Why are the skeptics here?

Why are the skeptics here?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
09 Feb 06

I understand why the Christians are here discussing God, but why are the skeptics here? If I can speak generally, the thing skeptics dislike about Christians most is that we're unwilling to change the basis of our faith. So what do the skeptics hope to accomplish with these discussions?

DF

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
09 Feb 06

Originally posted by DragonFriend
I understand why the Christians are here discussing God
Why is that?

h

Cosmos

Moves
09 Feb 06

I understand why the Christians are here discussing God, but why are the skeptics here? If I can speak generally, the thing skeptics dislike about Christians most is that we're unwilling to change the basis of our faith. So what do the skeptics hope to accomplish with these discussions?

DF
It's fun baiting the mentally impaired.

L

Moves
09 Feb 06

Originally posted by howardgee
Consider yourself the Master Baiter, then.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
09 Feb 06

Originally posted by LemonJello
Consider yourself the Master Baiter, then.
Pucker up.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
09 Feb 06
1 edit

Surely someone must appreciate the irony of the posts thus far. 😉 😀

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
09 Feb 06

DF
The name of this forum is Spirituality, not christian myth and faulty logic.
I run a group on MSN which is religious but I am not a christian.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
09 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by caissad4
The name of this forum is Spirituality, not christian myth and faulty logic.
I run a group on MSN which is religious but I am not a christian.
faulty logic

ROFL. You should see some of the skeptics when they hit their stride - you need to draw a Karnaugh map to follow their line of reasoning.

d

Moves
09 Feb 06

DF
I got lost looking for a game of chess.

TM

Moves
09 Feb 06

DF
I don't ask for much. I just hope I've changed then way you think about life.

l

London

Moves
09 Feb 06

DF
It's a bad habit - like smoking.

j
Top Gun

Angels 20

Moves
09 Feb 06

I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously. - Douglas Adams.

This is my take on the subject too. I find religion and people's reasons for believing it fascinating.

l

London

Moves
09 Feb 06

Originally posted by howardgee
Have a lot of experience baiting fellow patients, have you?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 Feb 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Have a lot of experience baiting fellow patients, have you?
Wow, it only took you 4 days to come up with that gem!

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 Feb 06

DF
Indeed, I really just stumbled in here intially for a bit of a look. I saw a thread about evolution, took a gander and found it was being extremely unfairly treated, and indeed, even lied about. Being a biological scientist I wasn't going to allow that. The rest, as they say, is geography.