Trinity explained

Trinity explained

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jul 13
3 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
An angel..... No need to say anything else as it will not do any good.
Who was the angel (messenger of God) that Jacob saw that would inspire him to say that he saw God almighty?

Jesus said, "If you have seen me you have seen the Father." Do you think that could have anything to do with it? Could the Son of God be that messenger or angel?

The Instructor

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Jul 13

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Thread 154036

Also check out the second page of

Thread 154067
This one's good too

Thread 154007

The Atheist Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Jul 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Who was the angel (messenger of God) that Jacob saw that would inspire him to say that he saw God almighty?

Jesus said, "If you have seen me you have seen the Father." Do you think that could have anything to do with it? Could the Son of God be that messenger or angel?

The Instructor
Why I keep trying to explain I have no idea.

But use your "hopefully open minded brain" for a minute.

If you were an angel sent by God to relay a message, which is the God who is the most powerful being in the universe that could end all life in a second and destroy everthing he has ever made in an even shorter time if he desided to, would you even for a second even consider using your name to talk to someone with a mesage that was being delivered by you from your Almighty God?
Understand this, an angel is a spokesman for God and if ever one of them even slightly gave the impression that it was his words he was speaking instead of God's, how would god view that angel? Would he ever be trusted by God to deliever some of the most important messages man has ever heard from God, by a voice, again? No as God exacts "exclusive devotion".
If God sent you to give very direct words to other humans and you either said them wrong or somehow put yourself, your name out there so to say, when in reality it means nothing in reguards to what God has sent you to say, would you even take the time to speak of yourself?
This is why Jesus said what he said in that what he speaks is from his Father and that he dos not do his will but that of his Father.
Jehovah is in charge and his spirit sons completely respect that and would never use their name or positon when repeating a message from Jehovah.
That is why they said they were God in the sense that they completely represented him with no alterations to it at all....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jul 13
1 edit

Why I keep trying to explain I have no idea.

But use your "hopefully open minded brain" for a minute.

If you were an angel sent by God to relay a message, which is the God who is the most powerful being in the universe that could end all life in a second and destroy everthing he has ever made in an even shorter time if he desided to, would you God in the sense that they completely represented him with no alterations to it at all....
Are you calling Jacob a liar? Are you calling the messenger from God a liar? Are you saying you have no idea if the Son of God could be that messenger or angel that Jacob called God almighty? What is the truth here?

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Jul 13

Are you calling Jacob a liar? Are you calling the messenger from God a liar? Are you saying you have no idea if the Son of God could be that messenger or angel that Jacob called God almighty? What is the truth here?

The Instructor
I see you really have no clue in any of this do you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jul 13

I see you really have no clue in any of this do you?
Yes, I have a clue. It appears that you do not want to answer the questions? That is probably because it is not covered in your Watchtower manuals, right?

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 13

Yes, I have a clue. It appears that you do not want to answer the questions? That is probably because it is not covered in your Watchtower manuals, right?

The Instructor
Almighty God is neither Jesus or an angel. The WTS has nothing to do with this statement as your bible never teaches such a thing.
You say we follow mans teachings. A little hypocritical as you do the same with those guys you follow that dreamed up this stuff back 1600 years ago...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jul 13

Almighty God is neither Jesus or an angel. The WTS has nothing to do with this statement as your bible never teaches such a thing.
You say we follow mans teachings. A little hypocritical as you do the same with those guys you follow that dreamed up this stuff back 1600 years ago...
That still does not answer the question. Who did Jacob see that he called God almighty? You first said it was an angel and now you say it was not an angel.

On your second point, I believe what is written in the Holy Bible. Those people 1600 years ago that I think you are referring to are the ones that used the Holy Scripture to come up with the definition of God as a Triune God and the term "trinity" that was created much earlier was used to name the Doctrine. On the other hand, the Watchtower changed scripture in an attempt to agree with their doctrines.

The Instructor