unifying truth

unifying truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Dec 10

Originally posted by Doward
what truth is in satanism?
The wages of sin is death?

T

Moves
16 Dec 10

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
humans ( both atheist and theist)
Do not do onto others that you would not want to be done onto you.

implicit innate general behavioural desire that comes from the biology of the human brain.[/b]
Sounds reasonable.

T

Moves
16 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Ah, but the text continues, "Unless you can blow up stuff and kill the infidels."
Sounds like bigotry rooted in ignorance and fear, i.e., Islamaphobia.

Based on your profile, I take it that you're a typical Chrisitian Fundamentalist whose ignorance and fear make you as irrational as the Islamic Fundamentalists you evidently loathe.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Dec 10

plenty of unifying things, unfied my the mind on many levels and in many different ways.
The Tao is a unifying truth

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
16 Dec 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Sounds like bigotry rooted in ignorance and fear, i.e., Islamaphobia.

Based on your profile, I take it that you're a typical Chrisitian Fundamentalist whose ignorance and fear make you as irrational as the Islamic Fundamentalists you evidently loathe.
Based on your profile you are too busy blowing stuff up to write a profile.

T

Moves
16 Dec 10

Based on your profile you are too busy blowing stuff up to write a profile.
Yet again consistent with what I said.

To put it another way:

Christian Fundamentalist: Islamic Fundamentalist
TOE-MAY-TOE: TOE-MAH-TOE

Do you find it at all disconcerting that you share very similar mindsets?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
16 Dec 10

To put it another way:

I have always maintained not to argue with the feeble minded. I think I have humoured you enough.
Merry Christmas

T

Moves
16 Dec 10

I have always maintained not to argue with the feeble minded. I think I have humoured you enough.
Merry Christmas
Yet another commonality: In order to hold onto irrational beliefs, anyone who does not hold the same beliefs must be "feeble minded".

Was your wishing me a "Merry Christmas" to alleviate your conscience? Somehow it seems that Jesus called His followers to be much more than that. Then again, it seems that fundamentalist Christians have little regard for the teachings of Jesus, so you are consistent there also.

rc

Moves
17 Dec 10
1 edit

To put it another way:

as i have pointed out, how many Christians were moved to acts of violence when caricatures of Jesus were printed along side those of Mohammed? Indeed, i cannot think of a single one, can the same be said of the Islamic world, hardly! Point is refuted.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
17 Dec 10

Yet another commonality: In order to hold onto irrational beliefs, anyone who does not hold the same beliefs must be "feeble minded".

Was your wishing me a "Merry Christmas" to alleviate your conscience? Somehow it seems that Jesus called His followers to be much more than that. Then again, it seems that fundamentalist Christians have little regard for the teachings of Jesus, so you are consistent there also.
TOE MAY TOE
Blew up the WTC

TOE MAH TOE
Preach the Gospel, and do charitable works

TOE MAY TER
That's the US government fighting terrorism.

TUH MAY TOE
That's the way normal people say the word.

I am not a fundamentalist, you labled me as such without any basis in fact. You can not see into my heart anymore than I can see into yours. Christianity is not a religion, it is a personal reltionship with God through Christ, religions are all false.
The Merry Christmas was sincere on my part, you could have wished me a Happy Ramidan, or whatever you call your Winter hols. 🙂

Send me a game anytime, perhaps we could fight this out as gentlemen. 😀

Cheers

rc

Moves
17 Dec 10
1 edit

TOE MAY TOE
Blew up the WTC

TOE MAH TOE
Preach the Gospel, and do charitable works

TOE MAY TER
That's the US government fighting terrorism.

TUH MAY TOE
That's the way normal people say the word.

I am not a fundamentalist, you labled me as such without any basis in fact. You can not see into my heart anymore than I can see into yours. ...[text shortened]... hols. 🙂

Send me a game anytime, perhaps we could fight this out as gentlemen. 😀

Cheers
when i reach 1800 i am coming to getcha! we shall duel in southern fashion, pistols at dawn, for the honour, you may of course wear a ladies handkerchief in your lapel, i shall be in Stetson hat, with authentic rattle snake braiding 🙂

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
when i reach 1800 i am coming to getcha! we shall duel in southern fashion, pistols at dawn, for the honour, you may of course where a ladies handkerchief in your lapel 🙂
Ah, as the challenged I select the weapons, swords, and I should warn you, I am very deadly with blades. Maybe let's just play chess, less blood. 😀

rc

Moves
17 Dec 10

Ah, as the challenged I select the weapons, swords, and I should warn you, I am very deadly with blades. Maybe let's just play chess, less blood. 😀
Ha, mere steel we can disdain safe in valour's glory, but a Sicilian Najdorf, that's a tricky beast! 🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by Doward
is their one? If we examine all the major world belief's (minor ones welcome as well), is there a truth that can unify us rather than divide us?
So are you saying there are no religions such as a Christian religion that are not unified?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by galveston75
So are you saying there are no religions such as a Christian religion that are not unified?
Dude, "christian religon" has been established to have 40 000 denominations. How is that unified?