unifying truth

unifying truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
25 Dec 10

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I shall be reporrting this one as well. You made a false claim..."You don't believe Him." That is a blatant lie: I DO believe the Lord Jesus and I am a Christian. I never claimed to be a better Christian than you or anyone else, but I AM a Christian. Your right to demean me has just ended.
I shall be reporrting this one as well. You made a false claim..."You don't believe Him." That is a blatant lie:
Wow...you reported *that*!?

pffft 😞

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Dec 10

Originally posted by Taoman
The below excerpt I found was a helpful statement by someone with unifying wisdom. Swami Srawati sees how a particular approach to a type of yoga has reflections in other paths. It appears apropos to the current discussion.

"Karma Yoga in Other Traditions.

Though the path of Karma Yoga has been explained in detail by Yogic Science, references to it c ...[text shortened]... ga.html

A peaceful and happy Christmas time to all, Christian and non-Christian alike.
"A peaceful and happy Christmas time to all, Christian and non-Christian alike."

The same to you Taoman. 🙂

P

weedhopper

Moves
25 Dec 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Don't know how you can reasonably say that I made a "false claim". Perhaps you need to go back and reread our discussion. I can only go by what you post.
Your false claim was that I am not a Christian. Since I say I am, and you do not have God's omniscience, then I take that as slander, as do a great many others.

T

Moves
27 Dec 10

Your false claim was that I am not a Christian. Since I say I am, and you do not have God's omniscience, then I take that as slander, as do a great many others.
I never said that you are "not a Christian". In fact, I'd say that you seem to be in lock step with most of the Christians that I've come across. Most of them don't seem to believe what Jesus actually said either.

Are you going to report yourself for making a false accusation?

If not, you can report yourself for making this false statement:
"Condemning an entire group to hell because of some writings that don not even out-date the Gettysburg Address is quite another."

Is there a reason that you refuse to explain exactly what you meant by it?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Dec 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
I will assist you with that query:

The Krishna Consciousness movement is really very new, about 50 yrs old and the teachings of the Vedas which are eternal are their source of knowledge.

A person who follows the Vedanta Sutra is called a Vaisnava, and the persons who follow the Hare Krishna way are also Vaisnava,s, but they have gathered together to ...[text shortened]... anything.

I also have in my home, a Bible and a Koran and many other books for referencing.
Thnx for the assistance.

One more thing: I've always found the Krsna movement to be mainly a religon of devotion. Others (such as christianity) seem to be more involved with "good works" , while bhuddists are often assiciated with "the way of thought". (These are my own "ways" that I have put my own bent on, but basically we all have a bit of all three.)
Do you subscirbe to that way of thinking? (ie. would you consider yourself more devotional than the other two? )

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
27 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Thnx for the assistance.

One more thing: I've always found the Krsna movement to be mainly a religon of devotion. Others (such as christianity) seem to be more involved with "good works" , while bhuddists are often assiciated with "the way of thought". (These are my own "ways" that I have put my own bent on, but basically we all have a bit of all thr ...[text shortened]... t way of thinking? (ie. would you consider yourself more devotional than the other two? )
The Hare Krishna movement follows the Vedanta Sutra and the Vedanta Sutra teach,s Bhakti Yoga as the process for advancing in the spiritual life.

Bhakti Yoga is the path of devotion, and since I also subscribe to Bhakti Yoga, then I would definitely be advocating the devotional way.

P

weedhopper

Moves
27 Dec 10

[b]Well, it's apparent that you have little use for what Jesus actually said. In short, you don't believe Him. Instead you choose to believe the words of others.
HERE is where you said I was not a Christian. Every Christian believes Christ's words. You said I do not. That makes you a libeller AND a liar. And that's what was reported.

P

weedhopper

Moves
27 Dec 10
2 edits

The Christianity I Observe (which is mainstream) makes it clear that good works are but chaff when it comes to salvation. We are saved through grace, as most every Christian knows.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Dec 10

The Christianity I Observe (which is mainstream) makes it clear that good works are but chaff when it comes to salvation. We are saved through grace, as most every Christian knows.
The idea that "good works are but chaff" is hardly a "mainstream" one in Christianity. The RCC rejects this view and most Christians are members of the RCC. In addition, other denominations also reject such a claim. "Grace alone without works" is a decidedly minority position among Christians.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Dec 10

So as for the original question, it sounds like the answer is no, since do unto others as you would have them do unto you has been pointed out to be a non-religious human realization worked out in many cultures but religious dogmas around the world have latched onto that one.
All the other posts here are religious bashing, a bit off topic. My religion is better than your religion. WOW, that is SO spiritual.

P

weedhopper

Moves
27 Dec 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
The idea that "good works are but chaff" is hardly a "mainstream" one in Christianity. The RCC rejects this view and most Christians are members of the RCC. In addition, other denominations also reject such a claim. "Grace alone without works" is a decidedly minority position among Christians.
Quite true: RCC's do tend to over-rate works, but even they have agreed "ecumenically" that we ARE saved first by grace, and it is only through that grace that we will gain eternal life. The other decided minorities that demand actions (membership, "walking the aisle", etc.) are simply misguided Christian brethren 😉

T

Moves
30 Dec 10

HERE is where you said I was not a Christian. Every Christian believes Christ's words. You said I do not. That makes you a libeller AND a liar. And that's what was reported.
I know what I said. Note that I never said that you are "not a Christian", therefore if anyone is a liar it is you. Are you unable to draw a distinction between what was actually stated and what you make of it? You seemed to be doing a similar thing with what Jesus actually said.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
30 Dec 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
The Hare Krishna movement follows the Vedanta Sutra and the Vedanta Sutra teach,s Bhakti Yoga as the process for advancing in the spiritual life.

Bhakti Yoga is the path of devotion, and since I also subscribe to Bhakti Yoga, then I would definitely be advocating the devotional way.
If I buy a flower from you at the airport, are we good then?

P

weedhopper

Moves
30 Dec 10

[b]I know what I said.
I don't think you do.

T

Moves
30 Dec 10
1 edit

I don't think you do.
Evidently you chose to ignore this part:
" Note that I never said that you are "not a Christian", therefore if anyone is a liar it is you. Are you unable to draw a distinction between what was actually stated and what you make of it?"

You've repeatedly demonstrated how you selectively remove existing words from text and/or add nonexistent words to text in order to prop up your beliefs/ desires rather than accept the words that are actually there. It's unfortunate that you do so.