Understanding the Bible:  A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27

Understanding the Bible: A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
136d

@kellyjay said
Deceiver you have no standing when speaking about rightly dividing scripture. It may have something to do with your Jesus is not good or God.
You are asking someone to .."read the scripture in the light that Jesus was fully man, and fully God... " , when the Bible says no such thing?

I am not the deceiver. Take a look in the mirror.

Moves
136d

@kellyjay said
Declaring God is good does not mean He is denying himself either good or God.
It does when he says only God is good and questions why they are calling him good. Why are you not seeing that?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
136d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It does when he says only God is good and questions why they are calling him good. Why are you not seeing that?
Only if He is not God, I suggest that you start taking into account other verses to get a clearer picture instead of making much of this one. At His birth for example “Immanuel” how do you handle that one?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
136d

@rajk999 said
You are asking someone to .."read the scripture in the light that Jesus was fully man, and fully God... " , when the Bible says no such thing?

You say things all the time as true that you know nothing about and how you handle scripture shows you don’t understand it!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
136d

@rajk999 said

I never said it was in the Bible only that it’s the truth.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
136d

@kellyjay said
Lol ... Classic., Not in the Bible. Very little of what you believe is... 😀

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
136d

@rajk999 said
Lol ... Classic., Not in the Bible. Very little of what you believe is... 😀
So says the one that claims Jesus is not good or God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
136d

@pettytalk said
"You want other examples?"

Examples? Would you possibly be an example of one of those that keeps calling out to the Lord? One of these: Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

John 17:4 - "I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work you gave me to do."
John ...[text shortened]... w this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
In this passage you quoted .. this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent, the key word that needs to be understood is "know". Some believe that professing faith they know God, some think by doing bible study, praying, going to church etc that they know God. But this is not supported in the bible, which clearly defines what it is to "know' God.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. (1 John 2:3-5 KJV)

If you keep the commandments of Christ, you know God

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
136d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
So says the one that claims Jesus is not good or God.
Here is a nice one for you.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 16:15-17 KJV)

Peter says that Jesus is the Son of God.
How does Peter know this?
Jesus said that God revealed it to Peter.

So anyone who thinks that Jesus is God, or is equal to God, is listening to the church. aka flesh and blood. They are not listening to God, neither is God revealing the truth to them.

Moves
136d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Which explains the 'if you have seen me you have seen the father,' passage, relating to Jesus sharing the one purpose with God. (Not one being).
@rajk999 said
Oneness refers to one purpose or of one mind, not one being.
@ghost-of-a-duke said
Which explains the 'if you have seen me you have seen the father,' passage, relating to Jesus sharing the one purpose with God. (Not one being)

That's precisely what Jesus intended, of one mind.

John 7:16
"My teaching is not My own," Jesus replied. "It comes from Him who sent Me.

John 8:26
"I have much to say about you and much to judge. But the One who sent Me is truthful, and what I have heard from Him, I tell the world.

Moves
136d

@kellyjay said
I understand that quite well and it is you who has misunderstood what Jesus did for us. He lived His life as a man not as God, so as a man He only did what the Father led Him to do.

Read the scripture in the light that Jesus was fully man, and fully God. The Father led Christ to do and say what the Father showed and told Him. As fully man Jesus kicked Satan’s butt as a ...[text shortened]... aking the devil’s best shot, crucifying Him on the cross, but after that Jesus was raised up to God.
@kellyjay said
As a man He defeated the devil by taking the devil’s best shot, crucifying Him on the cross, but after that Jesus was raised up to God.

Don't you realize what you are saying? If Jesus' death is to wash all man's sins away, why would the devil want him crucified? It would be to the devil's advantage if Jesus did not die as a sacrifice.

And another thing which you keep saying is that God is ever the same, and never changes. Is not becoming a man a change from God's nature?

If God became a man why would he need to tell himself what to say and do? Does God lose his omniscient powers by becoming a man?

F

Moves
136d

@kellyjay said
Bookmark this.

You will accuse anyone who quotes you on this later of being a liar.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
136d
3 edits

@rajk999 said
Here is a nice one for you.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 16:15-17 KJV)

Peter says th ...[text shortened]... rch. aka flesh and blood. They are not listening to God, neither is God revealing the truth to them.
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are God.

So in your opinion, Jesus is a created being? You must therefore think God made Jesus just to kill Him on the cross after Jesus lived a perfect life, do you, even though Jesus Himself is not good? If He could make Jesus someone who could live a perfect life, why not the rest of us? Do you believe God wanted an excuse to burn people in hell because He didn't want to make us all like He did Jesus?

F

Moves
136d

@kellyjay said
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are God.

So in your opinion, Jesus is a created being? You must therefore think God made Jesus just to kill Him on the cross after Jesus lived a perfect life, do you, even though Jesus Himself is not good? If He could make Jesus someone who could live a perfect life, why not the rest of us? Do you believe God wanted an excuse to burn people in hell because He didn't want to make us all like He did Jesus?
If God could make Jesus someone who could live a perfect life, why not the rest of us?

An excellent question

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
136d
2 edits

@kellyjay said

So in your opinion, Jesus is a created being?
The flesh, blood and bones … the entire body of Jesus was created in the womb of Mary. Agreed?

Once you acknowledge this then all that is left is his spirit; and the Bible teaches that there is only ONE spirit.