Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?

Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Jesus had a relationship with God because he was righteous and was obedient
Abraham had a relationship with God because he was righteous and was obedient.

If they were not obedient and followed Gods wishes then they would have nothing

You see Secondson, there's your problem. You obviously don't have a relationship with God, becuase you constantly dec ...[text shortened]... od works and obedience to God.

You are like sonship and promote mouth worship and lip service
Abraham wasn’t totally obedient.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Mar 18

Originally posted by @secondson
All religions are a scam. The Bible talks about a relationship, not religion.

Maybe if you really do read the Bible you'll learn that, but that's no guarantee, I mean, just look at Rajk. He's got religion big time.
What threads are you reading?

Rajk may be the only Christian who knows what he's talking

Now before you attack , consider the message . Cheers

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Mar 18

Yep .. resort to nonsense personal attacks, when you have no rebuttal to this :

The point is that Paul explains who is SAVED in Ephesians 2
He explains who inherits the Kingdom of God in Ephesians 5

The difference is good works and righteousness.
Saved born again Christians who do not qualify will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Hundreds of times you read the Bible and did not figure that out?
Go read it a hundred times more.
Yep bro

Attacks is exactly what they are

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
20 Mar 18

Jesus had a relationship with God because he was righteous and was obedient
Abraham had a relationship with God because he was righteous and was obedient.

If they were not obedient and followed Gods wishes then they would have nothing

You see Secondson, there's your problem. You obviously don't have a relationship with God, becuase you constantly dec ...[text shortened]... od works and obedience to God.

You are like sonship and promote mouth worship and lip service
..."you constantly decry good works and obedience to God."

No I don't. You're only projecting your bias. You, because of your bias, are unable to stay focused on the subject of debate, which is salvation by grace through faith and not of works.

This is no doubt where you stop reading.

What you don't understand is that without salvation and the subsequent baptism by the Holy Ghost into Christ one is powerless to do "good works" except by doing them in the flesh, which is impossible anyway. And what's more the "works" are preordained by God.

Still there?

Your self styled legalistic system of keeping the law is the antithesis of the gospel of Jesus Christ which says you are saved by grace through faith...and not of works.

That's the simple of it. Does that mean then that we have a license to sin...God forbid.

No. Your argument is with the scriptures Rajk.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
20 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel

After you read the Bible, then maybe we can have a substantive discussion.

How do you know Rajk is a Christian? You don't. Jesus said you will know them by their fruit. Well, we can't see each other here, but we can read what one says and surmise their thinking, and if what they say doesn't square the the scriptures, then the fruit is rotten.

But how would you know? None of what you say squares with the scriptures either. Except maybe what you've gathered by rote, accidentally, and still you don't really believe Jesus died for your sins.

Probably why you and Rajk are two peas in a pod.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Mar 18

No I don't. You're only projecting your bias. You, because of your bias, are unable to stay focused on the subject of debate, which is salvation by grace through faith and not of works.

In this regard I see that your experience with Rajk999 is nearly identical with mine over the years.

He has one subject - "What man is able and responsible to do." It is like if the only tool you have is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Mar 18
1 edit

[b]..."you constantly decry good works and obedience to God."

[hidden]This is no doubt where you stop reading.[/hidden]

What you don't understand is that wit ...[text shortened]... en that we have a license to sin...God forbid.

No. Your argument is with the scriptures Rajk.[/b]
What did Paul say about who inherits eternal life in the Kingdom of God? It is interesting that you completely ignore what Paul is saying when he speaks of the Kingdom of God.

Like a typical misguided church Christian you boast :
- Im saved
- I believe in Christ resurrection
- I have the Holy Spirit
- I have eternal life.

BUT you ignore what Paul says about how one actually inherits the Kingdom of God.

Why are you not addressing this point?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Mar 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @sonship

In this regard I see that your experience with Rajk999 is nearly identical with mine over the years.

He has one subject - "What man is able an ...[text shortened]... to do." It is like if the only tool you have is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail.
'What man is able and responsible to do', is the foundation of the Christian life. Your Christian doctrine has no foundation. You are l like the man that built his house on the sand and you will surely fall one day.

In years to come you will thank me .. like Checkbaiter already did. Im sure there are many Christians out there who are quietly thanking me for clearing up some of the things that have bothered them for years about church doctrines. Many church doctrines are false and leads to damnation.

The foundation of the Christian life is not harping on what Jesus did. Jesus did his work and left man to do his. Paul is a very misinterpreted Apostle. His teachings were to explain to the Gentiles about Christ and who he was and what he did. But it does not end there. Paul went to great lengths to tell Christians about their life in Christ, and their duty and responsibilities, and failure in this regards leads to damnation. Read your Bible, and stop listening to false teachers.

Moves
20 Mar 18

What did Paul say about who inherits eternal life in the Kingdom of God? It is interesting that you completely ignore what Paul is saying when he speaks of the Kingdom of God.

Like a typical misguided church Christian you boast :
- Im saved
- I believe in Christ resurrection
- I have the Holy Spirit
- I have eternal life.

BUT you ignore what Pa ...[text shortened]... ys about how one actually inherits the Kingdom of God.

Why are you not addressing this point?
BUT you ignore what Paul says about how one actually inherits the Kingdom of God.

That's rich coming from a guy that is probably ignoring 99% of the Bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel

That is not what is going on.
There is in his teaching an element of worldly philosophy which attracts those of the world.

The world hears him because so much of his teaching is made up of the world's philosophy.

John warned the believers about this "spirit of the antichrist". Here we mean "Instead of" Christ. Ie. "another Jesus".

" They are out of the world; therefore the world hears them.

We are of God; he who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. From this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of deception." (1 John 4:5,6)

I think that you recommend him because the worldly element is in both of you, and you approve him - a Christian who really knows the Gospel.

But he doesn't on some major (not minor permissible matters), but major misrepresentations.

" I like this one " you say.
He's telling you the worldly Christ-less philosophy you want to hear. He even flatters atheists.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Mar 18

Originally posted by @sonship

That is not what is going on.
There is in his teaching an element of worldly philosophy which attracts those of the world.

The world hears him because so much of his teaching is made up of the world's philosophy.

John warned the believers about this [b]"spirit of the an ...[text shortened]... e's telling you the worldly Christ-less philosophy you want to hear. He even flatters atheists.
I tell people how to live the real Christ-like life with their actions.
You tell people how to live Christ with their mouth.

Moves
20 Mar 18

No actually you keep telling people to put the cart before the horse.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Mar 18

Really? Have you identified what you consider to be “good works?” Have you said how many good works one must do to enter the Kingdom of God? Have you explained how the thief on the cross obtained salvation without doing any good works? Have you explained where Jesus Christ fits into your false belief system if atheists go to heaven based on good works, as you previously stated? Have you explained why Jesus Christ died, if atheists go to heaven based on good works? Have you explained how God’s New Covenant with man is different from His Covenant in the Old Testament? If Jesus’ message is the only thing that matters, as you seem to believe, have you explained why God did not just have a prophet deliver the message? Have you explained why you believe the Gospel writers and Paul got Jesus wrong but then cite them when they write something you agree with?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Mar 18

How do you know Rajk is a Christian? You don't. Jesus said you will know them by their fruit. Well, we can't see each other here, but we can read what one says and surmise their thinking, and if what they say doesn't square the the scriptures, then the fruit is rotten.

But ho ...[text shortened]... n't really believe Jesus died for your sins.

I just stand up for what I believe in , not personalities

40000 + denominations for Christianity, so my take on scripture isn't going to square up with every other version

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Mar 18
1 edit

But ho ...[text shortened]... n't really believe Jesus died for your sins.

I should have said 'Christian thinking ' not ' Christian ' in my post (when referring to Rajk)