trinity revisited (for my own sake)

trinity revisited (for my own sake)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Boys, boys, boys.

Keep in mind that there are no contradictions in the Bible and that it is the inerrant word of God.

Therefore, Satan is simultaneously a God and not a God, the Trinity is true and not true.

It's all really simple if you stop to think about it.
So that would mean then that the Trinity is false but not false? What does that mean?

T

Moves
03 Sep 09
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
So that would mean then that the Trinity is false but not false? What does that mean?
Now you're getting it.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

Nope.... So give me (((((1))))) scripture that God says that he, Jehovah, Jesus and the Holy spirit are all the same? If it is that clear to you then show us so it will be that clear to us.....

Pick wisely.
give me one that says they are not

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Sep 09

Now you're getting it.
What does it mean as it makes no sense?

T

Moves
03 Sep 09

What does it mean as it makes no sense?
My point exactly.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by duecer
give me one that says they are not
I knew you'd come back with a silly answer like that. It would seem that if one is willing to say that such a thing is in the Bible you'd have at least one scripture that would say so.
Just one is all I ask for.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Sep 09

My point exactly.
Well whatever dude....

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

I knew you'd come back with a silly answer like that. It would seem that if one is willing to say that such a thing is in the Bible you'd have at least one scripture that would say so.
Just one is all I ask for.....
Revelation 1
Prologue
1The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
Greetings and doxology
4John,
To the seven churches in the province of Asia:
Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne, 5and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
7Look, he is coming with the clouds,
and every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

I am the Alpha and Omega....the ALMIGHTY. verse 7 says that even thosed who peirced him will see him, and then Christ speaks in verse 8. There is no transitional passage to indicate that anyone BUT Christ is speaking.

Some claim that the Holy Spirit is distinct from God, yet the book of Acts tells us differently

Acts 5:3-4 (New International Version)

3Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God."

Lying to the Holy Spirit is lying to God, which reenforces my earlier point about the trinity being 3 aspects or functions of the same God

Finally for your digesation and thought:

Genesis 1 and Isaiah 44 teaches us that God is the creator of all things

Jerusalem to Be Inhabited
24 "This is what the LORD says—
your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb:
I am the LORD,
who has made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself,

yet in John 1 we are told that Jesus was the creator of all things:
John 1:3 (New American Standard Bible)

3(A)All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

The function of the Christ is to give life, which he did through creation, and which is offered to us again through his suffering, death, and ressurection, by which we recieve eternal life. It is still coming from God, the God who became flesh for our sake.

Yes the word trinity does not appear in the bible, yet in Jiohn1 and john 14, and the epistles, we clearly see 3 functionary's. John 14, Christ promises a "helper' in the Holy Spirit, which we discussed above, is the spirit of God. John 1 says that in the begining was God, and the word was with God,and the word was God. God the father, jesus the life giver, and the Holy Spirit our guide and helper are all the same being.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

this will be the last go round, I have already soundly refuted your pathetic offerings, and have come full circle. I have no wish to talk to a brick wall professing earnestness

T

Moves
03 Sep 09

Well whatever dude....
The point is that the concept that there are no contradictions in the Bible and that it is the inerrant word of God is fallacious.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

answer my question and address the scripture I quoted or be branded a faithless fraud. Is God a liar?

edit; I kinda like this one as well. god's word rebuts your entire obfuscation. i need not give a long answer
"O Lord, there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You" 1 Chronicles 17:20
still waiting on your reply robbie

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Sep 09

Revelation 1
Prologue
1The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those ...[text shortened]... sus the life giver, and the Holy Spirit our guide and helper are all the same being.
Have to go to a doctors appointment but will return....

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09

still waiting on your reply robbie
no God is not a liar, there is one true and almighty God, his name is according to the Bible, is Jehovah.There are also many other instances of divine personages, men, angels, who are termed 'gods', with a small 'g', as the text that i gave proves through its numerous examples, if you took the time to read it. it is a very weak and beggarly argument that you are presenting Deucer, if i do say so myself, for the text is quite clear, there is one Almighty God, his name is Jehovah.

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09
2 edits

Revelation 1
Prologue
1The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those sus the life giver, and the Holy Spirit our guide and helper are all the same being.
There is no transitional passage to indicate that anyone BUT Christ is speaking. ??????? bum Duecer, utter bum!

the preceding verse states amen, as in end of story, there is now a new personage speaking, now where in scripture does this phrase occur? ahhh yes, here it is,

(Isaiah 48:12) . . .“Listen to me, O Jacob, and you Israel my called one. I am the same One. I am the first. Moreover, I am the last.

who is this referring to? Christ or Jehovah? who was it that called Isreal, Christ or Jehovah? i think we know the answer to that,

(Isaiah 43:10) . . .“you are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, . . .

now the verse in question although written in Greek uses the Hebrew equivalent El Shaddai, “God Almighty”, where is Christ ever termed the almighty, nowhere, where is Jehovah termed the Almighty?

(Genesis 17:1) . . .When Abram got to be ninety-nine years old, then Jehovah appeared to Abram and said to him: “I am God Almighty. Walk before me and prove yourself faultless.

(Exodus 6:3) . . .And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them. . .

now let us ask you if you have any references from scripture which we can say, ohhh, yes, the lord Jesus Christ is also termed the Almighty, and you will find none, not one skinny little ghost of a text!

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
There is no transitional passage to indicate that anyone BUT Christ is speaking. ??????? bum Duecer, utter bum!

the preceding verse states amen, as in end of story, there is now a new personage speaking, now where in scripture does this phrase occur? ahhh yes, here it is,

(Isaiah 48:12) . . .“Listen to me, O Jacob, and you Israel my called on ...[text shortened]... rist is also termed the Almighty, and you will find none, not one skinny little ghost of a text!
from verse 4:Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne,

the one who is, was, and is to come...follow?

then verse 8:8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

the subject of this chapter is Christ, the phrase "who is, and who was, and who is to come" is again repeated. Without any indication of a change in subject, this can only mean that Christ is the speaker here. nice try though

Jesus is Lord!!!