Vishvahetu & Animal killing

Vishvahetu & Animal killing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Once again:
Also you often make assumptions and attack those assumptions in your posts. Yet another thing you have in common with fundamentalist Christians. Here's a prime example: [b]I'm a vegetarian.

You're really kidding yourself if you think you answered my original question. Based on your earlier post, it would seem that you re ...[text shortened]... lore other flavors of Vedanta. Clearly the one you currently practice isn't working for you.[/b]
Get your focus, up above your navel, and speak sense.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Oct 10

Again, the main point here is that killing anything incurrs bad karma.
Like your plants. Better to pick them and let them flourish than to cut them down altogether.
Happy plants and animals make a happier world for us.

t

Moves
02 Oct 10

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Like your plants. Better to pick them and let them flourish than to cut them down altogether.
You are a wise soul sir.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Oct 10
3 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
The point I would have wanted to get to through asking perhaps a couple more questions (before your 'wise friend' vishvahetu rudely cut me off claiming I was a "dumb ass!" without provocation) was that with the population of the earth as it now stands the logistics of getting vegetarian food to all people must necessarily incur the indirect loss of life to animals, moreover were we as humans to collectively decide we shouldn't eat meat then some of the hunter types whose only reliable source of food is meat would likely starve. Whether the optimal loss of animal and human life is achieved through human abstention from animal meat is debatable. This surely bears relevance to your notion of karma.

t

Moves
03 Oct 10

There will come a day where there will be no flesh eating whatsoever, yet that great awakening might awake the fact that man does not live by bread and that his Life IS God, so we will have advanced beyond any concept of what has appeared one must do to live.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
03 Oct 10

Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
There will come a day where there will be no flesh eating whatsoever, yet that great awakening might awake the fact that man does not live by bread and that his Life IS God, so we will have advanced beyond any concept of what has appeared one must do to live.
Unfortunately, meat eating will never end, because there will be always someone who will want to eat it no matter what....but your desire for that to be true is welcombed.

t

Moves
03 Oct 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Unfortunately, meat eating will never end, because there will be always someone who will want to eat it no matter what....but your desire for that to be true is welcombed.
Well, where I speak this as fact is due to Heaven SHALL BE acknowledged as right here on earth (as it is in Heaven)...

P

weedhopper

Moves
03 Oct 10

A student on the spiritual path, soon becomes so senative to the life all around him, that he will even step over an ant.

Slaughter houses cause suffering to the animal, and if an animal dies of natural causes, then by all by all means eat it, but the person with spiritual understanding wont, because it is food in the mode of ignorance, and has a negat ...[text shortened]... e spiritual life is the only life to live, for getting out of this temporary world of suffering.
Just out of curiosity, how would you deal with a rabid wolf charging you? A wild animal (you pick one---mountain lion, wild dog, etc) attacking your child? A rattlesnake in the cradle of a baby?
I merely want to see how animal-crazy you are, or if you're a reasonable vegan who sees the need to destroy animals in dire circumstances.

t

Moves
03 Oct 10

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Just out of curiosity, how would you deal with a rabid wolf charging you? A wild animal (you pick one---mountain lion, wild dog, etc) attacking your child? A rattlesnake in the cradle of a baby?
I merely want to see how animal-crazy you are, or if you're a reasonable vegan who sees the need to destroy animals in dire circumstances.
~Just out of curiosity, how would you deal with a rabid wolf charging you? A wild animal (you pick one---mountain lion, wild dog, etc) attacking your child? ~

This one time I was delivering a ride on trencher (350 Ditchwitch) to a customer when I was in California working for a rental company as a pick up-delivery 1 ton Truck Driver, and had went to the porch way to ring his doorbell..

There was no answer so I continued with a loud knock, and 3 dobis were instantly alerted to the noise and came charging around their Barnyard near their carport..

Well, my first impulse was to jump on the mustang beside me, and then thought "nahh, these are God's wonderful dogs, and HE'S in charge!", as they were still charging away closer huhu...

I got down as if to welcome them in my arms when they were near enough knowing the whole time these dogs, regardless if they know this or not, ARE PART OF LIFE and that means ME, to which they were charged up and almost at my feet...

When they had got to my feet, they, in COMPLETE DUMBFOUNDED bewilderment halted as if they recognized I am Family, and started staring to one another lol...

Well, the one on my left, I instantly had a thought come across in consciousness as if he were to bite, to which he lunged at my face, and his upper tooth kissed my nose, and his lower, my chin, and after THAT he ran like a bat out of hell the other way, while the other 2 were looking at each other rather confused... lol

I could give a flying flipp'n foo whether you believe me or not, but this did happen as I have stated, and this HIGH I am referring to I will ONCE AGAIN experience, therefore have all grow into this as well, as IT IS WRITTEN!

One day I ~guarantEE~ that I will scare the hell OUT OF everyone, as Christ scared the snot out of they that were of the flesh, just alone his presence, the image and likeness of the Kingdom of Heaven, which is why they warred upon him, being very uncomfortable to his presence alone...

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
03 Oct 10

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I am not a vegan....the vegan diet is nonsense.

You should already know the answer to your own question, because its common sense.

If a animal is trying to harm me, then I will do the necessary and protect myself.

Now really, you arent going to ask me why...are you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Oct 10

Originally posted by Agerg
The point I would have wanted to get to through asking perhaps a couple more questions (before your 'wise friend' vishvahetu rudely cut me off claiming I was a "dumb ass!" without provocation) was that with the population of the earth as it now stands the logistics of getting vegetarian food to all people must necessarily incur the indirect loss of life to ani ...[text shortened]... tention from animal meat is debatable. This surely bears relevance to your notion of karma.
Yes. You mean like an eskimo is not going to become vegetarian without dying?
Its worse karma to kill yourself.

T

ALG

Moves
03 Oct 10

I am not a vegan....the vegan diet is nonsense.
So you don't eat chicken, but you do eat eggs? Why?

About 50% of all chicken is hen, the other half is cock.
All hens lay their eggs, so you can eat them, and all cocks are killed.
There are animals that were killed for your egg. So why do you eat it?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Oct 10

You dumb ass !
Careful, the veil is slipping.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
03 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Thomaster
So you don't eat chicken, but you do eat eggs? Why?

About 50% of all chicken is hen, the other half is cock.
All hens lay their eggs, so you can eat them, and all cocks are killed.
There are animals that were killed for your egg. So why do you eat it?
I dont eat eggs, because eggs are the menstral cycle of a chicken. (low class)....where did you get this from?

You should really stop with the fault finding attitude.