why do we die?

why do we die?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Jul 18

seems kind of a waste to put us together just to toss it all away after a few years.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @uzless
seems kind of a waste to put us together just to toss it all away after a few years.
Not in your case.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
12 Jul 18

We are given the gift of death so that we aren't eternally subjected to silly questions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jul 18

You are assuming that this life is it.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
You are assuming that this life is it.
why put us through this life then? Why not just send us straight to the afterlife?

And no i'm not assuming this life is it. That's your assumption based on statements I did not make. Reading critically will help you later in life when you grow up.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Not in your case.
judge not lest ye be judged, no? Or are you one of those folks that defends the teachings of the sacred text but then eschews those same teachings whenever the god of sarcasm grants you a moment of clarity....?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Jul 18

judge not lest ye be judged, no? Or are you one of those folks that defends the teachings of the sacred text but then eschews those same teachings whenever the god of sarcasm grants you a moment of clarity....?
I’m not an “either or” person; please rephrase your question .

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jul 18

why put us through this life then? Why not just send us straight to the afterlife?

And no i'm not assuming this life is it. That's your assumption based on statements I did not make. Reading critically will help you later in life when you grow up.
Well looking at the fall of man and the angelic host we can be saved, the devil and his angels cannot be. Death as terrible as is serves as a stopgap of sorts. Without which we would more than likely go straight to the afterlife and not enjoy it at all.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I’m not an “either or” person; please rephrase your question .
are you a stupidhead?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Well looking at the fall of man and the angelic host we can be saved, the devil and his angels cannot be. Death as terrible as is serves as a stopgap of sorts. Without which we would more than likely go straight to the afterlife and not enjoy it at all.
are you trying to say without sadness we would never know happyness?

Wouldn't it be more correct to say that we would be happy but wouldn't know there was something other than happy?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jul 18

are you trying to say without sadness we would never know happyness?

Wouldn't it be more correct to say that we would be happy but wouldn't know there was something other than happy?
No Hell was designed for the devil and his angels we would have joined them immediately.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Jul 18

"We" dont die .

Please check your identity for verification of this

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Jul 18

Physical death is part of life. However our souls are not physical , they have come to this plane to learn lessons.
The universe is one big classroom.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
We are given the gift of death so that we aren't eternally subjected to silly questions.
Translation : I have no idea so I must try to belittle you to stop your train of thought

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 18
1 edit

We die because Adam our forefather disobeyed God and came under the authority of God's enemy. Death enter into man because of this rebellion of Adam and his subsequent attachment to the opposition party that is against God.