1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 22:468 edits
    @secondson said
    You're only free if Jesus sets you free.

You can do nothing to save yourself.

Salvation is a gift, not a reward.
    Like all the other Christians who lack intellectual honesty on this forum, you've completely ignored the point:
    Those who have not ceased to commit sin (the wicked) are thrown "into the furnace of fire".
    Those who do not commit sin (the righteous) "to a resurrection of life".

This concept is completely alien to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. It is a concept that was introduced by those other than Jesus.

"If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine...".
    "...those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment".

His true disciples are those who "abide in [His] word" and "did the good deeds".

John 15
    8“My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. 9“Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 10“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Luke 6
    46“Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47“Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: 48he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. 49“But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”

How can you not understand what Jesus is saying?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 23:331 edit
    @secondson said
    Are you playing dumb? You've said you were a Christian for decades. I'm assuming you read the Bible, attended Bible studies and heard sermons. You must have learned what the gospel is.

"So what" if you take what you know about the Bible relative to salvation and compare it to the jumbled up nonsense Rajk is producing, and say something to him about it?

You won't becau ...[text shortened]... it's by design because nobody is that dumb. The very thing you, Rajk and divegeester are want to do.
    No. You are mistaken. I'm not playing dumb. In fact, I believe I am considerably more intelligent than you, more thoughtful and analytical, and more emotionally stable, and I believe I demonstrate more integrity in my posting than you do. So, if you harp on about these kinds of thing as "arguments" when responding to my posts, do it for other people's consumption; you're wasting your time if it's for my benefit.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 23:36
    @secondson said
    You've said you were a Christian for decades.
    Yes.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 00:02
    @fmf said
    No. You are mistaken. I'm not playing dumb. In fact, I believe I am considerably more intelligent than you, more thoughtful and analytical, and more emotionally stable, and I believe I demonstrate more integrity in my posting than you do. So, if you harp on about these kinds of thing as "arguments" when responding to my posts, do it for other people's consumption; you're wasting your time if it's for my benefit.
    'Considerably', is an understatement.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 00:03
    @thinkofone said
    Like all the other Christians who lack intellectual honesty on this forum, you've completely ignored the point:
    Those who have not ceased to commit sin (the wicked) are thrown "into the furnace of fire".
    Those who do not commit sin (the righteous) "to a resurrection of life".

This ...[text shortened]... ollapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”

How can you not understand what Jesus is saying?
    'Completely alien", Yet they believe it.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 05:13
    @secondson said
    As thick as your skull.
    If you are going to utilise old fashioned 1950s style classroom insults, then why don’t you just call me a homo or something with some real sting to it which will increase that little jizzy buzz you got when you made your post?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 05:475 edits
    ThinkOFOne repeats his basic philosophy.

This concept is completely alien to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. It is a concept that was introduced by those other than Jesus.

Imagine this being like ToO is in the crowd of 5,000 whom Jesus is feeding with miraculous encrease of bread.

Jesus distributes to His disciples and they eat. Then He tells them to pick up their scraps and fill baskets and distribute the miraculous increase to the crowd.

ThinkOfOne is like a person in the crowd who refuses to take what the disciples bring to him. He argues -

"No, you don't bring me this food. Jesus directly has to come to me and place a morsel of bread and fish into my hands. I will not accept any delegated responsibility from you twelve disciples. "

But then it doesn't stop there. ThinkOfOne has brought his own lunch. And this he begins to distribute to a few around him saying -

"Here, this food I have is what that Jesus is trying to provide to you. Don't trust those twelve disciples who are walking around pulling out of the baskets from the supposed miracle Jesus just did. Here, this food I brought along, take this! I am the authority really representing Jesus. I have the food Jesus wanted to give to you."

The imperfect illustration is meant to show ThinkOfOne's rejection of delegated authority and rejection of the Delegator as well. And he seeks to place HIMSELF as both in the office of the faithful delegated authorities as well as in the place of the Delegator.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 14:251 edit
    @secondson said
    You're only free if Jesus sets you free.

Here is Paul speaking to TImothy:

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. These things command and teach. Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. (1 Timothy 4:10-16 KJV)

Here is a summary:
    - God through Christ is the Saviour of ALL MEN especially believers, Notice he did not say 'ONLY believers'
    - Live righteously and do good works
    - By doing this you will SAVE YOURSELF AND THOSE WHO HEAR YOU.

Your doctrine of complacency and doing nothing is the road to damnation.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 15:591 edit
    @rajk999 said
    'Completely alien", Yet they believe it.
    Note how as usual neither secondson nor sonship have actually addressed the words of Jesus that I've cited in my posts. None of those guys ever do. Instead they talk around them and/or resort to ad homs, red herrings and other forms of deceit.

Evidently in order to "believe it", they must cast a BLIND eye to those words of Jesus and many of His other words as well.

Luke 6
    39And He also spoke a parable to them: “A blind man cannot guide a blind man, can he? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40“A pupil is not above his teacher; but everyone, after he has been fully trained, will be like his teacher.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree