Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?

Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @secondson
Nonsense?

What nonsense? "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ,.."?

Are you saying that it is nonsense that a man is justified by the faith of Jesus Christ and not by the works of the law?

What is this nonsense you're talking about?
Your interpretation of what Paul is saying ... NONSENSE.
I started a thread called 'Pauls letter to the Ephesians'. Please read it and comment.
The very same thing applies to Galatians from which you quoted.

Christians are saved by the death of Christ
Christians are justified by faith in Christ.
Christians are born again Saints in Christ
Christians have the Holy Spirit ...
BUT ...
Paul says very clearly that it is only if they live righteously, refrain from sin.
THEN
they get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Something is nonsensical about your interpretation of what Paul says.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Your interpretation of what Paul is saying ... NONSENSE.
I started a thread called 'Pauls letter to the Ephesians'. Please read it and comment.
The very same thing applies to Galatians from which you quoted.

Christians are saved by the death of Christ
Christians are justified by faith in Christ.
Christians are born again Saints in Christ
Christians ...[text shortened]... in the Kingdom of God.

Something is nonsensical about your interpretation of what Paul says.
"Something is nonsensical about your interpretation of what Paul says."

Are you so deeply entrenched in your religious belief system that you can't see what the verse is saying?

Here's a shorter verse for you. Let's see what you can get out of it.

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

[b]"Something is nonsensical about your interpretation of what Paul says."

Are you so deeply entrenched in your religious belief system that you can't see what the verse is saying?

Here's a shorter verse for you. Let's see what you can get out of it.

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.[/b]
Are you so deeply entrenched in your belief system that you are blind to all the references that say that only those who live righteously enter the kingdom of God???

A justified man can therefore be cast out.

Please dont feed me your crap about all Christians do good works or that born again Christians have the Holy Spirit and are sealed blah blah blah....

The bible condemns all that mumbo jumbo.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

Are you so deeply entrenched in your belief system that you are blind to all the references that say that only those who live righteously enter the kingdom of God???

Please dont feed me your crap about all Christians do good works or that born again Christians have the Holy Spirit and are sealed blah blah blah....

When will you accept Christ into your heart and believe in Him and His Resurrection?

Don’t you think that is necessary to be justified and righteous before God?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
When will you accept Christ into your heart and believe in Him and His Resurrection?

Don’t you think that is necessary to be justified and righteous before God?
When will you accept what Jesus and Paul said about Who enters the kingdom of God?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

When will you accept what Jesus and Paul said about Who enters the kingdom of God?
I do. I don’t accept your interpretation.

Why won’t you answer this question: Do you believe it is necessary to believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection to enter the Kingdom of God?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
When you come to the living Son of God and receive Him into your spirit as Savior and Lord, you will realize by comparison that you have been trying to justify yourself before God by "dead works".

It will be a relief.
Now you consider it a great disappointment.
If you mean relief from this worlds evil into the relative bliss of Nirvana then I welcome it
You really dont know me. Very few do

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
How so? Which part of this core element of Christian faith is selfish and twisted to you?

'You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.'
Its the way the Christian church has turned religion into the biggest scam around.
Its all down to interpretation .

Trust no one , question everything

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Mar 18

If you don't believe what the Bible says about Jesus, then it is you that is wrong about knowing Jesus.

It's a no-brainer.
No brainer ???

Its easy to read the universe. I didn't cast first stone . Life is simple.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I do. I don’t accept your interpretation.

Why won’t you answer this question: Do you believe it is necessary to believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection to enter the Kingdom of God?
There is no interpretation. Paul said in plain simple language who inherits the Kingdom of God and who does not . You dont accept it... fine.

As for the death and resurrection of Christ maybe you are not aware that many thousands of people in the time of Christ had their names written in the book of life. They knew nothing of Christ death and resurrection

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18

You just can't face the truth of Romans 3:28 can you?

It's so clear. "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law."

Just too big of a leap for you I guess.

If you're not to afraid of going blind read carefully Ephesians 2:8-10.
Notice verse 10 and how it says that the works we should walk in we're before ordained by God.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

It's all of God, and none of you or anyone else.

Not your grace.
Not your faith.
Not your works.

Just keep on boasting though and violate God's Word.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18
1 edit

As for the death and resurrection of Christ maybe you are not aware that many thousands of people in the time of Christ had their names written in the book of life. They knew nothing of Christ death and resurrection
Oh really?! Name one.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
No brainer ???

Its easy to read the universe. I didn't cast first stone . Life is simple.
Read the Bible. Then we'll have something substantive to talk about.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Mar 18

Read the Bible. Then we'll have something substantive to talk about.
I do read the bible. You assume too much

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

Oh really?! Name one.
The many thousands who wee baptized by John the baptist
The many thousands who listened to Jesus and believed at the Sermon on the Mount.

You want all their names?