who are the 144,000?

who are the 144,000?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
22 Aug 09

Originally posted by galveston75
All pictures that your churches have show 3 heads...
Not mine.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
22 Aug 09

All pictures that your churches have show 3 heads...
I just looked up gullible in the dictionary and all it had was a picture of you there.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by duecer
I just looked up gullible in the dictionary and all it had was a picture of you there.
Now your really showing how silly you are. You sound like a teenager...grow up.

j

Moves
22 Aug 09

Final thought on the Trinity:
It is not in the Bible.
The word Trinity is not in the Bible.
It was not taught or mentioned in any way "once" by Jesus or any of the apostles.
It was introduced into the Cathloic religion 400 years after Jesus died. It has very pagan origins.

The New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967 Vol. 14 page 299 says: "The formulat ...[text shortened]... Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective."
Forget the word "trinity".

Is the Lord the Spirit or not ?

If the Lord is not the Spirit then why does Second Corinthians 3:17 say "Now the Lord is the Spirit"?

Forget the word "trinity". Deal with the facts of Scripture.

A "Yes, the Lord is the Spirit" or a "No, the Lord is NOT the Spirit" will suffice.

rc

Moves
22 Aug 09
2 edits

this has been answered comprehensively in another post, yet you persist to assert something else, and you wonder why we are reticent to discuss the trinity. What a complete and utter waste of time, energy and resources. You believe what you want Jaywill, but i would not expect others who are not indoctrinated into the mysteries of the trinity to follow suit. It really does appear to be nonsense, and i mean that in sincerity.

j

Moves
22 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
this has been answered comprehensively in another post, yet you persist to assert something else, and you wonder why we are reticent to discuss the trinity. What a complete and utter waste of time, energy and resources. You believe what you want Jaywill, but i would not expect others who are not indoctrinated into the mysteries of the trinity to follow suit. It really does appear to be nonsense, and i mean that in sincerity.
If you are refering to your massive cut and paste, I did not even read the entire lengthy document.

I also can go grab rems of paragraphs from somewhere, cut them out, and paste them in as "discussion".

rc

Moves
22 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
If you are refering to your massive cut and paste, I did not even read the entire lengthy document.

I also can go grab rems of paragraphs from somewhere, cut them out, and paste them in as "discussion".
well it is no surprise that you remain in your ignorance.

j

Moves
22 Aug 09

well it is no surprise that you remain in your ignorance.
It is no surprise that the simple question posed about Second Corinthian 3:17 you will not answer.

Is the Lord the Spirit according to 2 Cor. 3:17 or is that an error on the part of the New Testament ?

rc

Moves
22 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
It is no surprise that the simple question posed about [b]Second Corinthian 3:17 you will not answer.

Is the Lord the Spirit according to 2 Cor. 3:17 or is that an error on the part of the New Testament ?[/b]
for the second time it has been comprehensibly covered, if you have not taken the time to read what i posted then i will not give you the answer a second time either, you remain in your ignorance as before.

j

Moves
22 Aug 09
4 edits

for the second time it has been comprehensibly covered, if you have not taken the time to read what i posted then i will not give you the answer a second time either, you remain in your ignorance as before.
I did notice that you changed "Lord" to Jehovah in your discussion. Maybe that is what your NWT says.

The answer is yes. Now the Lord is the Spirit.

The Lord there is the Lord Jesus Christ, (2 Cor. 1:2)

Second Cor. 4:14 - "Knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus ..."

"we ... preach .... Christ Jesus as Lord" (2 Cor. 4:5)

And the Spirit Whom the Lord is is the Spirit of the New Covenant, the Spirit Who gives divine life - " ... ministers not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." (2 Cor. 3:6)

That is "the Spirit of the living God" (verse 3)

So the New Testament says that Jesus Christ is the Spirit of the living God.

j

Moves
22 Aug 09

Forget about the word "trinity".

Pay attention to the facts of Scripture.

Is or is not Jesus Christ the Spirit of the living God ?

rc

Moves
22 Aug 09
1 edit

thakyou Jaywill you have confirmed what i already knew, in what a complete and utter waste of time it is discussing the trinity. i will discuss it no further, if anyone else wants to learn what the holy spirit is, i have posted a comprehensive text on the matter. thakyou but i have better things to do with my time.

j

Moves
22 Aug 09
1 edit

thakyou Jaywill you have confirmed what i already knew, in what a complete and utter waste of time it is discussing the trinity. i will discuss it no further, if anyone else wants to learn what the holy spirit is, i have posted a comprehensive text on the matter. thakyou but i have better things to do with my time.
==================================
hakyou Jaywill you have confirmed what i already knew, in what a complete and utter waste of time it is discussing the trinity. i will discuss it no further, if anyone else wants to learn what the holy spirit is, i have posted a comprehensive text on the matter. thakyou but i have better things to do with my time.
===================================

Go do better things. I am not posting just for you.

Come and argue with me Watchtower.

You don't want to call this "trinity" call it "boobalady". It is the facts that are important.

So Robbie seems to admit that Jesus Christ is the Spirit of the living God. This Spirit "gives life".

So it is understandable that He is called " ... a life giving Spirit":

" the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor .15:45)

I wonder what the Jehovah's Witnesses understanding of this "life giving" is. I think that they only regard this as the life giving of physical resurrection.

This is very shallow if they do. This is the life giving of the life given when one is born anew, born again, regenerated by receiving Jesus Christ into their heart.

He does not wait to only give life on the day of resurrection. The life giving Spirit (who is Jesus Christ) GIVES LIFE to moment you open up and confess that you are a hopeless sinner and receive Jesus into your being.

For Jesus to give life really means that He gives you Jehovah. He installs Jehovah into your very being,

I said that Jesus Christ, the life giving Spirit (1 Cor. 15:45) GIVES GOD. It is the giving of God which IS the giving of eternal life.

Jehovah's Witnesses know nothing about this. They only know about a Creator, Almighty Jehovah who will be a great King over the earth. They should believe that and ALSO believe that the life giving Spirit installs this Divine King Jehovah INTO OUR BEING.

Have you let Jesus put God into your being ?

rc

Moves
22 Aug 09
1 edit

nor will i engage in a mud slinging contest, sorry, have a pleasant day!

j

Moves
22 Aug 09

============================
================================

There has been no "mud slinging" from my end. And this sounds like an excuse of a false accusation.

Empty posturing. Goodbye now.