Who Jesus is and is not.

Who Jesus is and is not.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Sep 19

Jesus IS the Great High Priest who has passed through the heavens and is presently this very day having a ministry to His people. Christians have a great living heavenly Minister in Jesus Christ.

As He walked on the earth after His resurrection He is still the same today. Jesus Christ is the same - yesterday, today, and even forever.

"Now in the things which we are saying the chief point is this: We have such a High Priest, who sat down on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a Minister of the holy places, even of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man." (Heb. 8:1,2)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Sep 19

I have been watching many YuTubes on gravity and things related to physics. When I read about Jesus sitting in heaven at the right hand of the Majesty, I think "Well if Jesus is sitting then there must be gravity where He is. Where is that ??"

I don't know. And I don't care. I don't care as much to know the really important truth -

"Now in the things which we are saying the chief point is this: We have such a High Priest, who sat down on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a Minister of the holy places, even of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man." (Heb. 8:1,2)

I don't care about the gravity mystery as much as I care:

"[The Son of God] Who, being the effulgence of His glory and the impress of His substance and upholding and bearing all things by the word of his power,

having made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high." (Heb. 1:3)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Sep 19
2 edits

Who Jesus is? Jesus is the God-man who is both living in me and also at the right hand of God in resurrection and exaltation interceding for all the believers.

He is living in the believers and in the third heavens praying for His people at the same time.

1.) Christ the God living (indwelling) in the Christians:

But you are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Yet is anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him. But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you." (Romans 8:9-11)

2.) Christ at the right hand of God somewhere at the same time:

"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ Jesus who died and, rather, who was raised, who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." (Rom. 8:34)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 19

@thinkofone said
Yet another dollop of false humility.

It's not about answering to me. It's about embracing the truth.

You reject the truth about yourself. As such, you don't know the truth. You don't hear what Jesus says because all you hear is the dogma that you've been taught.

John 8
34...“Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
31 ...“If ...[text shortened]... s remain forever.
51“Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”
Keep the Word of God in context; you are selective in what pieces you cherry-pick out. In the context of John 8, Jesus speaks about His authority comes from Father God. And that is our abiding in Him, our knowing Him that we get set free from sin. You have no idea what you are talking about, putting your cherry picked version of scripture above the Word of God and replacing the Lord Jesus Christ with a dead one who once walked the planet so you are preaching another jesus instead of Him in the Old Testament and New Testament scriptures.

One other thing, Jesus is the Truth, not you.

John 8
They did not understand that he had been speaking to them about the Father. So Jesus said to them, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me. And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him.” As he was saying these things, many believed in him.
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?”

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Sep 19
8 edits

@KellyJay

Of course ThinkOFOne has been preaching "another Jesus" - a "better reading comprehension - Jesus" .

The whole book of Ephesians is alien to his "another Jesus".
The whole books of Colossians, Philippians, and Galatians are too!

In fact most of the New Testament is alien to ToO "better reading comprehension - Jesus" ... AS ARE MANY of even the "red letters" also.

Acts, Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians as well as most of the NT is alien to his "another Jesus" . Do you think that ONE sermon given by Peter in Acts confirms ToO's "another Jesus" ? I don't think chapter ONE of Acts confirm his "gospel of sentimental imitation of the dead man". [my expression of ToO's teaching]

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 19

@sonship said
@KellyJay

Of course ThinkOFOne has been preaching "another Jesus" - a "better reading comprehension - Jesus" .

The whole book of Ephesians is alien to his "another Jesus".
The whole books of Colossians, Philippians, and Galatians are too!

In fact most of the New Testament is alien to ToO "better reading comprehension - Jesus" ... AS ARE M ...[text shortened]... rm his "gospel of sentimental imitation of the dead man". [my expression of ToO's teaching]
The thing about the scriptural text it will not contradict itself, while the doctrine of those that deny it or portions of it are in contradiction of many text to the point of denial, or minimizing large portions of scripture. I'll give you some text let me know if you can figure out who has issues with them.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Matthew 23:33
You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

T

Moves
01 Oct 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
Keep the Word of God in context; you are selective in what pieces you cherry-pick out. In the context of John 8, Jesus speaks about His authority comes from Father God. And that is our abiding in Him, our knowing Him that we get set free from sin. You have no idea what you are talking about, putting your cherry picked version of scripture above the Word of God and replacing ...[text shortened]... of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?”
And that is our abiding in Him, our knowing Him that we get set free from sin.

According to the words of Jesus, it is those who "abide in [His]" word" that get set free from sin:
“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Like usual what Jesus explicitly states holds no meaning for you as you are "selective in what pieces you cherry-pick out".

You have no idea what you are talking about, putting your cherry picked version of scripture above the Word of God...

You have no idea what you are talking about, putting your dogma driven cherry picked version of scripture above the words spoken by Jesus while He preached His gospel.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 19
2 edits

@ThinkOfOne

According to the words of Jesus, it is those who "abide in [His]" word" that get set free from sin:
“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

If you really cared about abiding in Christ or abiding in His word you would absolutely DIVE into all that the Apostle Paul wrote.

You would seek to learn from Paul, be patiently guided by the pioneering Paul.

That is if you really cared about abiding in the word of Christ.

But you don't. Sorry to say.

T

Moves
01 Oct 19
2 edits

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

If you really cared about abiding in Christ or abiding in His word you would absolutely DIVE into all that the Apostle Paul wr ...[text shortened]... REALLY gave a tenth of a damn about abiding in the word of Christ.

But you don't. Sorry to say.
I see.

In your mind abiding in Jesus' word should not be done via Jesus' word. Instead abiding in Jesus' word should be done via the word of "the pioneering Paul".

Like that makes any sense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 19
1 edit

It is absolutely God's faithfulness that He not only left us the accurate account of what Jesus taught, but the EXAMPLE of a sucessful follower of Jesus.

If ToO really cared to know about abiding in Jesus Christ he would DEVOUR all that that Apostle Paul left to the Christian church on living in union with Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 19

Notice NO ONE has taken up the challenge to prove to me Paul verses Jesus on anything Jesus spoke. No one. They know better because Paul was so very faithful and experienced and a pioneer in living in union with Jesus Christ.

Thank God for such a Christian brother! Showing us the blue print of the church - universal and local, showing us both the individual and the corporate experience the indwelling Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 19
2 edits

@ThinkOfOne

I see.

Would that you really did see.

In your mind abiding in Jesus' word should not be done via Jesus'

Precisely the OPPOSITE.

Ie. " Paul I don't trust. None of the apostles I trust. They haven't even read Soren Kierkegaard. "

word. Instead abiding in Jesus' word should be done via the word of "the pioneering Paul".

Absolutely faithful was Paul.
"I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision." (Acts 26:19)

But then again you neither trust John or Peter or any of the other apostles.

You don't trust the Lord Jesus Christ.
You don't trust Him when He tells us "I am the resurrection and the life" (John 11:25a)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Oct 19

@thinkofone said
And that is our abiding in Him, our knowing Him that we get set free from sin.

Like usual what Jesus explicitly states holds no meaning for you ...[text shortened]... ven cherry picked version of scripture above the words spoken by Jesus while He preached His gospel.
I tell you what I frankly don’t care what you think about me, and as long as you keep making me the target of your posts don’t look for a response.

T

Moves
01 Oct 19
2 edits

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

I see.

Would that you really did see.

In your mind abiding in Jesus' word should not be done via Jesus'

Precisely the OPPOSITE.

Ie. " Paul I don't trust. None of the apostles I trust. They haven't even read Soren Kierkegaard. "

[quote]
word. Instead abiding in Jesus' word should be done via the word of ...[text shortened]... t.
You don't trust Him when He tells us "I am the resurrection and the life" (John 11:25a)
In jaywill's mind it makes more sense to abide in Jesus' word via the word of "the pioneering Paul" instead of via Jesus' word.

Evidently Jesus didn't have the benefit of jaywill's counsel:
John 18
For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”
John 5
25“Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live
John 10
27“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

T

Moves
01 Oct 19
4 edits

@kellyjay said
I tell you what I frankly don’t care what you think about me, and as long as you keep making me the target of your posts don’t look for a response.
But you making me the target of YOUR posts. Well, that's fine and dandy.

If you paid attention. you'd realize that for the most part I was reflecting the words you directed at me, back at you.

Not surprised that you took such a blatantly hypocritical stance as a way to avoid addressing the following:

KJ: And that is our abiding in Him, our knowing Him that we get set free from sin.

ToO: According to the words of Jesus, it is those who "abide in [His]" word" that get set free from sin:

I tell you what I frankly don’t care what you think about me, and as long as you keep making me the target of your posts don’t look for a response

If you truly didn't care what I think about you, you wouldn't petulantly refuse to respond. Obviously you do care. Why lie about it? For someone who seems to like to think that you have received the "spirit of truth", you certainly have a poor relationship with truth.