Why doesn't anyone rip on my beliefs?

Why doesn't anyone rip on my beliefs?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 May 06

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
No takers? Come on. Would it help if I said that I really wouldn't mind if everyone thought the same way I do?
try to get your ideas passed in law, effectively outlawing rational thought, THEN you'll have takers.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
09 May 06

Originally posted by howardgee
The idea that "You can not argue faith." is reason enough in itself that it is not true that; "you should have no reason to criticize my beliefs."

In other words, it is inherently flawed to hold beliefs which are indefensible and not open to scrutiny.
In other words, it is inherently flawed to hold beliefs which are indefensible and not open to scrutiny.
Who says therapy doesn't work? Look at you!

h

Cosmos

Moves
09 May 06

Originally posted by slappy115
I totally agree with you. However, your personal beliefs will not change no matter how much someone argues with you. If you believe in God, no one will be able to change your mind but you. I have had the conversation with many people and it gets so annoying that it is unbelievable. My favor response on giving support on God was, "He exists because I kn ...[text shortened]... into this "I'm right because I'm right" mentality, it is pointless to continue talking.
"She had no supporting data and no logical reasons for her beliefs other than the fact that she was raised that way. So there is no way to have an intellectual conversation with someone like that."

Yup, you just described most of the religious Brethren in the world. Which is why I resort to humourous insults and sharp ripostes within these pages.

h

Cosmos

Moves
09 May 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
[b]In other words, it is inherently flawed to hold beliefs which are indefensible and not open to scrutiny.
Who says therapy doesn't work? Look at you![/b]
It's called education, not therapy.

I'd recommend it for you...no, I'd say it's essential for you to get some!

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
09 May 06

"She had no supporting data and no logical reasons for her beliefs other than the fact that she was raised that way. So there is no way to have an intellectual conversation with someone like that."

Yup, you just described most of the religious Brethren in the world. Which is why I resort to humourous insults and sharp ripostes within these pages.
Yep, no point in talking to someone who won't hear you out. Illogical arguments are the best because they need no concrete base.

h

Cosmos

Moves
09 May 06

Originally posted by slappy115
Yep, no point in talking to someone who won't hear you out. Illogical arguments are the best because they need no concrete base.
Illogical arguments are simple to deal with...you just point out the logical flaw contained within.

The problem with God botherers is that they have no arguments at all.
Just an unsubstantiated, indoctrinated, vague idea which they cling to like a lifeboat.
Look at the define God thread for their pitiful attempt to describe God!

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
09 May 06

Illogical arguments are simple to deal with...you just point out the logical flaw contained within.

The problem with God botherers is that they have no arguments at all.
Just an unsubstantiated, indoctrinated, vague idea which they cling to like a lifeboat.
Look at the define God thread for their pitiful attempt to describe God!
I know what you are talking about. There is no way anyone can define God. And there are no arguments you can make for or against it. It all comes down beliefs. And it is a lifeboat because death scares people because they do not want to die and that be the end.

I will look at the define God thread.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
09 May 06
2 edits

Humorous???!!

Now, THAT is the first time you have made me laugh.

Yes, calling me "Oafeo" was so hilarious, I practically burst my sides. How old are you anyway?

You really are incredibly full of yourself. See rule 2.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
09 May 06

Originally posted by orfeo
Humorous???!!

Now, THAT is the first time you have made me laugh.

Yes, calling me "Oafeo" was so hilarious, I practically burst my sides. How old are you anyway?

You really are incredibly full of yourself. See rule 2.
rec'ed that. I rolled on the floor when he called me "sonofb***h."