Who is the bigger blasphemer?

Who is the bigger blasphemer?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Apr 15
4 edits

Is it me, who claims that the god put forward by Bible literalists isn't just irrational, but is completely and totally daft?

or is it the fundamentalist theist, who claims that there exists a god that really *is* as daft as they claim!?

Can you imagine some god cringing up there in the clouds as people tell tales about all the "clever" things he's done!? I imagine he'd be goddamn furious ...

"fk'in convincing everyone that I sent myself to die for the debt I myself levied, for a situation I caused to happen!??? 😠 That I screwed up and the best I could think of was to flood the entire earth to make things right again!???... That I am

sorry Suzianne
A-ok with people thinking I concurred with Moses' estimate of the age of the earth??? 😠 😠 I create the entire universe and bestow upon you the opportunity to savour all that I have created!?? and THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME!!??? by making everyone think I'm an idiot!!??? 😠 😠 😠 😠 RAGGGGHHHHH"

Maryland

Moves
03 Apr 15

Blasphemy is a victimless crime!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Apr 15

Originally posted by 667joe
I'm not so sure about that ... see, if I was God, I can tell you now there'd be a couple of million bolts of lightning with RJHind's name written all over them!

Hmmm . . .

Moves
03 Apr 15

Originally posted by Agerg
Is it me, who claims that the god put forward by Bible literalists isn't just irrational, but is completely and totally daft?

or is it the fundamentalist theist, who claims that there exists a god that really *is* as daft as they claim!?

Can you imagine some god cringing up there in the clouds as people tell tales about all the "clever" things he's don ...[text shortened]... HIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME!!??? by making everyone think I'm an idiot!!??? 😠 😠 😠 😠 RAGGGGHHHHH"
Here is one rabbi’s response:

“Every definition of God leads to heresy; definition is spiritual idolatry. Even attributing mind and will to God, even attributing divinity itself, and the name ‘God’—these, too, are definitions. Were it not for the subtle awareness that all these are just sparkling flashes of that which transcends definition—these, too, would engender heresy. ...

“The greatest impediment to the human spirit results from the fact that the conception of God is fixed in a particular form, due to childish habit and imagination. This is a spark of the defect of idolatry, of which we must always be aware. ...

“The infinite transcends every particular content of faith.”

—Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook, quoted in Daniel Matt The Essential Kabbalah.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by vistesd
Here is one rabbi’s response:

“Every definition of God leads to heresy; definition is spiritual idolatry. Even attributing mind and will to God, even attributing divinity itself, and the name ‘God’—these, too, are definitions. Were it not for the subtle awareness that all these are just sparkling flashes of that which transcends definition—these, too, wou ...[text shortened]... of faith.”

—Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook, quoted in Daniel Matt The Essential Kabbalah.
Hello again vistesd.

Can't say I can find much fault with that to be honest. Indeed, the moment you start applying definitions, attributes, and traits to some god you are merely shackling it to the walls of your own imagination.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
03 Apr 15

Hello again vistesd.

Can't say I can find much fault with that to be honest. Indeed, the moment you start applying definitions, attributes, and traits to some god you are merely shackling it to the walls of your own imagination.
Nice to read your stuff again, Agerg. Hope you are well.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Apr 15

I'm not so sure about that ... see, if I was God, I can tell you now there'd be a couple of million bolts of lightning with RJHind's name written all over them!
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

(Matthew 5:11-12 NASB)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Apr 15

Can you imagine some god cringing up there in the clouds as people tell tales about all the "clever" things he's don ...[text shortened]... HIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME!!??? by making everyone think I'm an idiot!!??? 😠 😠 😠 😠 RAGGGGHHHHH"
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

(1 Corinthians 1:18 NKJV)

😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Apr 15

How many times do I have to say it before you finally get it that Moses NEVER ESTIMATED THE AGE OF THE EARTH???

I mean, damn, I've heard of being thick, but this lends new meaning to the word.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Apr 15

Originally posted by 667joe
Now that is just one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard.

Maryland

Moves
03 Apr 15

You have just confirmed that you believe in fantasy! I have a bridge in Brooklyn I will sell you cheap!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Apr 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
How many times do I have to say it before you finally get it that Moses NEVER ESTIMATED THE AGE OF THE EARTH???

I mean, damn, I've heard of being thick, but this lends new meaning to the word.
Ah yes ... my bad. He didn't estimate the universe was a few thousand years old - God told him so
Your words, essentially, in a different thread
!

That's even worse, I mean ... if he'd signed off on an estimate we could just say wasn't giving it his full attention. But to actually say he uttered this himself - wow, how embarrassing for him!!! 😵

If I was God there'd be a bout of smallpox and a bolt of lightning or two coming your way pretty soon!!

Z

Moves
03 Apr 15

would you care if your dog bad mouths you to other dogs?

Maryland

Moves
03 Apr 15

It's a good thing, with all your wisdom, that you are not god!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Apr 15
3 edits

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
would you care if your dog bad mouths you to other dogs?
Well if I was able to speak dog, and I created the entire universe, and I wanted dogs to tell tales about how awesome I was, and worship me, and so on and so forth ... and instead they all walked around with the passionate belief that I routinely do stuff that is thicker than the least of them. Then yeah ... I'd be pretty damned p!ssed at the dog that made a laughing stock out of me, and those perpetuating it (it'll be poodles I'll wager ... can't trust any of them!)