Why do some soldiers...

Why do some soldiers...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF

Be that as it may, but "empiricism, rationalism and belief" have no impact whatsoever - and most certainly can create nothing remotely akin to an "absolute truth" - about "a life to come" after this lifetime.
These three systems of percetion represent a primary difference between the human race and the pyramidal food chain which are without souls.

If these attributes have no mpact, we are indeed a sorry and hopeless beyond any and all creatures beyond our capacity to ever fathom.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Why waste each other's time if we're both merely temporal bags of skin and bones, signinifying nothing of significance and going nowhere?

Hence, all of our time is wasted anyway, and thus we might as well waste some of it here! 😀

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit

[b]Hence, all of our time is wasted[/b anyway, and thus we might as well waste some of it here! 😀
Please speak for yourself, kind sir.

F

Moves
11 Jun 12

These three systems of percetion represent a primary difference between the human race and the pyramidal food chain which are without souls.

If these attributes have no mpact, we are indeed a sorry and hopeless beyond any and all creatures beyond our capacity to ever fathom.

Your self-pity and hopelessness in the face of death, no matter how intense or sincere, have no impact on the objective reality of food chains, systems of perception, or death.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
11 Jun 12

Please speak for yourself, kind sir.

That's rich! You're the one who started this line of thought by speaking for others in the first place.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Jun 12

Unfortunately you have no present frame of reference and, therefore, lack all capacity to conceptualize and understand.

You already know everything. All manner of falsehood has been sucked in by the vacuum pump within your eternal soul. .
I am starting to agree with you. My time is clearly wasted on this thread.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF

Your self-pity and hopelessness in the face of death, no matter how intense or sincere, have no impact on the objective reality of food chains, systems of perception, or death.
FMF, you're missing the entire focal point again. Decision/Action point of impact is during

the empty life lived before eventual physical death. Soul itself, the real you, never dies.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit

That's rich! You're the one who started this line of thought by speaking for others in the first place.
You must have been preoccupied with something else which robbed your

percetiveprowess from noticing the transition of our friendly conversation.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
I am starting to agree with you. My time is clearly wasted on this thread.
Little slow on the uptake today?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
empirical evidence, nil! Indeed how are you going to explain away all those that have
overcome all manner of difficulties and adverse circumstances after coming to an
accurate knowledge of the Christ and his teachings, hmmm?
some people can overcome difficulties and adverse circumstances after coming to allah, vishna or willy wonka.

only a true god could overcome the difficulties and adverse circumstances of everyone who came to him. none of the characters above, nor jesus, nor biblegod can do this. ergo, none of them are true gods.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Jun 12

pity that, the assertion was not made on any other basis other than the teachings of
Christ, try sticking to the script.
no, the script was for a general diety. you wanted to discuss the specific case of christs and i put the script in that perspective. christ cannot overcome the difficulties of everyone who come to him. ergo, he is no god.

F

Moves
11 Jun 12

FMF, you're missing the entire focal point again. Decision/Action point of impact is during

the empty life lived before eventual physical death. Soul itself, the real you, never dies.

I'm not missing your point at all. Your point is that if people don't agree with you when you claim the "soul itself, the real you, never dies" then you think their lives are "empty". Pretty unsophisticated really, and not a point one can really "miss" seeing as it is one that is hackneyed beyond belief.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Jun 12

second post made by op and the one that the comments with regard to promises being fulfilled or otherwise were made,

Come unto me all of you who are heavy laden (conflicted within your immortal souls) and I will give you rest."

a direct quotation from, Matthew 11:28
here is the fixed version of that verse:

[matthew 11:28 fixed] come unto me all of you who are heavy laden and i will maybe give you rest. i might decide not to, or maybe it's not in my power to do so. in such a case, you could try some other mythical creature, or take up a hobby.

rc

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
here is the fixed version of that verse:

[matthew 11:28 fixed] come unto me all of you who are heavy laden and i will maybe give you rest. i might decide not to, or maybe it's not in my power to do so. in such a case, you could try some other mythical creature, or take up a hobby.
FAIL, your assertions find no basis in the Greek text, like your assertions that a person
will not find refreshment, without substantiation.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
I'm not missing your point at all. Your point is that if people don't agree with you when you claim the "soul itself, the real you, never dies" then you think their lives are "empty". Pretty unsophisticated really, and not a point one can really "miss" seeing as it is one that is hackneyed beyond belief.
Whatever you say.