Trinitarians, who is your spiritual father...

Trinitarians, who is your spiritual father...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Jun 13

Originally posted by divegeester
You are hypocrite Galveston you play with words all the time. It is not a good thing to call someone the Devil, or like the devil. You should be more considered in your words IMO.
I did not call him satan did I? I said he was playing with words or the truth like satan does. Many millions of humans do the will of satan, so for someone here to fall into that catagory is not unusual...

And I've never played with words at all here. It must be your misunderstanding of those statements that makes you say this.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Jun 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Uh there were many things Jesus did not say to do or do but that does not give permission to do something or to asume something just because it was not said by Jesus.

Jesus never said it's ok to jump off a cliff like a fool but with your reasoning I guess it would be ok....Lol
Replace Jesus in these sentences with 'the Bible' and it blows most of your arguments out of the water, though. "Where does it say that in the Bible?" is something you're always saying in this thread, to similar ludicrous effect.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Jun 13

I did not call him satan did I? I said he was playing with words or the truth like satan does. Many millions of humans do the will of satan, so for someone here to fall into that catagory is not unusual...
Yeah, there's a least a couple here...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Jun 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Replace Jesus in these sentences with 'the Bible' and it blows most of your arguments out of the water, though. "Where does it say that in the Bible?" is something you're always saying in this thread, to similar ludicrous effect.
What kind of responce was that supposed to be?

Why would one NOT want to see someones beliefs in the Bible if they say they are christian and supposedly representing it or calling themself an "instructor" of the bible?

If you believe in something, prove it by the Bible. Is that too hard for you? So far it seems to be for you and RJ....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Jun 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Yeah, there's a least a couple here...
You sound just like RJ. I'm starting to think you two are the same person?

e

Moves
23 Jun 13
5 edits

God is the Father, Jesus the Son, The Holy Spirit is the gap between the starlings / us.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Jun 13

Originally posted by e4chris
God is the Father, Jesus the Son, The Holy is Spirit the gap between the starlings / us.
Thanks, so simple to explain and understand but to a trinitairian, not that easy.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Jun 13
1 edit

“Mighty God” and “Eternal Father”

Jesus is also “Mighty God” and “Eternal Father.” This does not mean that he usurps the authority and position of Jehovah, who is “God our Father.” (2 Corinthians 1:2)
“He [Jesus] . . . gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.” (Philippians 2:6) He is called Mighty God, not Almighty God. Jesus never thought of himself as God Almighty, for he spoke of his Father as “the only true God,” that is, the only God who should be worshiped. (John 17:3; Revelation 4:11) In the Scriptures, the word “god” can mean “mighty one” or “strong one.” (Exodus 12:12; Psalm 8:5; 2 Corinthians 4:4)
Before Jesus came to earth, he was “a god,” “existing in God’s form.” After his resurrection, he returned to an even higher position in the heavens. (John 1:1; Philippians 2:6-11) Further, the designation “god” carries an additional implication. Judges in Israel were called “gods”—once by Jesus himself. (Psalm 82:6; John 10:35) Jesus is Jehovah’s appointed Judge, “destined to judge the living and the dead.” (2 Timothy 4:1; John 5:30) Clearly, he is well named Mighty God.

The title “Eternal Father” refers to the Messianic King’s power and authority to give humans the prospect of eternal life on earth. (John 11:25, 26) The legacy of our first parent, Adam, was death. Jesus, the last Adam, “became a life-giving spirit.” (1 Corinthians 15:22, 45; Romans 5:12, 18)
Just as Jesus, the Eternal Father, will live forever, so obedient mankind will enjoy the benefits of his fatherhood eternally.—Romans 6:9.

Mr D..here is your answer if you can figure it out.....

e

Moves
23 Jun 13
1 edit

Thanks, so simple to explain and understand but to a trinitairian, not that easy.
I like them a lot a don't want to take the micky but some Trinitarians talk about it like quantum Christianity . There is a divine presence somewhere between these 3 points but not entirely in any one ....

Moves
23 Jun 13

“Mighty God” and “Eternal Father”

Jesus is also “Mighty God” and “Eternal Father.” This does not mean that he usurps the authority and position of Jehovah, who is “God our Father.” (2 Corinthians 1:2)
“He [Jesus] . . . gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.” (Philippians 2:6) He is called Mighty God, not Almi ...[text shortened]... is fatherhood eternally.—Romans 6:9.

Mr D..here is your answer if you can figure it out.....
Well as usual you haven't answered what I asked which is:

Who is your spiritual father Jesus or Jehovah?

Simple question requiring a simple answer, but you cant give one and we know why.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Jun 13

Well as usual you haven't answered what I asked which is:

Who is your spiritual father Jesus or Jehovah?

Simple question requiring a simple answer, but you cant give one and we know why.
Lol....How did I know you wouldn't get the answer out of those scriptures? If you can't see it, God is not letting you. So since he isn't letting you see it I'll follow his lead.

Moves
23 Jun 13

Lol....How did I know you wouldn't get the answer out of those scriptures? If you can't see it, God is not letting you. So since he isn't letting you see it I'll follow his lead.
I ask question, you avoid answering, give spurious text as obfuscation, I ask for clarification, you tell me god is preventing me seeing through your waffle.

If it works for you Galveston, then just keep drinking that kool aid mate.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Jun 13

I ask question, you avoid answering, give spurious text as obfuscation, I ask for clarification, you tell me god is preventing me seeing through your waffle.

If it works for you Galveston, then just keep drinking that kool aid mate.
I will. Cherry is my favorite. How about you?

Moves
23 Jun 13

I will. Cherry is my favorite. How about you?
Point demonstrated.

🙂

e

Moves
23 Jun 13
5 edits

The "Father"

The son?

the Holy Spirit?
The Father and the Son are quite easy to explain. But the Holy Spirit I know puzzles people who have been in the church a while.

I believe in it, and that it has a purpose for us. I used to work as a data analyst and people are so predictable, shop spending for example happens in very predictable waves, if you plot it on a graph it looks like a heartbeat, it really does. Crowds flow through cities just like a viscous liquid there are models to show this. The way starlings fly, how does a bird on one side of the flock know what a bird on the other side is doing? yet they can form complex patterns. Its there. I wonder if it refers to the Bible too, as a product of it?