Why don't Jehovah witness's celebrate birthdays?

Why don't Jehovah witness's celebrate birthdays?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
11 Jan 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
What makes a Jehovah's Witness a "true Christian"?
the complete opposite turned inside out

w

Moves
11 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Shhhhh then divesgeester would not be able to accuse me of secretly celebrating pagan festivals even though i was entirely up front about pancake Tuesday.
We promise to behave. There will be no dancing naked around a camp fire as we sing songs of praise to mother earth, I promise.

w

Moves
11 Jan 14

[b! thank you Santa Claus![/b]
😲

Someone needs to do an exorcism on Robbie.

Quick!!

rc

Moves
11 Jan 14

What makes a Jehovah's Witness a "true Christian"?
Four things, we have love among ourselves, we preach the Good news of Gods Kingdom, we make manifest Gods name and we are no part of the world, if you do all of these things you are a true Christian.

rc

Moves
11 Jan 14

Originally posted by whodey
We promise to behave. There will be no dancing naked around a camp fire as we sing songs of praise to mother earth, I promise.
hippies 😲

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jan 14

No I cannot say for a true Christian like myself its very pleasant to be surrounded with so many pagan elements
But what about the Christmas cake and the presents you were talking about?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jan 14

Four things, we have love among ourselves, we preach the Good news of Gods Kingdom, we make manifest Gods name and we are no part of the world, if you do all of these things you are a true Christian.
Excellent news, thank you.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
11 Jan 14

why?
Not so much for religious reasons but for me I like it to be a day of reflection and to honestly thank God for another year of life. However it can be the opposite.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jan 14

Do you believe that a true Christian will honor Jesus Christ by worshipping Him as God?

rain

Moves
11 Jan 14

But how far does the "not part of the world" thing go? Isn't playing chess also indulging yourself in worldly rituals?

rc

Moves
11 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by vivify
But how far does the "not part of the world" thing go? Isn't playing chess also indulging yourself in worldly rituals?
The Great King Solomon under inspiration states, 'all is vanity and a striving after the wind', so yes, playing chess is an empty vanity i admit it and have known it for some time. On the thought of it being a ritual i doubt it, for one must avoid repetitive mechanical play if one is to be successful, a vanity yes, a ritual no. The danger is not in its nature although some have argued that its a game of war and could be considered unchristian but we are counselled not to be righteous over much. The danger lies in the time that it consumes to get better. It could if one is not careful lead to idolatry.

The Christian is to avoid the values of the world.

t

Moves
12 Jan 14
1 edit

Today's Math Fun Fact Is

35% of the posts in my thread have been posted by robbie

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jan 14

A true Christian? You mock true Christianity, bending Christ's commandments to justify your judgemental attitudes. You might have been a lot closer if you had just said, "if you do all of these things you could possibly be a Jehovah's Witness."

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jan 14

Originally posted by vivify
I'll give you a clue here. They so remove themselves from the world that they consider themselves above everyone else, often ignoring others, especially believers not of their "creed". Egotism and Christianity have precious little in common, despite how it may look to some.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jan 14

Do you believe that a true Christian will honor Jesus Christ by worshipping Him as God?
You know his answer to that. Don't taunt him.