What did the canaanites do actuall?

What did the canaanites do actuall?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Jul 15

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
you stated numerous times that you believe the genocides of the OT took place and they were morally justified.

"Haven't you people ever been to Sunday school?"
no, i had better things to do. like anything else
1. Yes, and that is mainstream Christian belief.

2. No wonder you lean to your own understanding, and fall far short.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Jul 15

Originally posted by Agerg
Yeah, the notion that there is going to be a big old battle between the demons of hell, and the angels of heaven on the plains of Megido, with the rest of us humans taking our sides and joining in ... isn't fringe at all!! 😵
Actually, it's not. It is mainstream Christian belief, for those who believe the Bible.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
11 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Actually, it's not. It is mainstream Christian belief, for those who believe the Bible.
I.e. it is mainstream Christian belief for those who happen to be, ahem ... True Christians™ !??

As I understand it, most moderate Christians don't sign up to this particular brand of crazy.

Z

Moves
11 Jul 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
The Canaanites were responsible for all kinds of evil, like the nephelim, which were also among them. They practiced bestiality, sacrificing children to idols, all kinds of lude behavior. They were demon possessed, even the animals, children, etc.
The demonic spirits could not be easily cast out, none of what Jesus gave us in the spirit was available th ...[text shortened]... over to people who won't listen anyway? I do it because it is in my nature to speak God's word.
"The Canaanites were responsible for all kinds of evil, like the nephelim,"
the nephilim were supposedly destroyed in the flood. don't you have anyone else to blame evil on?

"They practiced bestiality"
when an israelite boinked an animal, he was killed. this is a horrible, idiotic punishment anyway, but the point is, you didn't destroy the whole tribe because someone was in love with a goat.

" sacrificing children to idols"
you have proof for this?

"all kinds of lude behavior"
israelites raped prisoners of war. had sex slaves. you mean like that?

"The demonic spirits could not be easily cast out, none of what Jesus gave us in the spirit was available then. "
they were simply low quality humans. what was done with the israelites couldn't have possibly been done with the canaanites

"There was no one with authority over demons"
except god

"If this continued, the whole human race would have become extinct."
one small nation could have doomed the whole earth, please go on. tell me more

"There would not have been a virgin left to bring the Messiah."
yeh because virgins is a non renewable resource.

Z

Moves
11 Jul 15

1. Yes, and that is mainstream Christian belief.

2. No wonder you lean to your own understanding, and fall far short.
"Yes, and that is mainstream Christian belief."
mainstream christians are stupid then.

"No wonder you lean to your own understanding, and fall far short"
yes, i should lean towards your pre-approved understanding.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jul 15

Originally posted by Agerg
I.e. it is mainstream Christian belief for those who happen to be, ahem ... True Christians™ !??

As I understand it, most moderate Christians don't sign up to this particular brand of crazy.
"Moderate Christians"... like Zahlanzi? Like Hinds? Like Divegeester?

There are plenty of "mainstream Christians" here. They just don't speak up on every topic.

Yes, "End Times" as I have presented it IS "mainstream" Christian thought.

Go read "The Late, Great Planet Earth". Everything I've talked about is in there.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jul 15

There are plenty of "mainstream Christians" here. They just don't speak up on every topic.

Go read "The Late, Great Planet Earth". Everything I've talked about is in there.
I am not sure if Hal Lindsey's interpretation is mainstream. I've had that book for many years, but have yet to be inspired by the Holy Spirit to read it. Do you think it is bad to be a moderate Christian?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
12 Jul 15

A book that is no doubt in the same scholarly echelon as fifty shades of gray I'll wager. No thanks Suzianne, I think I'll pass on that one.

Z

Moves
12 Jul 15

"Yes, "End Times" as I have presented it IS "mainstream" Christian thought."
and stupid.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
13 Jul 15

this curse was the cause. something that magically turned future generations descending from canaan more and more evil.

i am interested to know exactly what evil acts the canaanites did.
Wasn't one of the evil acts sacrificing their babies?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Jul 15

"Yes, "End Times" as I have presented it IS "mainstream" Christian thought."
and stupid.
"End Times" is not stupid and all astronomers that I am aware of believe in "End Times."

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
13 Jul 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
"End Times" is not stupid and all astronomers that I am aware of believe in "End Times."
"End Times" (quotes important here) is indeed a stupid idea ... it bears the official Harold Camping seal of stupidity ©.

You are aware only of the silly astronomers then!

Z

Moves
13 Jul 15

Originally posted by RBHILL
Wasn't one of the evil acts sacrificing their babies?
i would like some proof.

archaeologists found jars of burnt remains of babies and some christians jumped on this as "they be killing babies" when in fact, many civilizations cremated their dead and there was a high infant mortality rate due to diseases.

Z

Moves
13 Jul 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
you don't know astronomers then

Moves
13 Jul 15

Yes. Have you never read The Late, Great Planet Earth, by Hal Lindsey?
Maybe in whakville USA, but here in the civilised world you are a fundamentalist nutjob.