Why Do You Believe What You Believe?

Why Do You Believe What You Believe?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
I just point out the hypocrite.
JakeChess thinks that all organized religion is equally wrong. How does that make him a "hypocrite"? What definition of "hypocrite" do you have in mind?

E

Moves
08 Jan 17

Originally posted by FMF
JakeChess thinks that all organized religion is equally wrong. How does that make him a "hypocrite"? What definition of "hypocrite" do you have in mind?
He does not believe his belief is equally as wrong.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

He does not believe his belief is equally as wrong.
He has openly admitted that he does not know about our origins and all the rest of it. He doesn't think anyone knows ~ including himself. So for him to say he believes that 'religions' do not know either does not make him a "hypocrite".

E

Moves
08 Jan 17

Originally posted by FMF
He has openly admitted that he does not know about our origins and all the rest of it. He doesn't think anyone knows ~ including himself. So for him to say he believes that 'religions' do not know either does not make him a "hypocrite".
You forgot my other option, arrogant.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

I have addressed your apparent feelings of inferiority at the bottom of the previous page.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

That you have simply sidestepped this... "He has openly admitted that he does not know about our origins and all the rest of it. He doesn't think anyone knows ~ including himself. So for him to say he believes that 'religions' do not know either does not make him a "hypocrite"" is duly noted.

E

Moves
08 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
That you have simply sidestepped this... "He has openly admitted that he does not know about our origins and all the rest of it. He doesn't think anyone knows ~ including himself. So for him to say he believes that 'religions' do not know either does not make him a "hypocrite"" is duly noted.
As long as he admits that his beliefs are equally as wrong as all others I have no problem with what he said. He neglected to do so. You can't do it for him.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

As long as he admits that his beliefs are equally as wrong as all others I have no problem with what he said. He neglected to do so. You can't do it for him.
He doesn't think any one set of beliefs and theories about supernatural events and beings (religions) can credibly claim to be any more right than any other. Meanwhile, he is not religious, so he doesn't have notions rooted in supposed supernatural events and beings, and doesn't claim to have "the answers". How can this be described as "hypocritical" in the conventional sense of the word?

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

As long as he admits that his beliefs are equally as wrong as all others I have no problem with what he said.
Well he said this: "You seem to be missing the point. The point is that I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows. So by the logic that no one can know one way or the other, everyone is equally right and equally wrong. This is because it is impossible to prove or disprove any religion or lack thereof." I think it is your inferiority complex that has made you react to him saying this in the way you have.

E

Moves
08 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Well he said this: "You seem to be missing the point. The point is that I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows. So by the logic that no one can know one way or the other, everyone is equally right and equally wrong. This is because it is impossible to prove or disprove any religion or lack thereof." I think it is your inferiority complex that has made you react to him saying this in the way you have.
I guess I'll take yor word for it. As long as he knows his crap stinks, I am fine. He just made a statement otherwise.

I think you can stop playing mommy now.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

I guess I'll take your word for it.
It was a verbatim quote, not "my word".

E

Moves
08 Jan 17

Originally posted by FMF
It was a verbatim quote, not "my word".
Okay ma

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jan 17

The resurrection is real. If one doesn't believe it, then what one believes is wrong.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

Originally posted by josephw
The resurrection is real. If one doesn't believe it, then what one believes is wrong.
As a propagator of the religious beliefs you just so happen to hold, you seem to be channelling Dasa.

E

Moves
08 Jan 17

Originally posted by josephw
Have you read Romans 9 yet?