Truth

Truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
03 Jun 10
1 edit

Chrisianity, Islam, Judaism, and the rest, do not have or know truth about god and life.
They are all ignorant of real knowledge and truth of god, but they teach their nonsense to the little children, and thus the ignorance spreads, how sad it is.
I will debate any person, of any religion, and set them straight.
But their must be some rules
rule 1. you can not quote from any book
rule 2. if you beleive something, it doesn,t make it fact
rule 3. you must adhere to sensability
rule 4. you must respect logic and reason
rule 5. you must accept a higher power
rule 6. you must accept defeat, which is really not defeat but a new realization
I will start by saying god is not a male

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
04 Jun 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Chrisianity, Islam, Judaism, and the rest, do not have or know truth about god and life.
They are all ignorant of real knowledge and truth of god, but they teach their nonsense to the little children, and thus the ignorance spreads, how sad it is.
rule 1. ...[text shortened]... feat, which is really not defeat but a new realization
Well, I can't follow Rule 3, since sensibility dictates that quoting from books is sometimes necessary.

Rule 4 is out for much the same reason.

Rule 5 is out for atheists such as myself.

Rule 6 is accepted in light of my failure to follow the other rules 😕

You win....

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Jun 10

rule 1. ...[text shortened]... feat, which is really not defeat but a new realization
I agree, god is not male.
I am curious as to where you are going to draw your conclusions from.

Anyway , I would give it a shot, but it seems that we already agree, and i would probaly readily submit to my defeat and new realization.

Still, any christian theists out there willing to give vishvahetu a go?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 10

What is the point? It looks like your cups are full...sounds like you all have itchy ears, or just plain bored...just get on with your pagan lives and leave us Christians alone...

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Jun 10

But christians live in error, and teach error, which means that the christians are the anti christ.
Teaching children that god bled to death on a cross is child abuse, so stop doing it

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Jun 10

thats the problem with the main line religions, they have all their conclusions about god, and have put him/she/it, in a neat little box, and they call that a poket god, how silly they all are.
You can never come to any conclusions about god, because what would be your referance point? huh
Its enough to know, that god is on the job, keeping the planets spinning in their orbit, and not allowing the sun to burn out.
As for our mundane lives, god is not interested. cheers vishvahetu

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Jun 10

thats the problem with the main line religions, they have all their conclusions about god, and have put him/she/it, in a neat little box, and they call that a poket god, how silly they all are.
You can never come to any conclusions about god, because what would be your referance point? huh
Its enough to know, that god is on the job, keeping the planets ...[text shortened]... owing the sun to burn out.
As for our mundane lives, god is not interested. cheers vishvahetu
And how did you come by these conclusions about god?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Jun 10

you are not an atheist in the pure sense, you can understand that there is a power causing the planets to spin in their orbits, and that power has desighned the human machine with all its senses.
Your claim to atheism is directed to all the nonsense religions that we have to endure on planet earth, and i am an atheist as well when talking about those nonsense religions! the god i beleive in, has nothing to do with them........ cheers visvahetu

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Jun 10

i have not come to conclusions about god, ( thats what iam saying)
how can you come to a conclusion about something which is outside your scope of understanding.
One can only observe and appreciate within his/her own heart

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Jun 10

to karoly.
So far yor the only person that seems to have a fresh outlook.....cheers vishvahetu

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Jun 10

you are not an atheist in the pure sense, you can understand that there is a power causing the planets to spin in their orbits, and that power has desighned the human machine with all its senses.
Your claim to atheism is directed to all the nonsense religions that we have to endure on planet earth, and i am an atheist as well when talking about those nonsense religions! the god i beleive in, has nothing to do with them........ cheers visvahetu
I am an atheist in relation to your god as well. But you have not answered my question. You claim that other people are wrong about god because they cannot know him (it), but then you go on to give us some very specific information about this alleged god. How can your conclusions about god be deemed any more trustworthy than anyone else's? The logical position (it would seem) would be to doubt all non-contradictory claims about god equally.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Jun 10
1 edit

i have not come to conclusions about god, ( thats what iam saying)
how can you come to a conclusion about something which is outside your scope of understanding.
One can only observe and appreciate within his/her own heart
You have concluded that:

A) god exists
B) that god keeps the planets spinning in their orbit
C) that god keeps the sun from burning out
D) and that god is not interested in our mundane lives

Edit: If god is outside of our scope of understanding then how can you claim to know any of these things?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Jun 10

to Swiss Gambit
Yes of course we have to take something from a book, but god is infinate, so the bible and koran which were written by delusional and misguided persons, would not be my source of spiritual knowlede.......cheers vishvahetu

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Jun 10

Mr rwingett
yes, some obvious conclusions are accepted, for example you can conclude that god is intelligent, but when people conclude that god died on a cross for us, have they checked that out with god first, or did they read it in a delusional book.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Jun 10

Mr rwingett
yes, some obvious conclusions are accepted, for example you can conclude that god is intelligent, but when people conclude that god died on a cross for us, have they checked that out with god first, or did they read it in a delusional book.
I fail to see why intelligence should necessarily be assumed, even for a theist. A pantheist outlook could, for example, conceive of god as being non-sentient, and thus not having intelligence. Why is your conclusion that he is intelligent supposedly above reproach, while the conclusion that he died on the cross is not?