What is DNA?

What is DNA?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jun 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Richard Dawkins? You got to be kidding me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZSqF95gW2Y
I threw that one in just to tick you off.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
I threw that one in just to tick you off.
DNA science proves that the Bible is right.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jul 15

DNA science proves that the Bible is right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAnWoy4u6tg
Right, another video. That MUST make it true.

NOT.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 15

Right, another video. That MUST make it true.

NOT.
Why NOT?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jul 15

DNA Proves Evolutionary Theory is Wrong!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jul 15

THE EVOLUTIONIST'S WORST NIGHTMARE (DNA)

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jul 15

THE EVOLUTIONIST'S WORST NIGHTMARE (DNA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tyVVlRw6hU
Does the link have footage of you dressed as an ape?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Jul 15

Why NOT?
Because you are nothing but a self lobotomized troll. BTW, how long have you posted as Phinds in physorg?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 15
2 edits

Because you are nothing but a self lobotomized troll. BTW, how long have you posted as Phinds in physorg?
The "P" stands for "Professor" since professors and assistant professors are on physorg, right? 😏

The following seems like evidence of intelligent design to me.
Cellular metabolic byproducts, chemicals, and radiation such as sunlight continually damage our DNA. Damaged DNA disturbs cellular function and can cause ageing. Moreover, permanent changes in the genetic code (i.e. mutations) can arise when the DNA duplicates before the error is repaired. Mutations may result in cancer. Fortunately, most lesions are quickly repaired by the cell's repair proteins. In addition, the cell turns on a DNA damage alarm when it detects DNA lesions.

The alarm sets a variety of processes in motion. For instance, it temporarily stops DNA duplication and cell division, preventing errors from being passed on to daughter cells. But DNA damage does not only affect DNA duplication, it also has a great impact on gene transcription (the process that copies DNA into RNA, which is necessary for gene expression). The enzyme that carries out transcription halts when it encounters a UV-induced DNA lesion. Dr Maria Tresini: "Until now, it was unknown whether these transcription problems also trigger the DNA damage response. We discovered that this is indeed the case."

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-06-dna-alarm.html#jCp

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jul 15

The "P" stands for "Professor" since professors and assistant professors are on physorg, right? 😏

[b]The following seems like evidence of intelligent design to me.

Cellular metabolic byproducts, chemicals, and radiation such as sunlight continually damage our DNA. Damaged DNA disturbs cellular function and can cause ageing. Moreover, permanen ...[text shortened]... s is indeed the case."

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-06-dna-alarm.html#jCp[/b]
And your point is?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Does the link have footage of you dressed as an ape?
Check it out and see for yourself.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jul 15
1 edit

And your point is?
The point is that the very existence of a DNA damage alarm that detects DNA lesions and temporarily stops DNA duplication and cell division, preventing errors from being passed on to daughter cells is enough evidence of design for most people.

However, now they have discovered that it also halts a protein enzyme that carries out transcription of DNA into RNA to give time for the cell's repair proteins to quickly repair the lesion.

This combination programming, without even considering the full DNA programming, should be enough evidence for a reasonable person to see that this DNA damage alarm was intelligently designed for that purpose. Also the protein enzymes that do the repair and the protein enzyme that does the transcription of DNA into RNA must have each been designed for their specific purpose just like the DNA damage alarm.
This is clear evidence to me of DNA programming and intelligent design by a superior programmer and designer.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jul 15

The point is that the very existence of a [b]DNA damage alarm that detects DNA lesions and temporarily stops DNA duplication and cell division, preventing errors from being passed on to daughter cells is enough evidence of design for most people.

However, now they have discovered that it also halts a protein enzyme that carries out transcription of DN ...[text shortened]... e to me of DNA programming and intelligent design by a superior programmer and designer.[/quote][/b]
So you validate your deity based on DNA feedback. Grasping for straws again.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jul 15

So you validate your deity based on DNA feedback. Grasping for straws again.
Grasping the truth again. 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jul 15

Grasping the truth again. 😏
Luckily, there are less and less of your kind of assshole as each year that goes by. In 100 years there will be so few of you, there will not even be a glimmer of hope of making laws suppressing science.