Who Jesus is and is not.

Who Jesus is and is not.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 19
2 edits

@ThinkOfOne

The gospel in which you believe is not the gospel preached by Jesus. You listen to the voice of others that do not abide in HIS word. If they did abide in His word, their words would echo His words. Their words do not echo His words. They are not true disciples.

Who did God leave us, mentioned in the New Testament, as a model of a true disciple of Jesus? Or did they ALL fail to prove to be true disciples of Jesus?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 19

ToO, once again -

Who did God leave us, mentioned in the New Testament, as a model of a true disciple of Jesus? Or did they ALL fail to prove to be true disciples of Jesus?

See if you can blame your failure to reply somehow on Witness Lee.

T

Moves
02 Oct 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

The gospel in which you believe is not the gospel preached by Jesus. You listen to the voice of others that do not abide in HIS word. If they did abide in His word, their words would echo His words. Their words do not echo His words. They are not true disciples.

If they did abide in Jesus' word, they would not commit sin, they would bear much fruit and their words would echo Jesus' words . They would be one (perfected in unity) with Jesus and God.

John 8
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.

John 15
8“My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.
10“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

John 17
20“I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; 21that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
22“The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; 23I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

Matthew 10
24“A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. 25“It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master.

Luke 6
40“A pupil is not above his teacher; but everyone, after he has been fully trained, will be like his teacher.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 19
3 edits

@ThinkOfOne

Specific names or a specific name.
Or is there NO ONE by NAME/s specifically, God left us as an example of a true disciple of Jesus Christ ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Oct 19

@thinkofone said
If they did abide in Jesus' word, they would not commit sin, they would bear much fruit and their words would echo Jesus' words . They would be one (perfected in unity) with Jesus and God.

John 8
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If y ...[text shortened]... not above his teacher; but everyone, after he has been fully trained, will be like his teacher.
Rewriting the scriptures?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 19
5 edits

@KellyJay

See how much ThinkOfOne really "CARES" to protect the Gospel? Why, he "cares" SO MUCH that NO DISCIPLE specifically in the New Testament comes up to his standard as a true disciple.

Aren't you touched by how lofty his concern is to hold the teaching of Jesus to a high standard? Why, no one mentioned specifically in the New Testament deserves to be singled out as a true disciple.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 19

Give us a NAME ThinkOfOne. You have plenty to choose from - a TRUE DISCIPLE of Jesus Christ mentioned specifically in the New Testament.

T

Moves
02 Oct 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@KellyJay

See how much ThinkOfOne really "CARES" to protect the Gospel? Why, he "cares" SO MUCH that NO DISCIPLE specifically in the New Testament comes up to his standard as a true disciple.

Aren't you touched by how lofty his concern is to hold the teaching of Jesus to a high standard? Why, no one mentioned specifically in the New Testament deserves to be singled out as a true disciple.
When Jesus began His ministry he quoted from the Book of Isaiah: 
Luke 4 
16And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read. 17And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written, 

18“THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, 
BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. 
HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, 
AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND, 
TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED, 

19TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD.” 
20And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”
Jesus clearly stated His purpose. The purpose for which He was anointed. The purpose for which He is the Christ (Christ means "anointed one" for those who are unaware): 
1) To preach His gospel - These are the words He spoke while preaching His gospel during His ministry. 
2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will of God which is contained in His gospel. 
3) To set free the captives - To FREE those who abide in His word from the slavery of committing sin. To FREE those who abide in His gospel. 

That's it in a nutshell. During His ministry, Jesus did exactly what He said He was going to do. This is the gospel preached by Jesus. This is the true gospel. 

The core of His gospel are contained in the parables, explanations of the parables, the Sermon on the Mount, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing the Kingdom and what living in the Kingdom entails, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing what is required for "eternal life" / living in the Kingdom etc. In short, passages where Jesus is explicitly preaching the vision of His gospel.   

There is no "utter depravity of man" in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. 
There is no "substitutionary atonement for the forgiveness of sins" in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. 
There is no "imputed righteousness" in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

You advocate for the gospel according to those other than Jesus.

Never the twain shall meet.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 19
1 edit

Give us a NAME ThinkOfOne. You have plenty to choose from - a TRUE DISCIPLE of Jesus Christ mentioned specifically by name in the New Testament.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Oct 19

@sonship said
@KellyJay

1 John 1:10
If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 19
1 edit

@ThinkOfOne

When Jesus began His ministry he quoted from the Book of Isaiah:
Luke 4
16And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read. 17And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written,

WHO, is mentioned in the New Testament as a true disciple of Jesus?

Nobody ??

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 19
1 edit

18“THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME,
BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.
HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES,
AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,
TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,

WHO, by name, specifically is mentioned in the New Testament as a true disciple of Jesus Christ ?

NOBODY ??

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 19

19TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD.”
20And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”
Jesus clearly stated His purpose. The purpose for which He was anointed. The purpose for which He is the Christ (Christ means "anointed one" for those who are unaware):
1) To preach His gospel - These are the words He spoke while preaching His gospel during His ministry.
2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will of God which is contained in His gospel.
3) To set free the captives - To FREE those who abide in His word from the slavery of committing sin. To FREE those who abide in His gospel.

WHO ... WHO is mentioned in the New Testament as a true disciple of Jesus?

NOBODY is NAMED ??

T

Moves
02 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
1 John 1:10
If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
1 John 3:4 -9:
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 19

That's it in a nutshell. During His ministry, Jesus did exactly what He said He was going to do. This is the gospel preached by Jesus. This is the true gospel.

The core of His gospel are contained in the parables, explanations of the parables, the Sermon on the Mount, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing the Kingdom and what living in the Kingdom entails, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing what is required for "eternal life" / living in the Kingdom etc. In short, passages where Jesus is explicitly preaching the vision of His gospel.

There is no "utter depravity of man" in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
There is no "substitutionary atonement for the forgiveness of sins" in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
There is no "imputed righteousness" in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

WHO ... BY NAME ... specifically, definitely is told to us was a true disciple of Jesus in the New Testament ?

NOBODY?
NOBODY was EVER named specifically in all the pages of the New Testament - "a true disciple" ??