Who?

Who?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PH

Moves
29 Aug 12

In the 1st century at the east end of the Mediterranean there was a man who taught the worship of the one true god and declared that god didn't want sacrifice but charity and piety. He also taught to avoid hatred. He supposedly performed miracles by raising the dead, healing the sick and casting out demons. Some of his followers called him the son of god although he called himself the son of man. He was accused of sedition by Rome, arrested and executed. After his execution his disciples said he was resurrected, appeared to them and then ascended to heaven. Who is this written about?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
29 Aug 12

Originally posted by Phil Hill
In the 1st century at the east end of the Mediterranean there was a man who taught the worship of the one true god and declared that god didn't want sacrifice but charity and piety. He also taught to avoid hatred. He supposedly performed miracles by raising the dead, healing the sick and casting out demons. Some of his followers called him the son of god a ...[text shortened]... id he was resurrected, appeared to them and then ascended to heaven. Who is this written about?
None other than Jesus I would say

Manny

PH

Moves
29 Aug 12

Originally posted by menace71
None other than Jesus I would say

Manny
Bzzt (that was the incorrect answer buzzer).

Did you really think it was that easy?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Aug 12
1 edit

In the 1st century at the east end of the Mediterranean there was a man who taught the worship of the one true god and declared that god didn't want sacrifice but charity and piety. He also taught to avoid hatred. He supposedly performed miracles by raising the dead, healing the sick and casting out demons. Some of his followers called him the son of god a ...[text shortened]... id he was resurrected, appeared to them and then ascended to heaven. Who is this written about?
Did this man also live in Nazareth, Israel, reported to be born of a virgin, crucified on a cross, and called messiah, the anointed one, or the Christ?

Perhaps you are referring to the 1st century B.C. If that is the case it might be Simon of Peraea that you are talking about who had his head cut off by the Romans before Jesus was born.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
29 Aug 12

John the Baptist?

PH

Moves
29 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Did this man also live in Nazareth, Israel, reported to be born of a virgin, crucified on a cross, and called messiah, the anointed one, or the Christ?
Can you read?

t

Moves
29 Aug 12

Apollonius

PH

Moves
29 Aug 12

Originally posted by tim88
Apollonius
Right but I wanted to screw with the dumb Christians. You ruined the party.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
29 Aug 12

Oh the irony.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Aug 12

Apollonius is a mythical character based on the lives of Jesus and the apostle Paul.

PH

Moves
29 Aug 12

Apollonius is a mythical character based on the lives of Jesus and the apostle Paul.
Jesus and Paul are mythical characters based on the life of Apollonius. Do you have any valid evidence for your claim? But no sooner did I say dumb Christian and you showed up. You would think dumb Christian is your name.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
29 Aug 12

Apollonius of Tianna is probably one
of many that make up the synthetic Jesus.

Probably a nice guy ....................

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
29 Aug 12

Jesus and Paul are mythical characters based on the life of Apollonius. Do you have any valid evidence for your claim? But no sooner did I say dumb Christian and you showed up. You would think dumb Christian is your name.
@Dumb Christian@ is RJ's title not his name.

Numbnuts!!

😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Aug 12
2 edits

Where are the followers of Apollonius now? Is there a religion named after him? All mythical religions are obsolete now and only a numbnuts would believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster and the theory of evolution. Christianity on the other hand has passed the test of time. The gates of hell shall not prevail against the church of Christ.

P.S. There was a man named Apollos that worked with Paul for awhile and had to be corrected on some of the doctrine that he was teaching. I believe the myth writers may have used his name in creating the mythical character Apollonius.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
29 Aug 12

Where are the followers of Apollonius now? Is there a religion named after him? All mythical religions are obsolete now and only a numbnuts would believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster and the theory of evolution. Christianity on the other hand has passed the test of time. The gates of hell shall not prevail against the church of Christ.
There is no "test of time"

Throwing salt over ones shoulder predates Christianity!

Even according to Creationists' warped calendar there was 3,000 years
without Christ - so a worrld without Christ has "passed the test of time"

And as for the Flying Spaghetti Monster ... only time will tell .................