What happens when you die

What happens when you die

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
24 Sep 10

Im just asking, learning the opinions of my fellow chess players. I believe in Heaven and Hell. I also realize that not everyone agrees with me. So what are your thoughts. I not here to debate or defend my beliefs, just good ol' curiousity.

T

ALG

Moves
24 Sep 10

I believe you won't notice the difference.

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
24 Sep 10

Originally posted by realeyez
Im just asking, learning the opinions of my fellow chess players. I believe in Heaven and Hell. I also realize that not everyone agrees with me. So what are your thoughts. I not here to debate or defend my beliefs, just good ol' curiousity.
What happens when your dog dies?

d

Moves
24 Sep 10

In Ontario, if you die without a last will and testament and are survived by a spouse and children, your assets are divided as follows: the first $200,000 goes to your spouse with the remaining 1/3 balance to spouse and 2/3 of the balance to your children.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Sep 10

Originally posted by Green Paladin
What happens when your dog dies?
Very sharp! I will thank you, my Green Knight, with two:

-- “It is said that all voices are the voices of the Buddha. Is it true or not, master Tosu?”, asked the monk.
-- “It is true”, related Tosu.
-- “Master don’t fart around so loudly”, answered the monk and Tosu hit him on the spot.
-- “It is said that rough words and gentle phrases return to the first principle. Is it true or not, master Tosu?”, went on the monk.
-- “It is true”, said Tosu.
-- “May I call you, Master, a donkey?”
Tosu hit him again
😵

...And the flip side:

-- “The phenomenal body perishes. What is the Dharma-body that remains solid, master Dairyu?”, asked the monk.
-- “The autumn foliage of the mountains spreads like brocade; the water in the valley remains blue as indigo”, replied Dairyu
😵

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Sep 10

Hi

You said what happens when YOU die, ok the you thats mentioned is a spiritual being, in a material body, having a human experience.

So when your body dies (because the soul that you are, cant) and accordingto your karma, you will take another birth anywhere in this universe

Religion or spiritual life is meant to raise your consciousness to the level of Love of God, which qualifies you to enter the spiritual world where you never experience birth or death again.

The Vedanta teachings are a wonderfull place to start with your spiritual life.

Google Srimad Bhagavatam by Srila Prabhupada

vishva

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
24 Sep 10

Originally posted by black beetle
Very sharp! I will thank you, my Green Knight, with two:

-- “It is said that all voices are the voices of the Buddha. Is it true or not, master Tosu?”, asked the monk.
-- “It is true”, related Tosu.
-- “Master don’t fart around so loudly”, answered the monk and Tosu hit him on the spot.
-- “It is said that rough words and gentle phrases return to ...[text shortened]... ntains spreads like brocade; the water in the valley remains blue as indigo”, replied Dairyu
😵
I bow.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Sep 10

There is a great release when you die and depending on what karma you have left will determine what sort of experiences (material and spiritual) you will have to go through to address your karma and move closer to nirvana.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Sep 10

Originally posted by Green Paladin
I bow.
I bow too; namasteji😵

u
Sharp Edge

Dulling my blade

Moves
24 Sep 10

I don't know. But I think it's a distracting thought from what we should be doing alive and in the present.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Sep 10

Originally posted by ua41
I don't know. But I think it's a distracting thought from what we should be doing alive and in the present.
Yes, do your best whilst you live herenow and step in bravely to the places the circumstances lead you; with the ones you like you may discuss whatever you please; and treat politely and make happy whoever has a point different than yours;

And may you avoid the petty quarrels for they are not compatible to your spirit
😵

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Sep 10

No one really dies.

L

Moves
24 Sep 10

Cessation of your existence.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Sep 10

Nobody knows.

AH

Moves
24 Sep 10

When we die, we cease to exist (mentally). We generally either become worm-meat or ash depending on body disposal. Don’t like it but the truth is the truth.
And would not want to delude myself (even if I could which I cannot ) into believing I will have an afterlife because I would regard that as intrinsically horrifically harmful no matter how pleasant the delusion!