Westboro hit for $11 mil in damages

Westboro hit for $11 mil in damages

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
03 Nov 07
2 edits

Originally posted by SMSBear716
Did he destroy the rest of the world because of what was happening in Sodom?

Sodom was a city as I recall, not a country ..... God wants to destroy a city.. let him take out San Francisco or whatever town Westboro Baptist Church is located in... both are certainly an abomination in hios eyes
God wants to destroy a city.. let him take out San Francisco

The rest of us believe he is loving and caring.

Do you believe that your notion of God is coherent?

You are the biggest doofus this forum has seen in a long, long time, and that's no trivial feat. It might be your greatest accomplishment in life, so take pride.

S
Evil Conservative

Moves
03 Nov 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
You are so, so wrong. As a matter of fact, you're not even intelligent enough to be able to comprehend the premises I would present as a foundation of a demonstration of just how much more intelligent I am than you could ever conceive of being.

Instead, I'll give a watered-down sketch of the argument: You are a conservative American Christian from Texas who can't write worth a lick. Hence, you are stupid.
I see you can't prove your point so you turn to insults.... well that speaks volumes about your intelligence, and those that think like you.

S
Evil Conservative

Moves
03 Nov 07
1 edit

[b]God wants to destroy a city.. let him take out San Francisco

The rest of us believe he is loving and caring.

Do you believe that your notion of God is coherent?[/b]
God isn't loving and caring?

San Francisco has been called the modern day equivalent of Sodom... seems like a good target of opportunity for God's wrath ... long as he waits until the entire membership of the Westboro Baptist Church and Nancy Pelosi are there for a visit.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
03 Nov 07
1 edit

The one who destroyed Sodom, turned a woman to pillar of salt, drowned every living creature on the planet including all puppies and kittens but four, and turned Egypt's entire water supply to frog and locust infested blood? You tell me, Texas.

S
Evil Conservative

Moves
03 Nov 07

The one who destroyed Sodom, turned a woman to pillar of salt, drowned every living creature on the planet including all puppies and kittens but four, and turned Egypt's entire water supply to frog and locust infested blood? You tell me, Texas.
You point these out as proof that God is full of hate towards man?

and I'm the one who is mentally deficient?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
03 Nov 07
1 edit

You point these out as proof that God is full of hate towards man?

and I'm the one who is mentally deficient?
You are mentally deficient if you think that such actions are consistent with a perfectly loving and caring character.

And even if you don't, you are still mentally deficient.

S
Evil Conservative

Moves
03 Nov 07

You are mentally deficient if you think that such actions are consistent with a perfectly loving and caring character.

And even if you don't, you are still mentally deficient.
Can't give up on those insults can you.... perhaps its because you have nothing valid to say ....

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
03 Nov 07

Can't give up on those insults can you.... perhaps its because you have nothing valid to say ....
You probably have two kids who are just as ignorant as you and know the words to the Pledge of Allegiance.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
03 Nov 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
Practice away. There is a problem when political speech is restricted based on its content.

EDIT: The Phelps also relied on a "freedom of religious expression" argument:

The church members testified they are following their religious beliefs by spreading the message that soldiers are dying because America is too tolerant of homosexuality.

“Go ...[text shortened]... uneral of the kid that’s been blown to smithereens."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21566280/
The fact of the matter remains, content wasn't the issue for the family. Appropriateness, however, was. Is it appropriate to have protestors in the court room? If not, why not?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
04 Nov 07

San Francisco has been called the modern day equivalent of Sodom... seems like a good target of opportunity for God's wrath ... long as he waits until the entire membership of the Westboro Baptist Church and Nancy Pelosi are there for a visit.
Wow. The hatred some Americans have for their fellow citizens is truly sickening. You shame your country.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
04 Nov 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
We should all hope that this verdict is reversed on appeal. No matter how distasteful the Phelps' message is, it is protected speech.
Nah. They should be free to speak but they should be prepared to accept that they cause grave offence and that that they should pay restitution if they cause offence

S
Evil Conservative

Moves
04 Nov 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Wow. The hatred some Americans have for their fellow citizens is truly sickening. You shame your country.
Oh get over yourself ATY, you don't even believe in God. Hell, if you had your way we'd take the word God off US currency and out of the Pledge of Allegiance.

You shame yourself by appearing to be so outraged.

P

weedhopper

Moves
04 Nov 07

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Someone may have the right to come to my front door and insult me, but I have the right to kick him off my property. That's the problem with Westboro - it's not what they're saying, it's where they're saying it.
I concur. You have changed my mind on this issue. Rather than resort to courts, the family of the slain soldier should have simply grabbed Phelps, his wife and kids, and that other crazy woman with them, and beat the livin' s@#t out of 'em. That will stop this behavior even better than 11 milion dollar judegements.

N

The sky

Moves
04 Nov 07
1 edit

Oh get over yourself ATY, you don't even believe in God. Hell, if you had your way we'd take the word God off US currency and out of the Pledge of Allegiance.

You shame yourself by appearing to be so outraged.
Yes, taking the word God off US currency and out of the Pledge of Allegiance is clearly more outrageous than wiping out the entire populace of a city.

P

weedhopper

Moves
04 Nov 07

Of course I do. This is the 21st Century. With all that we know about the world, how could one not believe that there exists an extrauniversal omnibenevolent and omnipotent being who hates a nation granting homosexuals civil rights to such a degree that he causes its people to be killed in war in retribution? If you deny that, you must be s ...[text shortened]... that all those earthquakes in San Francisco are due to "plate tectonics" and "fault lines".
And did God send the bubonic plague to wipe out half of Europe in the 1300s, too? Why was that judgement passed? Because they were poor?