1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 02:38
    Understanding of simple biblical principles.

For example: does Rajk know the difference between mercy and grace?

Rajk claims he knows the Bible. Brags about it too. I wonder if he is up to the challenge of answering the question?

Of course Rajk can google up an answer or look up the terms in a dictionary, but I wonder if he knows the difference between grace and mercy relative to scripture.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 05:28
    @secondson said

Rajk claims he knows the Bible. Brags about it too. I wonder if he is up to the challenge of answering the question?

Of course Rajk can google up an answer or look up the terms in a dictionary, but I wonder if he knows the difference between grace and mercy relative to scripture.
    Show him your spiritual muscles tough guy.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 08:41
    @secondson said

I have been out of church too long. Must be about 30 years now. You church people have added more nonsense to your doctrine.

You are getting like Cheney3. If you want to start a thread post something of substance. Quote a couple bible passages which contradict what I say and give your opinion. Then there is something to discuss.

As it stands your post is devoid of substance.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 14:031 edit
    @secondson said

You racked up 6 thumbs-down in a few hours.
    Are you competing with Dasa ?
    Lol.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 00:18
    @rajk999 said
    I have been out of church too long. Must be about 30 years now. You church people have added more nonsense to your doctrine.

You are getting like Cheney3. If you want to start a thread post something of substance. Quote a couple bible passages which contradict what I say and give your opinion. Then there is something to discuss.

As it stands your post is devoid of substance.
    Rajk has avoided my Genesis thread because he is afraid of what it implies.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 01:01
    @chaney3 said
    Rajk has avoided my Genesis thread because he is afraid of what it implies.
    To be honest I did not read that thread. I have reached the point of ignoring threads that you start. I think a lot of readers do that.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 01:03
    @rajk999 said
    To be honest I did not read that thread. I have reached the point of ignoring threads that you start. I think a lot of readers do that.
    Fine, cowardice noted.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 18:251 edit
    @secondson said

Secondson where are you?

13 thumbs down in 36 hrs.
    Must be some kind of record.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 00:223 edits
    @SecondSon

The very first of the beatitudes is to be "poor in spirit."

"And opening His mouth, He taught them, saying,
    Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of the heavens." (Matt. 5:2,3)

He is not "poor in spirit". He is rich, self -sufficient. He is not in need of anyone even the Savior Jesus. He is doing quite well with his "riches".

He boasts of not being in any congregation for years - a radical loner, individualistically isolated and "rich" in all his so-called knowledge.

The blessedness of owning the kingdom of the heavens alludes him because he is so rich in himself already.

FIRST - to see the kingdom of God Jesus said we must be poor in spirit - realizing our shortage, sensing our need, reaching out for God's ear and presence in our heart.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 00:25
    But Mary said the rich He has sent away empty.

Luke 1:53

New King James Version
    He has filled the hungry with good things, And the rich He has sent away empty.

King James Bible
    He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 01:00
    @sonship said
    @SecondSon

The very first of the beatitudes is to be "poor in spirit."

"And opening His mouth, He taught them, saying,
    Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of the heavens." (Matt. 5:2,3)

He is not "poor in spirit". He is rich, self -sufficient. He is not in need of anyone even the Savior Jesus. He is doing quite well ...[text shortened]... it - realizing our shortage, sensing our need, reaching out for God's ear and presence in our heart.
    Whatever. Do you have a comment relevant to the opening post started by SS ? Apparently he got cold feet. Care to take over from him? I would love to have a discussion on 'Grace and Mercy'. Lets do it.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 11:282 edits
    @Rajk999

I have been out of church too long. Must be about 30 years now.

In other words you have a CUSTOM of forsaking the assembling of Christians together in any regard.

Contrary to Hebrws 10 which you love to refer to, you've missed one of its central points.

And let us consider one another so as to incte one another to love and good works.

Not abandoning our own assembling together, as the custom with some is, but exhorting one another; and so much the more as you see the day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:24,25)

It seems you like verse 26 about sinning willfully, yet ignore the context of the sin of forsaking as a custom all gathering together to serve God together as an assembly.

Did you ever cry out and ask Jesus to blend in with some other Christians ?
    You should as you see the day drawing closer for His return.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 13:19
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

I have been out of church too long. Must be about 30 years now.

In other words you have a CUSTOM of forsaking the assembling of Christians together in any regard.

Contrary to Hebrws 10 which you love to refer to, you've missed one of its central points.

[quote]And let us consider one another so as to incte one another to love and g ...[text shortened]... blend in with some other Christians ?
    You should as you see the day drawing closer for His return.
    Forget the personal remarks. What about the grace and mercy discussion?
    You scared ?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 13:592 edits
    @Rajk999

Forget the personal remarks. What about the grace and mercy discussion?
    You scared ?

Forget personal remarks except when YOU launch them.

I doubt there is a person here who cannot smell the stench of your hypocrisy.

You and KJ are both damn fools trying desperately to twist the teachings of Christ to fit your church nonsense.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 15:07
    @rajk999 said
    Secondson where are you?

13 thumbs down in 36 hrs.
    Must be some kind of record.
    I believe sonship once beat that record with a flippant post about suicide, which apparently Jesus had made obsolete.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree