1. Joined
    05 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 09:44
    Many religions have a lot philosophical and spiritual theories. Most of them make sense, some can be debated about being correct.
    Personally I believe that the HARE KRISHNA Movement founded by A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada, which was founded in 1969 in New York City, the home of the most biggest criminal activities. Today millions and millions especially hippies, drugsters, gangsters, prostitutes and of course normal people are following his priciples. Prabhupada isn't existing in this material world today, though certainly he has left a permanent mark which people or devotees can follow.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 11:591 edit
    Originally posted by Gaurav1
    Many religions have a lot philosophical and spiritual theories. Most of them make sense, some can be debated about being correct.
    Most of them do not make sense. However they often sound nice and that is good enough for most people.
    Can you give one example of a major philosophical or spiritual theory from any religion that in your view 'makes sense'.
  3. Eternity
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 12:18
    your heart will guide you - no matter if you become muslim, christian, buddhist, atheist, satanist, hinduist - it's all the same - it's all a way of relating to what you can not understand - the jews will think they are my favoured people anyway - za-bah!

follow the impulses of your flesh and you will do just fine from my point of view - zi-bah!
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 12:40
    Originally posted by Gaurav1
    Personally I believe that the HARE KRISHNA Movement founded by A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada, which was founded in 1969 in New York City, the home of the most biggest criminal activities. Today millions and millions es ...[text shortened]... world today, though certainly he has left a permanent mark which people or devotees can follow.
    All religions are spiritually bankrupt to an equal degree. None of them is worth a farthing.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 20:59
    Originally posted by rwingett
    All religions are spiritually bankrupt to an equal degree. None of them is worth a farthing.
    Have you tried the Unitarian Universalists yet? Even you would be welcome there.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 21:38
    I had an idea: Google on "Cosmic Humanism" and see what happens ......... and guess what ? ..... I got 243.000 hits ...... Aaaaaargh ..... 😕
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 23:122 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Have you tried the Unitarian Universalists yet? Even you would be welcome there.
    here's something about the Unitarian church, 'tis a shame the other churches ain't like em.

Each person, because of her/his humanity inherently has dignity and worth.
    Each person seek his/her unique spiritual path, based upon their personal life experience, the use of reason and meditation, the findings of science and her/his fundamental beliefs concerning deity, humanity, and the rest of the universe.
    The prime function of a clergyperson and congregation is to help the individual members to grow spiritually.
    All the great religions of the world, and their sacred texts, have worth.
    There should be no barrier to membership, such as compulsory adherence to a creed.
    Their lives, their congregations and association are governed by the concepts of democracy, religious freedom and religious tolerance
    Much of their effort should be directed towards civil rights, achieving equality of treatment for everyone regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. They have played a major role in these battles for equal rights, in spite of their relatively small numbers
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Jul '06 01:44
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    here's something about the Unitarian church, 'tis a shame the other churches ain't like em.

Each person, because of her/his humanity inherently has dignity and worth.
    Each person seek his/her unique spiritual path, based upon their personal life experience, the use of reason and meditation, the findings of science and her/his fundamental beli ...[text shortened]... ed a major role in these battles for equal rights, in spite of their relatively small numbers
    Verily, verily , I do believe I this may be the path of salvation for Rwingett. Praise be to Thomas Jefferson.
  9. Cosmos
    Moves
    11 Jul '06 03:14
    "What religion is more spiritually correct?"

'WHICH religion is more spiritually correct?' is more gramatically correct.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jul '06 05:38
    Originally posted by howardgee
    "What religion is more spiritually correct?"

'is more grammatically correct' is more spelling-ish correct.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 00:38
    Sometimes I give a good farting to a religion. Does that mean I overpaid?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 02:23
    Religions serve a couple of purposes, one main one is cultural continuity and the other is cultural control, much the same thing. They are all designed to control people, most of them up front about wanting to control women. I hate the extremists who would strap a bomb on an 18 yo deluded twit with promises of virgins in heaven where the head Sikh or mullah or whatever would never in the entire span of time of the universe actually don a bomb laden vest themselves. These people are morally corrupt to say nothing of sado-masochistic sociopaths. I have yet to see a religion not founded on pure lies like the major ones told by christianity, where you are BORN with sin. Nice one that. Brilliant controlling ploy but controlling nonetheless. Or killing people over drawing a stupid cartoon of Mohammed or whatever. Can anyone tell me how this forwards the cause of spritual living?
  13. Joined
    10 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 20:32
    Well here's an interesting topic, I can say that I have gone though a few religions myself, from christianity, to buddisim, to wicca, to well, I call it pagan, but it is my own beliefs takeing what I believe to be true from the others and mixing them, and heck, I also used to believe in vampirism, still do kinda
  14. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 21:00
    Originally posted by ayamethesnake
    Well here's an interesting topic, I can say that I have gone though a few religions myself, from christianity, to buddisim, to wicca, to well, I call it pagan, but it is my own beliefs takeing what I believe to be true from the others and mixing them, and heck, I also used to believe in vampirism, still do kinda
    That's interesting. Which parts of vampirism do you endorse?
  15. Joined
    10 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 21:30
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    That's interesting. Which parts of vampirism do you endorse?
    Well i believe in the blood drinking and how one can aquire energy, also the transformation, as well as the form I believe in is closely relatd to catholosim, and I know I spelled that wrong, but we have to do a ritual every time we drink blood to tell god that we are sorry for what we did and to ask for forgiveness., and if you want to know anymore, just go ahead and ask

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree