Who will stand with me?

Who will stand with me?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
I think you are generally ashamed of the true teachings of Christ and that you are probably embarrassed of what the Bible says as a whole.
Isn't this just a sanctimonious way of saying that you and he disagree over Christian doctrine?

F

Moves
20 May 18

Dive is really just paying the price for his very persistent attacks on regular posters of the Forum, often targeting conservatives. He really doesn't like the taste of his own medicine.
So, you see him being accused of being ashamed of Jesus Christ - "the price", as you put it - as justice being done?

F

Moves
20 May 18

Do note that when I first got here, FMF engaged me with a lot of needling and did the classic <YourName> thread title tactics.
You mean this Thread 175779 ? I thought they were fair questions in light of the personal opinions you had expressed.

F

Moves
21 May 18

I assume that, if it matches your general disposition, it is because they are really left & liberal and deny some of the more fundamental teachings within the Christian tradition. Thus, making your composite views more in conformity with the World than with Christ, which is, at the very minimum, embarrassment and shame toward Christ.
You are equating him disagreeing with you with him 'being ashamed of Christ'. What happens if he goes on to truly bother you and your conservative perspectives - even more than he has done so already - what condemnation or accusation will you graduate to? What Christian-on-Christian insult do you think you could muster that might silence him and his perspectives once and for all?

S. Korea

Moves
21 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Isn't this just a sanctimonious way of saying that you and he disagree over Christian doctrine?
I would say that it goes deeper than that.

I do know some very liberal Christians who take very liberal stances on all manner of things but they come off as being way into promoting simple, earnest faith in Christ.

There was a Greek American at my Church for a while that was very anti-Trump and left on Palestine. There is still a Mexican-American at my Church who literally sympathizes with the Zapatistas and Communism, and uses Christian rhetoric to support some really populsitic "Liberation theology-esque" stuff. He has even hinted that he is a bgi supporter of LGBTQ...

YET... I have not really had any means to question them at all as being embarrassed about it.

Of course, you have to simply believe that what I am saying is true. .. And that is a bit of a jump. It sounds convenient to bring up these sorts of things.

S. Korea

Moves
21 May 18

You mean this Thread 175779 ? I thought they were fair questions in light of the personal opinions you had expressed.
That's right; and I actually did answer them.

LOL, have you literally saved a hyperlink to the thread just to be able to bring it up whenever, potentially hoping to embarrass me?

I have to say I am impressed. That is the sort of diligent trolling that wins flame wars.

F

Moves
21 May 18

That's right; and I actually did answer them.
No, you ran away.

F

Moves
21 May 18

LOL, have you literally saved a hyperlink to the thread just to be able to bring it up whenever, potentially hoping to embarrass me?
Creating a link like that is really easy, as it is with YouTube clips or to chess games.

See here FAQ

F

Moves
21 May 18

I would say that it goes deeper than that.

I do know some very liberal Christians who take very liberal stances on all manner of things but they come off as being way into promoting simple, earnest faith in Christ.

There was a Greek American at my Church for a while that was very anti-Trump and left on Palestine. There is still a Mexican-American ...[text shortened]... is true. .. And that is a bit of a jump. It sounds convenient to bring up these sorts of things.
I have not really had any means to question them at all as being embarrassed about it.

So what is the point of the story, then? Sounds like a red herring.

Once again, as it remains unaddressed: isn't claiming that divegeester is "ashamed of Jesus Christ" - because his perception of the "truth" is not the same as yours - just a sanctimonious way of referring to the fact that you and he disagree over Christian doctrine?

S. Korea

Moves
21 May 18

Creating a link like that is really easy, as it is with YouTube clips or to chess games.

See here FAQ
Right, but you have literally saved the link somewhere so that you can easily go back and create hyperlinks to it.

I have no hyperlink to the Original Post that I made concerning answering your questions in the DEBATE forum, where I felt that a political thread should likely go.

It didn't belong in the Spirituality forum.

And you decided to nto even look at it, lol.

S. Korea

Moves
21 May 18

[b]I have not really had any means to question them at all as being embarrassed about it.

Once again, as it remains unaddressed: isn't claiming that divegeester is "ashamed of Jesus Christ" - because his perception of the "truth" is not the same as yours - just a sanctimonious way of referring to the fact that you and he disagree over Christian doctrine?[/b]
He rejects aspects of the Nicene creed which is heresy to begin with. However, I do not hammer this point home.

I also see him silent on a lot of things, or giving wishy-washy answers, and very interested in persecuting Romans or other conservatives when they say conservative Chrsitian things.

Perhaps this is more my personal dislike for his posting style in this forum and his rejection of hell more than anything.

But, honestly, this topic, while interesting from the perspective that it produces gossip... It probably not a good use of time for myself or for anyone else here. It also isn't healthy for the Forum.

I am not sure how much I want to spend another thousand words or so on the topic so I may not respond to other stuff on it.

Fair warning.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 May 18

[b]I have not really had any means to question them at all as being embarrassed about it.

Once again, as it remains unaddressed: isn't claiming that divegeester is "ashamed of Jesus Christ" - because his perception of the "truth" is not the same as yours - just a sanctimonious way of referring to the fact that you and he disagree over Christian doctrine?[/b]
I said tiger was ashamed *to believe in* Jesus Christ. The fact trolls like Kiddo and Heartpence continue their misrepresentation of what I said is sad but hardly surprising. Heartpence is a habitual liar and Kiddo gets confused after his 48-hour OCD- and ADHD-fueled posting benders.

F

Moves
21 May 18

He rejects aspects of the Nicene creed which is heresy to begin with. However, I do not hammer this point home.
He has different perspectives and opinions on Jesus Christ from you. So what? How does that make him "ashamed of Jesus Christ"?

F

Moves
21 May 18

I also see him silent on a lot of things, or giving wishy-washy answers, and very interested in persecuting Romans or other conservatives when they say conservative Chrsitian things.[/b]
You believe that Romans1009 is being "persecuted" on this forum?

F

Moves
21 May 18

Perhaps this is more my personal dislike for his posting style in this forum and his rejection of hell more than anything.
And why should your "personal dislike for his posting style" be personalized as accusations that he is "ashamed of Jesus Christ"?