What the Bible realy teaches

What the Bible realy teaches

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I think I am more well known for posing awkward questions to the sorts of people who like to dodge and deflect by calling me a troll. 🙂
So you are not a troll, you are simply a legendary inquisitor general? What do you do with these internet heretics, once you find them inquisitor general? Do you pose awkward questions to make them feel good about themselves?

F

Moves
20 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
People become witnesses after a period of study which does not take place on a doorstep, I did not say that i have not helped anyone embrace the Bible truth, I stated that it did not take place on a doorstep as you have rather clumsily assumed, because thats all you have, assumption, lacking both experience and knowledge.
As a matter of interest, how many people have you helped turn into witnesses "after a period of study which does not take place on a doorstep"? And, in that context - forgive me having to raise the question you dodged again - what encouragement or gravitas is added to the process by your organisation's assertion that only its members will survive the End Times?

rc

Moves
20 Apr 13
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
As a matter of interest, how many people have you helped turn into witnesses "after a period of study which does not take place on a doorstep"? And, in that context - forgive me having to raise the question you dodged again - what encouragement or gravitas is added to the process by your organisation's assertion that only its members will survive the End Times?
I have helped tens of persons, in fact as a whole we conduct in excess of hundreds of thousands of Bible studies worldwide every year and secondly as i outlined to PK, those who will survive the tribulation are those who are evangelising after the manner of Christ and the apostles, those calling upon Gods name and those who have submitted to Gods sovereignty, if you can think of any other organisation other than us, who are doing those things, then please let the forum know, if you will not or cannot then you will tell us why we cannot claim that we are the only organisation who will survive the great tribulation, for each of these elements can be established Biblically and are not the product of our organisation as you have once again rather ignorantly assumed.

Can you offer a Biblical refutation, I challenge publicly to do so and rather somewhat hypocritically you have failed to answer a whole host of questions, those being how does it make you feel that you are a legendary inquisitor general, some would say a troll, and how do you think it makes other people feel when you ask them awkward questions?

I am interested in what you get out of asking people awkward questions? Do you ask people awkward questions face to face or is it within the relative safety behind a
PC on the internet that you feel emboldened or that usual social etiquette does not really apply?

F

Moves
20 Apr 13

...how does it make you feel that you are a legendary inquisitor general, some would say a troll, and how to you think it makes other people feel when you ask them awkward questions?
I have moved discussion of you calling me a troll over and over and over again to here Thread 152500 where I think it belongs.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
I have moved discussion of you calling me a troll over and over and over again to here Thread 152500 where I think it belongs.
It is not only I who think you are a troll, I did read it somewhere else. Legendary troll was the actual term.

F

Moves
20 Apr 13

It is not only I who think you are a troll, I did read it somewhere else. Legendary troll was the actual term.
I have answered this on the "robbie carrobie" thread where I think discussion about you calling me a troll fits in better.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I have answered this on the "robbie carrobie" thread where I think discussion about you calling me a troll fits in better.
but the title of that thread is robbie carrobie, not FMF legendary troll or humble internet inquisitor general.

F

Moves
20 Apr 13

I have helped tens of persons, in fact as a whole we conduct in excess of hundreds of thousands of Bible studies worldwide every year and secondly as i outlined to PK, those who will survive the tribulation are those who are evangelising after the manner of Christ and the apostles, those calling upon Gods name and those who have submitted to Gods sov ...[text shortened]... y and are not the product of our organisation as you have once again rather ignorantly assumed.
From one of the Watchtower editions in 1989: "Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Does this assertion encourage people to join your organisation?

rc

Moves
20 Apr 13
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
From one of the Watchtower editions in 1989: "Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Does this assertion encourage people to join your organisation?
I have no idea whether it does or does not. I certainly have never used personal salvation as a pretext for encouraging persons to have a Bible study nor have I known any others to do so. Strange that you think it should, but then again, you have no knowledge of a public ministry nor any experience so what does one expect. Until you answer the questions that were put to you instead of dodging them, your posts remain hypocritical.

F

Moves
20 Apr 13

I have no idea whether it does or does not and until you answer the questions that were put to you instead of dodging them, your posts remain hypocritical.
As a matter of interest, do any speakers at your meetings ever say things like "Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil"?

I will leave it to Christians to discuss whether they agree that they will not survive the End Times unless they become members of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
We tend to start with the ABC of the Bible, you can go to jw.org and peruse the Bible based publications we study with people.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
As a matter of interest, do any speakers at your meetings ever say things like "Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil"?

I will leave it to C ...[text shortened]... they will not survive the End Times unless they become members of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Oh no, i have asked you to state why we cannot make the claim based on Biblical texts, are you now also hypocritically dodging questions that are put to you and shamelessly skulking away? As to your question, it has a Biblical basis and is backed with evidence of our work, refute it if you can, you have only been asked to do so, now twice.

F

Moves
20 Apr 13

Oh no, i have asked you to state why we cannot make the claim based on Biblical texts, are you now also hypocritically dodging questions that are put to you and shamelessly skulking away?
I am interested in the assertions that your organisation makes about itself, and in how sometimes you try to play them down, and sometimes you are forthright about them. Like I said, I will leave it to the non-Jehovah's Witnesses Christians here to discuss with you whether they agree with the assertion that they will not survive the End Times unless they become members of the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation. I will read the exchanges between you and them with interest.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
I am interested in the assertions that your organisation makes about itself, and in how sometimes you try to play them down, and sometimes you are forthright about them. Like I said, I will leave it to the non-Jehovah's Witnesses Christians here to discuss with you whether they agree with the assertion that they will not survive the End Times unless they become ...[text shortened]... ehovah's Witnesses organisation. I will read the exchanges between you and them with interest.
skulky skulk.

F

Moves
20 Apr 13

skulky skulk.
When I say, "I will read the exchanges between you and [non-Jehovah's Witnesses Christians here] with interest" I am assuming and hoping that your side of those discussions will reach greater and more interesting heights than things like "skulky skulk". 🙂