"Why Are Atheists Always Attacking Christians?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"Why Are Atheists Always Attacking Christians?"

"Here is the answer. Please note as background that I am a Catholic. Yes -- a reviled Christian. It's common to read attacks by Atheists on practicing Christians on Daily Kos -- and, indeed, on the Internet at large. These attacks often infantalize Christians, assault their sense of reason, slan ...[text shortened]... ion? Like? Dislike? Too Long to Read? Questions? Thoughtful Comments? Protest? Personal Attacks?[/b]
cos they freaking deserve it

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by redbarons
cos they freaking deserve it
You rang?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Apr 14

"Here is the answer. Please note as background that I am a Catholic. Yes -- a reviled Christian. It's common to read attacks by Atheists on practicing Christians on Daily Kos -- and, indeed, on the Internet at large. These attacks often infantalize Christians, assault their sense of reason, slan ...[text shortened]... ion? Like? Dislike? Too Long to Read? Questions? Thoughtful Comments? Protest? Personal Attacks?[/b]
"Why Are Atheists Always Attacking Christians?"

I believe it is because they hate the idea of God to judge them and therefore, they enjoy persecuting the most vocal of the lovers of God. In the past it was the Jews and today it just just happens to be us Christians.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Yes, I know; but I found the subject of 'attacks' rather uninteresting. I am more interested in weeding out bad arguments.
If in fact you've disavowed your faith in Christ, why would you be "more interested in weeding out bad arguments." from Christians' statements concerning their belief? Sport? For the helluva of it to entertain yourself and your friends? Other?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by RJHinds

I believe it is because they hate the idea of God to judge them and therefore, they enjoy persecuting the most vocal of the lovers of God. In the past it was the Jews and today it just just happens to be us Christians.[/b]
"I believe it is because they hate the idea of God to judge them..."

Interesting, RJ. I'd be interested in reasons why you believe this?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
26 Apr 14

If in fact you've disavowed your faith in Christ, why would you be "more interested in weeding out bad arguments." from Christians' statements concerning their belief? Sport? For the helluva of it to entertain yourself and your friends? Other?
Wouldn't you like to know. 😉

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

This is basically answered here: Thread 157451

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Apr 14

Wouldn't you like to know. 😉
Not particularly, SG. It really belongs in your own most intimate privacy closet. Why would I ask? With the hope you would examine your own online public posture as well as the unspoken questions that lodge in the frontal lobes of your forehead.
"But where is Atheism leading us? What does it have planned for humankind, being that this is a movement that espouses no plan at all beyond the individual exercise of reason? Does there need to be one? No matter, for now. It's content with being a force of resistance, a form of protest. It's direction is attack. Attack defines it, because this is what it is. And I'm steeling myself to get used to it, though I still have the random outburst in reaction to the All-Seeing Eye.

Funny thing, though. Human nature is such that, on closer examination, the Atheist movement is full of the same weak, irrational, conflicted, myopic human beings that fill the ranks of the religious. We're all small -- tiny, really -- when compared to the grandeur of the Divine or the Universe. (Your choice.) So, please. A little humility?" Sun Jan 06, 2013" (OP)

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/06/1176767/-Why-Are-Atheists-Always-Attacking-Christians#

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
This is basically answered here: Thread 157451
Applicable FAQ Quote, please.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
26 Apr 14

Not particularly, SG. It really belongs in your own most intimate privacy closet. Why would I ask? With the hope you would examine your own online public posture as well as the unspoken questions that lodge in the frontal lobes of your forehead.
"But where is Atheism leading us? What does it have planned for humankind, being that this is a movem ...[text shortened]... www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/06/1176767/-Why-Are-Atheists-Always-Attacking-Christians#
Yes, but Bob, why should I care that my 'public posture' (whatever the hell that is) does not meet with your approval?

I mean, I think you're a pretentious, condescending, overly-evangelical fear-peddler, but you don't let that slow you down one bit, now do you? So why would you expect your disdain (tucked away in the vague word 'examine', because you lack the candor to just state it outright) to do that to me?

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

Applicable FAQ Quote, please.
Just read it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Apr 14
1 edit

Yes, but Bob, why should I care that my 'public posture' (whatever the hell that is) does not meet with your approval?

I mean, I think you're a pretentious, condescending, overly-evangelical fear-peddler, but you don't let that slow you down one bit, now do you? So why would you expect your disdain (tucked away in the vague word 'examine', because you lack the candor to just state it outright) to do that to me?
SG, you shouldn't care about your "public posture" except in terms of common courtesy. My "approval" or disapproval is inconsequential and therefore meaningless. You're obviously free to think whatever you wish. There's no "disdain" in the word "examine"; its a biblical word: 'The Bereans examined these things to see if they were so'. (paraphrased). Hardly "lack of candor". It's the candor itself. You're looked up to on this forum. Very few will say words to you they know you don't want to hear; of the few who do, most of them do so with cleverness or humor. I cut along a raw nerve with you with "If in fact you've disavowed your faith in Christ, why would you be "more interested in weeding out bad arguments" from Christians' statements concerning their belief? Sport? For the helluva of it to entertain yourself and your friends? Other?" I'll back off.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Just read it.
Thank you.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by C Hess
[b]Atheism in itself is the lack of belief in the supernatural. I'm not part of any protest
movement. I've never understood the need to join in groups. It's what weak people do. If
you can't stand on your own, sit. That's what I've always said. I've always been an atheist,
and I have no need to rebel against religion... unless some dumbass creationi ...[text shortened]... good entertainment to rail against religious beliefs.

Anyway, that's my take on this subject.[/b]
Thanks for your honesty, CH. I'm glad you're contributing to several of these site forums.

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

SG, you shouldn't care about your "public posture" except in terms of common courtesy. My "approval" or disapproval is inconsequential and therefore meaningless. You're obviously free to think whatever you wish. There's no "disdain" in the word "examine"; its a biblical word: 'The Bereans examined these things to see if they were so'. (paraphrased). Har ...[text shortened]... ief? Sport? For the helluva of it to entertain yourself and your friends? Other?" I'll back off.
This post has all the hallmarks of someone relishing the smell of his own farts. 🙂