trinity revisited (for my own sake)

trinity revisited (for my own sake)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what has that got to do with anything? but seeing that i like you guys, i shall humour you, yes Jehovah is almighty and all powerful.
then all things are indeed possible, yes?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09

yes another poor trinitarian bites the dust! shall Deucer the Hutt fight on, or shall we claim victory in the name of truth and valour! it is often the way of it, when one is presented with a logical argument and all one has at ones disposal is an argument with emotional content, based on an experience type of thing. emotionalism I do not think can stand in the way of reason.
too late I already claimed victory so HA! and rightfully so, you have once again been soundly defeated by the forces of goodness and light😏

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Sep 09
3 edits

Trying to explain the Person of God πŸ™‚ We R 2 believe that the JW's have it all correct. There is no analogy to explain God in His fullness. I don't think the trinity is a mystery. It's revealed in the bible. Just because we can't explain it does not negate it. God the father. The Eternal Son. The spirit of God. I don't have an explanation how the son can hear the father saying This is my son in whom I am well pleased. The spirit descended as a dove upon Him. This idea did not just come out of no where it is revealed in the bible. This Spirit expresses emotions. The Spirit can be lied to.

Romans 8:26
26In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;

If the spirit is just a force why does the scripture give it (Him)person-hood? Just because a concept can't be explained does not negate it. Trying to explain God with logic? Light perfect example it's a particle.....no it's a wave. God created light! Ha I think these paradoxes are to put man in his place. We accept this as fact. Also just because there were pagan deities that were so called trinities that does not negate what is revealed in scripture. The concept of needing blood to atone for sin? Pagan religions believed this also so I guess we throw away this idea because pagan religions believed this. This is also revealed in scripture.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by menace71
Trying to explain the Person of God πŸ™‚ We R 2 believe that the JW's have it all correct. There is no analogy to explain God in His fullness. I don't think the trinity is a mystery. It's revealed in the bible. Just because we can't explain it does not negate it. God the father. The Eternal Son. The spirit of God. I don't have an explanation how the son can ...[text shortened]... a because pagan religions believed this. This is also revealed in scripture.

Manny
Forget the JW's for a minute and see if you possibly can answer this: Why is it not possible, sense there is real confusion with the trinity as all you guys at one time or another have admitted that there are some things about it that you can't explain, for some group or religion or peoples to have it right? Why in the world is that not possible since it has happened in the past with God dealing with humans?
It just makes me scratch my head in wonderment that most can't accept that as possiblility...Read the Bible, use some common sence and just think a little to that possibility.
The reason you and the others need to do this, is because it's for real.

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by duecer
too late I already claimed victory so HA! and rightfully so, you have once again been soundly defeated by the forces of goodness and light😏
what shall you do Deucer, the illustrious Jaywill has fallen, Manny is babbling on in a state of delirium, your house is divided and abandoned? The trinity is lying in tatters strewn across cyber space like the remnants of a distant star, which has imploded in on itself and now creates a vacuous region! checkmate now seems imminent! shall we offer you terms?

j

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Wow..he gave up. Guess he's tired of fighting for the trinity thing.
Enough repetition with one person, galveston.

If four or five repetitions don't persuade, there's little expectation that twelve or thirteen will.

j

Moves
03 Sep 09

Trying to explain the Person of God πŸ™‚ We R 2 believe that the JW's have it all correct. There is no analogy to explain God in His fullness. I don't think the trinity is a mystery. It's revealed in the bible. Just because we can't explain it does not negate it. God the father. The Eternal Son. The spirit of God. I don't have an explanation how the son can ...[text shortened]... a because pagan religions believed this. This is also revealed in scripture.

Manny
===========================
Romans 8:26
26In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
===================================

Manny, your point is excellent. Now if you count the number of times in the coming weeks you have to revisit this, you'll see that repeating such a plain passage will do no good for some people.

galveston says a "Wow" I must be tired of fighting for the trinity. I repeated conclusive passages many many times. ie. 2 Cor. 3:17.

There is just no need for me to point it out to that poster more times. For that poster the Lord is NOT the Spirit when the word of God says "Now the Lord is the Spirit".

He just intends not to take what it says.

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09
4 edits

Forget the JW's for a minute and see if you possibly can answer this: Why is it not possible, sense there is real confusion with the trinity as all you guys at one time or another have admitted that there are some things about it that you can't explain, for some group or religion or peoples to have it right? Why in the world is that not possible since i that possibility.
The reason you and the others need to do this, is because it's for real.
merely repeating something does not make it true! if i had been offensive, then yes there would be a case, merely asking a 'christian', to explain a verse which seems absolutely contradictory to their claims does not warrant excommunication! if it was not for Deucer and i having some fun i would have left this thread alone, but now i should really thank the trinitarians for having enlightened me even further to the folly of this doctrine!

let us try again,

at Romans chapter 8:11. who is it and what medium is used that raises Christ from the dead? it is a very simple and straightforward question, who is it.

here is the verse,

(Romans 8:11) . . .If, now, the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his spirit that resides in you.

this not only answers, who the spirit is, from whence it originates and what nature it takes, but it is internal biblical testimony that the 'Lord', is God, not Christ as has been proffered up like a puppet at a punch and judy show!

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

Manny is babbling on in a state of delirium πŸ˜‰ LOL

Ok So who then is the Spirit? Romans 8:11 ? Why does He the Spirit have person-Hood? & Roman 8:26

Manny aka the delirious one.

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

Manny is babbling on in a state of delirium πŸ˜‰ LOL

Ok So who then is the Spirit? Romans 8:11 ? Why does He the Spirit have person-Hood?

Manny aka the delirious one.
oh Manny Manny personification does not necessarily mean personality, as you are quite aware despite your delirium, as in the case of wisdom, for example.

what we really want to know is, where is the dark lord Deucer in all of this?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

oh Manny Manny personification does not necessarily mean personality, as you are quite aware despite your delirium, as in the case of wisdom, for example.

what we really want to know is, where is the dark lord Deucer in all of this?
Robbie. Do you have any way to get some of the paragraphs from the "Insight on the Scriptures" book page 1019 of Vol 2 on the Holy Spirit posted here for them to read? I don't but it has some great info on this.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Sep 09

LOL I think your splitting hairs in this case. Personification & Personality I would think are intertwined. Now I have to break out the Websters Dictionary. I'm thinking about it.

Manny

rc

Moves
03 Sep 09

Robbie. Do you have any way to get some of the paragraphs from the "Insight on the Scriptures" book page 1019 of Vol 2 on the Holy Spirit posted here for them to read? I don't but it has some great info on this.
my friend, i posted large sections of the material on a previous thread about the holy spirit, but jaywill stated that he did not read it, making the excuse that it was cut and paste and not a discussion, like that somehow negated the value of the information???? Manny did read it and had one or two questions that were not covered, but i found the information that answered his questions, and the resilient Deucer had some comments to make that were well researched but naturally melted away like snow in spring after coming under scrutiny.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Sep 09

It says....He intercedes for us (The Spirit)He hovered over the deep at creation (The Spirit) He can be lied to (The Spirit) There are so many scriptures Old Testament & New that show He the Spirit having person-hood. The Spirit is none other than God!

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Sep 09
2 edits

I don't really know you guys but.....I Love yah man πŸ™‚ R.C. & G75
LOL I've cracked kidding. I have to go to work now but I do actually enjoy if nothing else it causes me to search the scriptures and if nothing else we have a common love for the scriptures.

Manny aka the delirious one