Where does God come from?

Where does God come from?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
I would not be too quick to speak about being brainwashed if I were you...

I know it is easier to dismiss the idea that God exists without any thought whatsoever. Besides, then you can do what you want to. You can be your own boss. But believe me, the day you die and realise that you were wrong you will kick yourself throughout eternity for rejecting God.

Last question: Do you even know what a cult is?
I would not be too quick to speak about being brainwashed if I were you...

ah, the old "I know you are, but what am I?" defense. That's super.

and realise that you were wrong you will kick yourself throughout eternity for rejecting God.

Yes, yes, I'll burn in Hell for Eternity for Rejecting the Salvation of Jesus, The Lord Loves Me But I Heard Him Not, yadda yadda yadda. Thanks for coming out.

Last question: Do you even know what a cult is?

Yes, I do, and your comic-book interpretation of your religion is a Cult. Why don't you tell me why you think I am wrong?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
31 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by dj2becker
If God is defined as that which does not have a beginning (among other characteristics) then there is no reason to believe he exists.

No. That simply means He is eternal.

As God is supposedly something, he cannot have come from nothing according to your basic truth.

That is exactly why He is eternal.

Or there was an infintely l d is eternal?

[b]Not necessarily.

So you are saying that nothing can create something?[/b]
No.

I'm glad you agree. Or were you disagreeing? Your response was very unclear.

How would this be more credible than saying God is eternal?

Because it assumes far less than the idea that the Christian God is eternal and created everything. It's no more credible than the statement that some eternal first cause started everything if you don't assume any particular characteristics of the first cause. If you generalize to that extent both are equally likely.

So you are saying that nothing can create something?

No. I am saying that something that always existed may have had nothing to do with everything else. There's no reason to assume that because something always existed it had anything to do with what caused everything else.