Why are no bible books written today?

Why are no bible books written today?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Jan 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
So Christians are not killing other religious folk anywhere in the world?
Christians are being beheaded by these Islamic monsters, numbnuts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 16

Originally posted by roigam
Wouldn't you say that the Christian Greek Scriptures are an accurate record of the coming of the Messiah and the establishing of the Christian Congregation/Religion?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 27 New Testament books the NT canon, divine revelation concerning the new testament economy.

There hs been no need for further books to be written during the dark ages.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No further canonical books were discovered to be of divine inspiration.
Helpful books have been written, and some not helpful.

But, there will be new books after this system is concluded.
See:
(Revelation 5:5) But one of the elders said to me: “Stop weeping. Look! The Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has conquered so as to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The opening of the scroll sealed with seven seals IS the greater part of the book of Revelation. The passage you point to concerns the very book of Revelation. The CONTENTS of the book of Revelation come out of the opening of the seals.

[b]
(Revelation 17:8) The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And the inhabitants of the earth—those whose names have not been written in the scroll of life from the founding of the world—will be amazed when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That passage says nothing about the New Testament being added to.

There are some things presently unknown, however, like what exactly was said by "the seven thunders" (Rev. 10:4, which John was told to "seal up". But even there it says nothing about a new book being written.

I am not sure what point you're making.

(Revelation 20:12) And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.
(Revelation 21:27) But anything defiled and anyone who does what is disgusting and deceitful will in no way enter into it; only those written in the Lamb’s scroll of life will enter.
There's some good reading to look forward to!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those books or scrolls are being written as each person LIVES his or her life.

The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.
(Revelation 21:27)

Today we need to open our hearts fully to the word of God. And we need to touch the living Spirit of Christ Who is behind the words of Scripture. Romans 10:17 says this. Some ancient manuscripts read "God" instead of Christ.

Berean Literal Bible
So faith is from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

New American Standard Bible
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

NET Bible
Consequently faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the preached word of Christ.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Faith then cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of Christ.

Darby Bible Translation
So faith then [is] by a report, but the report by God's word.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
14 Jan 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You're such a child.
How curious that you merely deflect as opposed to outright deny it! 😉

T

Moves
15 Jan 16

Originally posted by Agerg
How curious that you merely deflect as opposed to outright deny it! 😉
You're like young teen. If you're older than 15 Greg, you should be embarrassed.

r

Moves
15 Jan 16

Originally posted by sonship
[b] Wouldn't you say that the Christian Greek Scriptures are an accurate record of the coming of the Messiah and the establishing of the Christian Congregation/Religion?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 27 New Testament books the NT canon, divine revelation concernin ...[text shortened]... ble Translation [/b]
So faith then [is] by a report, but the report by God's word.

[/quote][/b]
Yes, you are correct to a degree.
The scrolls of Revelation show why no further books were needed thru the years.
They covered all that was happening with God's purpose until our time, and even thru our time.
Rev 17:8 speaks of "the scroll of life". We do not yet know what names are written there.
This will be an addition to the Christian Scriptures whatever language they are written in wouldn't you say?
The point is, God will reveal what is necessary for us to know at the right time for it.

It is not correct to say the scrolls are being written based on our lives. If they were we wouldn't have a chance. Anyway, (Romans 6:23) For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.
It's clear that our slate is wiped clean at death
Those who are resurrected back to life on Earth will be judged out of how they obey the new scrolls God provides for our guidance.
Whether these will be an addition to the Bible or a new book we don't know.

Moves
15 Jan 16

...the Bible fully and straightforwardly explains God's will, contains no conflicting or contradictory passages and everyone who has ever read it is in complete agreement as to its meaning...
😵

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jan 16

You're like young teen. If you're older than 15 Greg, you should be embarrassed.
For you, its destroy the messenger, forget the message. Grind down the messenger in the mud so you can feel superior again.

You are stuck in the biggest scam in the history of mankind, religion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by roigam
It is not correct to say the scrolls are being written based on our lives.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it depends.
The scrolls contain the deeds of the ones described as "the dead" standing before God at the great white throne judgment at the end of the millennium.

" And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and SCROLLS were opened; and another scroll was opened, which is the book of life.

And the dead were judged by the things which were written in the scrolls, according to their works." (Rev. 20:12)

What is written in the books or scrolls concerns their works. And the dead unbelievers are doing works while they live every day.

Paul warned those who are unrepentant, that they are accumulating or storing up wrath against themselves regularly.

"But according to your hardness and unrepentant heart, you are storing up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God. Who will render to each according to his work." (Romans 2:5,6)

The record is piling up for the unbeliever AS the scroll of their deeds is being added to with each day. So repentance is prudent. And turning to the Savior Christ is more than wise.

I have confidence that I will not be standing in that judgment at the great white throne. However I will be standing at "the judgment seat of Christ" 1,000 years before this judgment at the great white throne.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16
1 edit

The judgment seat of Christ is for those for whom the question of eternal redemption has already been answered in the affirmative. Only the saved are qualified to stand at the judgment seat of Christ before the millennial kingdom (1 Cor. 3:10-17; Rom. 14:10-12)

This judgment seat of Christ is to settle the receiving of reward.
It concerns whether one's life as a believer has been one of defeat or of overcoming. And the issue is not eternal perdition verses eternal redemption but rather reward or discipline for the next thousand years.

" If anyone's work which he has built upon the foundation remains, he will receive a reward; (v.14)

If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." (v.15)

If they were we wouldn't have a chance. Anyway, (Romans 6:23) For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.
It's clear that our slate is wiped clean at death

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want your slate wiped clean, you must believe into the Son of God. Then His blood of redemption will wash your sins away completely.

If you are indoctrinated into the Jehovah's Witness theology, you are not being encouraged to believe into the Son of God. And while you may believe into Him against their standard system, by God mercy, your sins are washed in the blood of Jesus.

When you become aware that God has been made real to you subjectively through touching the Spirit of Christ, it is definitely time to get out of the Jehovah's Witnesses. If you become born again, they probably will kick you out when they see that you do love the Lord Jesus and confess Him as your Lord and Savior.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16

Those who are resurrected back to life on Earth will be judged out of how they obey the new scrolls God provides for our guidance.
Whether these will be an addition to the Bible or a new book we don't know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have much misunderstanding. If you believe into Jesus Christ as Lord, as to eternity you have already BEEN judged. On Calvary, on the cross of Christ, THAT was the eternally righteous judgment for you.

My advice to you is to begin to believe this and thank God that in Jesus, YOU were already condemned and judged in His crucifixion. Something like this:

"Lord Jesus, I believe that when you died upon Calvary I was judged IN You. Lord Jesus, I thank you that the wrath of God fell upon You in my place, that I may be justified forever."

I believe that God will honor that prayer of faith and the Spirit of Christ will come into your heart. Then you will have assurance of eternal redemption.

T

Moves
15 Jan 16

Originally posted by C Hess
😵
Exactly

T

Moves
15 Jan 16
2 edits

For you, its destroy the messenger, forget the message. Grind down the messenger in the mud so you can feel superior again.

You are stuck in the biggest scam in the history of mankind, religion.
Are you seriously defending Agerg's puerile post on Page 5? Seems much more likely that you haven't been reading along and posted this in ignorance.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jan 16

Are you seriously defending Agerg's puerile post on Page 5? Seems much more likely that you haven't been reading along and posted this in ignorance.
I skimmed over that post, admittedly a bit childish. I think he is still in school, maybe at masters level but still low 20's.

T

Moves
15 Jan 16

I skimmed over that post, admittedly a bit childish. I think he is still in school, maybe at masters level but still low 20's.
Well, after he starts working and spending more time around adults, hopefully he'll mature. But then, there are always the few who never seem to progress beyond about 14.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16

ThinkOfOne,

...the Bible fully and straightforwardly explains God's will, contains no conflicting or contradictory passages and everyone who has ever read it is in complete agreement as to its meaning...

Were you just scolding someone for having a kind of immature attitude ?
This sarcastic quip is not all that reflective of sophisticated adult thinking.

If the Bible consisted of one chapter that read like this -

"Jesus loves me, this I know.
For the Bible tells me so."

No doubt, you would be perplexed that it does not contain more in depth discussion covering many important issues on many levels.

But it contains many books that cover changing times, wildly varied circumstances, and a variety of situations. And you sarcastically quip that some disagreement over passages exists. That is supposedly proof of the Bible's frivolousness and impracticality ?

I don't share that view. Behind the word is the living God that you must meet and experience. He will illumine this portion of His word to effect your living on this day. He may illumine another portion to dispense Himself into you more on another day.

There may be paradoxical statements in His word, for sure.
How about the truth seeker take to heart the Apostle Paul's word on holding fast to the Head, the living Christ in order to grow to maturity ?

" Until we all arrive ..."

Notice Paul said "we" not excluding himself, a Christian of considerable maturity.

" Until we all arrive at the oneness of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, at a full-grown man, at the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,

That we may be no longer little children tossed by waves and carried about by every wind of teaching ..."

That is kind of what your remark is about, IE. " There are too many winds of teaching. There is too much tossing this way and that way by these various winds of teaching."

Okay. You have ground for that complaint. We don't despair.

"That we may be no longer little children tossed by waves and carried about by every wind of teaching in the sleight of men, in crafitiness with a view to a system of error.

But holding to truth in love, we may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, Christ ..."
(Oh enjoy the whole passage - Ephesians 4:11 - 16 )

We may GROW UP not throw up our hands in despair.