Tree of life

Tree of life

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by jaywill
One thing I think we should all be able to agree on.

There is something happening with this man [b]Abraham
in the ancient times. I mean you have three major faiths all claiming a connection to some man named Abraham of long ago.

Something SIGNIFICANT had to occur with this man. Jews say so. Christians say so. Moslems say so.

I ...[text shortened]... h each other or not, attributed something momentously significant to be in relation to his life.[/b]
The reason why the three faiths talk about Abraham is because many of their ideas come from the same sources which includes stories about Abraham. That is hardly evidence that Abraham existed or did anything of note.
If I found stories of some ancient personage in both Hinduism and Buddhism would you conclude that "something SIGNIFICANT had to occur with this man" as Buddhists say so and Hindus say so?

j

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
The reason why the three faiths talk about Abraham is because many of their ideas come from the same sources which includes stories about Abraham. That is hardly evidence that Abraham existed or did anything of note.
If I found stories of some ancient personage in both Hinduism and Buddhism would you conclude that "something [b]SIGNIFICANT
had to occur with this man" as Buddhists say so and Hindus say so?[/b]
Doesn't prove he did not exist either.

j

Moves
16 Jun 07

From REGENERATION Website

www.regenerated.net

WHAT IS REGENERATION?—A brief definition supported by the truth revealed in the Gospel of John

REGENERATION IS A MATTER OF LIFE—The intrinsic significance of the organic relationship between God and His regenerated believers

MAN'S NEED OF REGENERATION—Why regeneration alone—not self-improvement—can meet man’s need

THE WAY TO BE REGENERATED—How easy it is for man to be born of God

THE INITIAL STEP OF GOD'S ORGANIC SALVATION—Why regeneration is crucial for our experience of God’s full salvation

EXPERIENCES AND EXAMPLES OF REGENERATION—Regeneration experiences of various men of God as recorded in the Bible, biographies, and personal testimonies