've said.[/b]
Are you now saying that flaws and contradictions exist in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? Which contain the words of Jesus?

T

Moves
31 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
Are you now saying that flaws and contradictions exist in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? Which contain the words of Jesus?

Did I ever say that they don't? Your question seems to imply that I did. If you think I did, then cite the posts.

E

Moves
01 Feb 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Especially "a metaphorical and esoteric work that contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions"?
No

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Feb 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
And if you would read what I wrote without inherent bias, I don't define liberalism that way.
If I am to take the views posted on abortion, I don't see that as an acknowledgement of the
loss of human life. It is all about someone other than the one whose life is ending by that
medical practice. So bias aside, I'll let you clear that up for me if I'm wrong.