Were There Snakes, Spiders, and Insects on the Ark ?

Were There Snakes, Spiders, and Insects on the Ark ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
23 Nov 13

Few who are around today would have survived .

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Nov 13

Originally posted by caissad4
Why not?

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
23 Nov 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Why not?

The Instructor
The ark wouldn't be large enough.🙄

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Nov 13

Woodworm?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Nov 13

The ark wouldn't be large enough.🙄
How large would the ark have to be?

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
23 Nov 13

How large would the ark have to be?
The Instructor
To hold every type of snake, spider and insect I guess it would have to be pretty big. And you need to bring enough food for them to eat. 🙄🙄

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Nov 13
2 edits

To hold every type of snake, spider and insect I guess it would have to be pretty big. And you need to bring enough food for them to eat. 🙄🙄
There was never a requirement to bring every type on the Ark. The command was just for certain kinds. The dimensions of the Ark indicate it was pretty big.

God spells out to Noah the dimensions of the ark, 300 cubits by 50 by 30 – Using the longer "Egyptian royal cubit" of 529mm, this works out at 158.7m long by 26.45m wide by 15.87m high (520 feet 8 inches long by 86 feet 9.3 inches wide by 52 feet 0.8 inches high). If the 457.2mm (18" ) cubit is used, this works out at 137.16m long by 22.86m wide by 13.716m high (450 feet long by 75 feet wide by 45 feet high). The ark had three internal divisions (which are not actually called "decks", although presumably this is what is intended), a door in the side, and a sohar, which may be either a roof or a skylight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah's_Ark

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
23 Nov 13

There was never a requirement to bring every type on the Ark. The command was just for certain kinds. The dimensions of the Ark indicate it was pretty big.
The Instructor
But, but, if all types were not brought aboard then they would have to evolve. Garter snake becomes a boa constructor in just 5000 years. Certainly any creatures left outside the ark would have perished. Somehow that doesn't seem right. Please clarify which species of the snakes, spiders and insects were taken aboard. This could be important !

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Nov 13

But, but, if all types were not brought aboard then they would have to evolve. Garter snake becomes a boa constructor in just 5000 years. Certainly any creatures left outside the ark would have perished. Somehow that doesn't seem right. Please clarify which species of the snakes, spiders and insects were taken aboard. This could be important !
It is not spelled out. However, there must have been enough species to produce all the varieties we see today through reproduction. You may call that evolving, but I don't.

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
23 Nov 13

It is not spelled out. However, there must have been enough species to produce all the varieties we see today through reproduction. You may call that evolving, but I don't.
The Instructor
Wow. That sounds like magic ! I especially like how you don't let any facts get in the way of your imaginings. 🙄🙄🙄

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Nov 13

Wow. That sounds like magic ! I especially like how you don't let any facts get in the way of your imaginings. 🙄🙄🙄
Yeah. The real facts are always on the side of the truth.

The Instructor

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
23 Nov 13

This is a very silly thread........

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Nov 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Woodworm?
User 46058

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
24 Nov 13

Originally posted by Pianoman1
This is a very silly thread........
I am merely showing that there never was a "worldwide flood" 5000 years ago. Our world couldn't be the way it is today.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Nov 13

I am merely showing that there never was a "worldwide flood" 5000 years ago. Our world couldn't be the way it is today.
You have failed.

The Instructor