1. St. Peter's
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 12:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So are you saying there are no religions such as a Christian religion that are not unified?
    do the truths in the teachings of Christ unify others not of that faith? If so what are they? Are there truths in other faiths that can unify Christians with them? Those are the questions.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 13:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Dude, "christian religon" has been established to have 40 000 denominations. How is that unified?
    One pyramid may have 40 000 bricks.
  3. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 14:58
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    TOE MAY TOE
    Blew up the WTC

TOE MAH TOE
    Preach the Gospel, and do charitable works

TOE MAY TER
    That's the US government fighting terrorism.

TUH MAY TOE
    That's the way normal people say the word.

Tow May TOOOOOOE!
    Don't forget the Crusades.

Islam and Christianity stem from the same source. Christ and Muhammed said basically the same thing-be good to your fellow man, and sit back and take it when someone isn't good to you. Neither group is really exemplary at either. Frankly the Buddhists seem to be the religion that follows the golden rule most consistently. If you want to hear a message of love, the current Dalai Lama is the only holy man I can think of on this planet you could count on. All the others will preach peace while condemming someone for preventing it.

Most religions have the same basic 'Golden Rule' tennant. What causes someone to choose one religion over another is more a matter of circumstance-your parents, your friends-than it is spiritual. I'm glad I was born into a Christian family. I like the history of Jesus, he was a great man. The Christian 'rules' beyond the golden one are easier to follow than some of the alternatives out there. If someone can love God (whatever they choose to call Him) and be peaceful in this world, then I'm content to let them go about their spiritual way.

Merry Christmas! (And may your solstice be warm)
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 15:53
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    Tow May TOOOOOOE!

Islam and Christianity stem from the same source. Christ and Muhammed said basically the same thing-be good to your fellow man, and sit back and take it when someone isn't good to you. Neither group is really exemplary at either. Frankly the Buddhists seem to be the religion that follows the golden ...[text shortened]... them go about their spiritual way.

So be it. Threaten no more. To secure peace is to prepare for war. So be it.
    Settle the score. Touch me again for the words that you will hear evermore ...
    Don't tread on me!
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 15:54
    Sorry man, I had that song stuck in my head. 😕
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 18:51
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    One pyramid may have 40 000 bricks.
    Big difference between a man made stone which we can all largely agree on, and someones story of divine revelation.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 19:25
    Originally posted by Doward
    is their one? If we examine all the major world belief's (minor ones welcome as well), is there a truth that can unify us rather than divide us?
    How about:

"Everyone who follows insert your religion here is right and therefore wiser than everyone who doesn't"

Perhaps the universal truth may be that humans like to congratulate themselves for being part of an exclusive group?
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 19:29
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    Tow May TOOOOOOE!

Islam and Christianity stem from the same source. Christ and Muhammed said basically the same thing-be good to your fellow man, and sit back and take it when someone isn't good to you. Neither group is really exemplary at either. Frankly the Buddhists seem to be the religion that follows the golden ...[text shortened]... them go about their spiritual way.

There's no place for that sort of rationalism in the Spirituality Forum!

😉
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 00:06
    TOE MAY TOE
    Blew up the WTC

TOE MAH TOE
    Preach the Gospel, and do charitable works

TOE MAY TER
    That's the US government fighting terrorism.

TUH MAY TOE
    That's the way normal people say the word.

I am not a fundamentalist, you labled me as such without any basis in fact. You can not see into my heart anymore than I can see into yours. ...[text shortened]... hols. 🙂

Send me a game anytime, perhaps we could fight this out as gentlemen. 😀

Cheers
    Let's see, you reply to a post showing the universal nature of the "golden rule" on a thread entitled "unifying truth" with idiotic bigoted comments that are divisive in nature like the following that stereotype Islam based on the actions of a very small minority:
    "Ah, but the text continues, 'Unless you can blow up stuff and kill the infidels.'"
    "Based on your profile you are too busy blowing stuff up to write a profile."

No need to be able to "see into your heart" when you put it out there for all to see.

Matthew 23
    27...For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. 28So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

In your case, you attempt to whitewash with a claim of having a "personal reltionship with God through Christ".
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 00:57
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Let's see, you reply to a post showing the universal nature of the "golden rule" on a thread entitled "unifying truth" with idiotic bigoted comments that are divisive in nature like the following that stereotype Islam based on the actions of a very small minority:
    "Ah, but the text continues, 'Unless you can blow up stuff and kill the infidels.'"
    "Base ...[text shortened]... itewash with a claim of having a "personal reltionship with God through Christ".
    I like how godless heathens quote the scriptures when it suits them.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 01:11
    Originally posted by Doward
    do the truths in the teachings of Christ unify others not of that faith? If so what are they? Are there truths in other faiths that can unify Christians with them? Those are the questions.
    It is possible as Jesus said at:

1 Corinthians 1:10 (New International Version, ©2010)

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be """" perfectly """" united in mind and thought.

But yet there are hundreds of divisions of Christainity. Even divisions in each division of Christianity.
    But Jesus said there would be unity. So if there is a Christian religion that is unified in their beliefs """" perfectly """" then that would be the ones Jesus is refering too.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 01:26
    I like how godless heathens quote the scriptures when it suits them.
    You are what you are regardless of your attempts to whitewash.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 01:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It is possible as Jesus said at:

1 Corinthians 1:10 (New International Version, ©2010)

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be """" perfectly """" united in mind and thought.

But yet ther ...[text shortened]... r beliefs """" perfectly """" then that would be the ones Jesus is refering too.
    Why take the words of Paul and place them in the mouth of Jesus?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 01:47
    I'm sorry..I meant Paul.
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 01:54
    You seem to think you're pretty adept at putting words in the mouths of others.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree