Why doesn't anyone rip on my beliefs?

Why doesn't anyone rip on my beliefs?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
26 Apr 06

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
As the attempt cannot reach the level of God, the attempt to spurn God in this way (I'm just as good if not better than you are) can only lead to evil. There really is no escaping it--this is probably why the promises of salvation and forgiveness of sins made by Christianity are so attractive. We all feel this inescapable evil made by our pride and ar ...[text shortened]... got the thread existed, and then remembered it at a strange and seemingly uninspired instance.
Fair enough. I guess the only serious misgivings I find in your religion is the apparent relativity of Truth i.e. it is left up to the individual to existentially define it for him/herself. The second problem being (if I interpret your rejection of the Bible in any historic sense correctly) a rejection of Jesus Christ as the saviour of mankind.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
27 Apr 06

Originally posted by howardgee
I assure you that I understand more than you could ever comprehend.

I am not surprised you have headaches...such a small brain must be under constant strain.

Why did you break your promise of not discussing things further?
I feel that I have to respond to this post as it demonstrates so well what I have been taking about. You, my freind, suffer from a God-complex. Quote: "I assure you that I understand more than you could ever comprehend." You assume that you are better than me. Judging from many of your posts, you see yourself as better than a great many people. Most likely, you would like to see yourself as above everyone, eg, perfect. Who is the image of perfection? God, of course. You wish to elevate yourself to the level of God, and that is the source of your evil.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Apr 06

Originally posted by Brother Edwin
You need to hate gays. Hate evolution.
Hopefully we will evolve past homophobia.

h

Cosmos

Moves
27 Apr 06
1 edit

I feel that I have to respond to this post as it demonstrates so well what I have been taking about. You, my freind, suffer from a God-complex. Quote: "I assure you that I understand more than you could ever comprehend." You assume that you are better than me. Judging from many of your posts, you see yourself as better than a great many people. Most ...[text shortened]... ourse. You wish to elevate yourself to the level of God, and that is the source of your evil.
What do you mean, I "suffer from a God-complex"?

Which qualities do I have (or think I have) that are like God?

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
28 Apr 06

What do you mean, I "suffer from a God-complex"?

Which qualities do I have (or think I have) that are like God?
Was I not clear? You desire, or think you have already, perfection.

h

Cosmos

Moves
28 Apr 06
1 edit

Was I not clear? You desire, or think you have already, perfection.
Finall, by hook and by crook - I manage to extract what you believe to be a property of God!

So you think he "desires, or thinks he haa already, perfection.".
God is an arrogant cnut.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
29 Apr 06

Finall, by hook and by crook - I manage to extract what you believe to be a property of God!

So you think he "desires, or thinks he haa already, perfection.".
God is an arrogant cnut.
Actually, perfection was among the properties I posted in your "pick a fight" thread, I mean your "define God" thread. Now I know you only skim posts looking for things to insult.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
29 Apr 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Fair enough. I guess the only serious misgivings I find in your religion is the apparent relativity of Truth i.e. it is left up to the individual to existentially define it for him/herself. The second problem being (if I interpret your rejection of the Bible in any historic sense correctly) a rejection of Jesus Christ as the saviour of mankind.
My rejection of Jesus Christ as the savior of mankind is certainly correct, at least from the Biblical perspective, that is the perspective connected to the ancient Hebrew religion.

If you like, we can continue discussing this in private, because as soon as we start talking about it all the tunnel-vision sufferers on this site are going to jump in and flood the thread. Go ahead and PM me if interested.

h

Cosmos

Moves
08 May 06

Actually, perfection was among the properties I posted in your "pick a fight" thread, I mean your "define God" thread. Now I know you only skim posts looking for things to insult.
No, actually, you said he was the "image of perfection".

Jeez, you can't even quote yourself accurately!!!!

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
08 May 06

No, actually, you said he was the "image of perfection".

Jeez, you can't even quote yourself accurately!!!!
And you still can't read accurately. You just quoted THIS thread. I bet you didn't even look at the other one.

h

Cosmos

Moves
09 May 06

Originally posted by orfeo
And you still can't read accurately. You just quoted THIS thread. I bet you didn't even look at the other one.
You must get tired of being wrong all of the time.

"God is the image of the ultimate, the image of perfection. God is home to the idea that even when you are capable of doing anything, you still only do what is right (not exclusively in a moral sense here--let's not get confused by narrowing definitions). God is who you can have faith in when you find you don't have faith in anything, especially yourself. God is that force that those people who are always trying to be the best are trying to defeat, trying to surpass. "

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=41841&page=1

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
09 May 06

I come into this forum once and a while (more and more rarely as time goes on) and I see a lot of athiets bashing, a lot of mud slinging at Christians. However, I recall, back when I actually posted in this forum consistantly, that I offered up my belief structure several times but no one ever ripped on it. No one ever tried to insult me because of wh ...[text shortened]... ways.

I think that covers it all in brief. So come on. Insult me. I want to be included.
Everyone is entitled to there own faith, no matter how asinine I may think it is. There is no reason for me to criticize your faith as you should have no reason to criticize my beliefs. You can not argue faith. Now you can argue opinions but faith is faith.

h

Cosmos

Moves
09 May 06

Originally posted by slappy115
Everyone is entitled to there own faith, no matter how asinine I may think it is. There is no reason for me to criticize your faith as you should have no reason to criticize my beliefs. You can not argue faith. Now you can argue opinions but faith is faith.
The idea that "You can not argue faith." is reason enough in itself that it is not true that; "you should have no reason to criticize my beliefs."

In other words, it is inherently flawed to hold beliefs which are indefensible and not open to scrutiny.

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
09 May 06

The idea that "You can not argue faith." is reason enough in itself that it is not true that; "you should have no reason to criticize my beliefs."

In other words, it is inherently flawed to hold beliefs which are indefensible and not open to scrutiny.
I totally agree with you. However, your personal beliefs will not change no matter how much someone argues with you. If you believe in God, no one will be able to change your mind but you. I have had the conversation with many people and it gets so annoying that it is unbelievable. My favor response on giving support on God was, "He exists because I know and I'm right." She had no supporting data and no logical reasons for her beliefs other than the fact that she was raised that way. So there is no way to have an intellectual conversation with someone like that.

Now you have every right to "criticize my beliefs" and I will do the best to defend my position. But remember, every is different and when they get into this "I'm right because I'm right" mentality, it is pointless to continue talking.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
09 May 06

You must get tired of being wrong all of the time.
Nope. I find it refreshing and unusual.