Why Folks Hate God

Why Folks Hate God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
What is deeply tragic is rejecting God and His Christ.

Do you expect to mock God and get away with it? Denying the existence of God will not make Him go away. You will face Him.

But you have to come to God on His terms now. Later will be too late.
I notice you blithely skip past the point where I ask

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT?

You make statements of fact, and claims of knowledge.

If you have no proof of these claims that you can demonstrate to any third party
then you can't make those claims.

Until you present such proof you are lying.

Moves
09 Jan 12

Because God is there as evidenced by all creation, and because acknowledging God means being accountable to God.

[b]Denial of the existence of God is the purest form of hatred for God.

And so is its cousin the denial of God's Word.[/b]
Personally I love God and all of his creations, especially poor misunderstood Satan.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jan 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
I notice you blithely skip past the point where I ask

[b]HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT?

You make statements of fact, and claims of knowledge.

If you have no proof of these claims that you can demonstrate to any third party
then you can't make those claims.

Until you present such proof you are lying.[/b]
"HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT?"

I didn't "blithely" skip past it. What you so blithely skip past is that this debate and that question has been asked a thousand times that I know of in this forum over the past 7 years.

Each time I answer it I am ridiculed for the answer I give.

Here it is again: The evidence for the existence of God is all that exists. By extension, so is God's Word evidence for its own veracity.

The denial of the existence of God in the face of irrefutable evidence is at the crucible of this debate, but is blithely over looked by those who don't want to know God.

When one is in denial, they are blind to their own ignorants. That is the atheists dilemma. He wanders in the dark denying he is blind while stumbling though life.

He denies the existence of God because he can't believe he's not in control of his own destiny.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jan 12

Originally posted by Ullr
Personally I love God and all of his creations, especially poor misunderstood Satan.
Then you don't know God, or Satan for that matter.

Moves
09 Jan 12

[b]"HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT?"

I didn't "blithely" skip past it. What you so blithely skip past is that this debate and that question has been asked a thousand times that I know of in this forum over the past 7 years.

Each time I answer it I am ridiculed for the answer I give.

Here it is again: The evidence for the existence of God is all ...[text shortened]... s the existence of God because he can't believe he's not in control of his own destiny.[/b]
You are making the cosmological argument that the universe is evidence of god.

You get ridiculed for this because not only is the universe not evidence for god/s.
But it most certainly isn't evidence of an particular god/s including the god of the bible.

Because the universe could be explainable by any god or set of gods, and more importantly
is also potentially explainable without any god's at all, the universe is not evidence FOR a god or god's.
And certainly not your particular god.

Which means that if this is your claimed 'proof' then you don't have evidence let alone proof for god.

Thus you can't know or claim to know god or what god's word might be.

the only way to refute this would be to prove that it is not possible to explain the universe by any means
other than a deity.
And THEN prove that no other god could possibly have created the universe OTHER than your god.

This is not possible, which is why the cosmological argument gets ridiculed.

You can't and don't know god exists.

Thus any claim you make regarding gods existence or what god says is mear belief and not fact or knowledge.

If you claim otherwise you are lying.

You can't know that which you can't demonstrate.
And you can't and have failed to demonstrate that you know god.

You have faith, nothing more.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jan 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
You are making the cosmological argument that the universe is evidence of god.

You get ridiculed for this because not only is the universe not evidence for god/s.
But it most certainly isn't evidence of an particular god/s including the god of the bible.

Because the universe could be explainable by any god or set of gods, and more importantly
is ...[text shortened]... and have failed to demonstrate that you know god.

You have faith, nothing more.
"You have faith, nothing more."

So you hope.

I have much more than faith. I have God. He is mine and I am His.

You will find what you seek. If you look for nothing, that is what you will get.

As difficult as it is for you to believe, if you seek after God, He will find you, and then you will know too. But you have to come to Him on His terms.

That's the stumbling block isn't it?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jan 12

No son. I don't in any way feel superior to anyone. Just older. lol

In God's world it's a level playing field. I too will be called to account. The difference between you and I is my plea. When God asks me why He should allow me to live with Him for all eternity, my answer will be Christ.

What will you say?
Well, considering we will both be in the same boat, there will be nothing to say since we won't be meeting a maker or whatever. BTW, I am probably older than you.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
09 Jan 12

[b]"You have faith, nothing more."

So you hope.

I have much more than faith. I have God. He is mine and I am His.

You will find what you seek. If you look for nothing, that is what you will get.

As difficult as it is for you to believe, if you seek after God, He will find you, and then you will know too. But you have to come to Him on His terms.

That's the stumbling block isn't it?[/b]
the stumbling block is the delusion in your head.

Moves
09 Jan 12

No son. I don't in any way feel superior to anyone. Just older. lol

In God's world it's a level playing field. I too will be called to account. The difference between you and I is my plea. When God asks me why He should allow me to live with Him for all eternity, my answer will be Christ.

What will you say?
When God asks me why He should allow me to live with Him for all eternity, my answer will be Christ.

What will you say?

I would say, "Live with You for all eternity? I couldn't live with my first wife for more than 8 years, and she was holier than Thou!"

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jan 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well, considering we will both be in the same boat, there will be nothing to say since we won't be meeting a maker or whatever. BTW, I am probably older than you.
I said "son" as an abbreviation. I'm young, only 58.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jan 12

Originally posted by JS357
When God asks me why He should allow me to live with Him for all eternity, my answer will be Christ.

What will you say?

I would say, "Live with You for all eternity? I couldn't live with my first wife for more than 8 years, and she was holier than Thou!"
You couldn't live with your first wife for more than eight years? You see, we do share a lot in common!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jan 12

I said "son" as an abbreviation. I'm young, only 58.
Well I have been happily removed from christianity longer than you have been alive. I am still working a good job at 70 btw. And drive 160 miles a day to do it. The only bad part about the job.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jan 12

Well I have been happily removed from christianity longer than you have been alive. I am still working a good job at 70 btw. And drive 160 miles a day to do it. The only bad part about the job.
And you still have time to post in this forum?!?!

Are you sure you're removed from Christianity? I think you will have to drive much further. 😉

Drive safe sonhouse.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Jan 12

You are probably older than anybody. 😀

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 12

Because God is there as evidenced by all creation, and because acknowledging God means being accountable to God.

[b]Denial of the existence of God is the purest form of hatred for God.

And so is its cousin the denial of God's Word.[/b]
Satan has made humans hate God.