Vedas and Islam - question for Dasa

Vedas and Islam - question for Dasa

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ro

Moves
18 May 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Here's a few quotes from a rather large essay concerning what his Divine Grace has said about Islam -

http://www.harekrsna.de/artikel/islam.htm

Vedas means the books of transcendental knowledge. Not only the Bhagavad-gita, even the Bible or the Qur'an, they are also (books of transcendental knowledge). (Lecture, 29/07/68)

I ...[text shortened]... o many literatures. They are also authorised. (Lecture on Bhagavad-gita, 16/12/66)
Thanks Proper Knob. As you may have guessed, I was aware of this when I asked Dasa. I think we are going to be told again that you can't get wisdom from Google, rather than addressing the central point of my enquiry.

For example,

Srila Prabhupada: I know among the Muslims it is a system that small children are taught the Qur'an. That is a very good system.

Somewhat different to:

"The most vile excuse for a relgion is Islam and it must be banned"

"Islam is not a religion - it is a disease"

Islam is a disgrace to civilised humanity

Dasa - 19 Dec 2011

Dasa - you should either explain why your views are so at odds with his Divine Grace, or admit that you do not subscribe to his teachings. In which case, by your own words, we should ignore you as a false teacher.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 May 12

The Hare Krsna's I have encountered (many times) have a very specific way of treating questions that they know is not going in the direction that they intend it to.
Wisely most of them just go about with their chanting, embracing "devotional love" and not engaging in "philosophical speculations" .

Whenever one has sought to explain something to us (me and my friend), our follow up questions were rarely considered "sincere" (that's the words Dasa would use, but these other guys are not dissimilar).
In short, our discussions with the devotees were met with disdain and snobbery.
It is true that there are more wiser Krsna devotee's around, but Dasa even excludes himself from these guys (even though they sound so much similar to Dasa).

I, for one respect Islam and know of plenty of plenty of fine Muslims, who have peace as the first and foremost thought of their beings.
It is just the extremists that make Islam sound bad.

Of course when you live in a christian country , the views of news reporters are going to reflect their obedience to the christian God and any "bad things" will quickly be blamed on the Muslims.

Again, Dasa forgets that it is precisely because of religious tolerance that he has a right to reside here and speak his views. Not because any one actually agrees with him.

WE live in a socially, religiously diverse country - despite being mainly christian.
This is the way to go.
Dasa should give thanks that someone doesn't come along and beat him up for his anti-christian, anti-islamic views. This is precisely what happened in my old country, Hungary, where anyone that dared open their mouths in opposition to the ruling party was quickly jailed and "re- programmed"

F

Moves
19 May 12

Dasa, if you have any sense of yourself as a member of this community, and any sense of this as a community, you really need to address Rank outsider's questions on this thread. You're posting on other threads right now, so you've got no reason to not answer the questions here .

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
19 May 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
The Hare Krsna's I have encountered (many times) have a very specific way of treating questions that they know is not going in the direction that they intend it to.
Wisely most of them just go about with their chanting, embracing "devotional love" and not engaging in "philosophical speculations" .

Whenever one has sought to explain something to us ( ...[text shortened]... mouths in opposition to the ruling party was quickly jailed and "re- programmed"
When talking to the masses of ignorant foolish people......It is the duty of the spiritual master to find the very small amount of good in a person and then acknowledge that.

The whole world is lost to cheating science and cheating religion - so the spiritual master must make good use of his time and use it wisely, which means he does not bother to expose all the faults, wrongs, errors, and falsity of that false religion.

The spiritual master is simply acknowledging that it is good to teach the children that God exists ( in the Quaran) and that is the only good thing in the Quaran.

Other than that the Quaran was conceived by a murderer, torturer, womenizer, sex pervert, meat eating charlatan. - which is why it presents false knowledge.

But no person would know that it presents false knowledge because there are no persons in this forum who know the difference between true religion and false religion.

And that statement was spoken before 9/11 and the subsequent 1000,s of other atrocities that followed by the brutal/sadistic Islamic culture.

However I am not the spiritual master...............so I may expose all the cheating I want - especially in this forum where I cannot find one honest person and where I cannot find one person to acknowledge that animal cruelty /slaughter is barbaric..

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 May 12

Originally posted by Dasa
When talking to the masses of ignorant foolish people......It is the duty of the spiritual master to find the very small amount of good in a person and then acknowledge that.

The whole world is lost to cheating science and cheating religion - so the spiritual master must make good use of his time and use it wisely, which means he does not bother to expose a ...[text shortened]... n and where I cannot find one person to acknowledge that animal cruelty /slaughter is barbaric..
Ok, Just one example .
"9/11". 3000 people are supposedly killed by Muslim Terrorists.
Then America go and start a war in Bhagdad and kill way more than that.

(Remember the American swear to a christian God)

So why do you say Islam is worse?

It seems you just believe the sensationalist stuff thats on mainstream news.
Ever sen the movie "Wag the Dog" ? I guarantee you'll like it 😉

F

Moves
20 May 12

Originally posted by Dasa

The whole world is lost to cheating science and cheating religion - so the spiritual master must make good use of his time and use it wisely, which means he does not bother to expose a ...[text shortened]... n and where I cannot find one person to acknowledge that animal cruelty /slaughter is barbaric..
In other words your "teaching" here at RHP and the teaching of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada are not the same. Did you not warn us that anyone who deviates form His Divine Grace's teaching is a "false teacher"? In fact, haven't you said this literally dozens of times?