Transcendental Meditation

Transcendental Meditation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
02 Mar 11

Has anybody here ever been involved with the TM Meditaion movement ? If so what was your experience ?

s

England

Moves
02 Mar 11

well let us think on it

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 11

Originally posted by buckky
Has anybody here ever been involved with the TM Meditaion movement ? If so what was your experience ?
It was another stepping stone for me.
I like how they didn't get into diety worship and funny chanting, but at the end of the day, my particular path was destined to be a solitary one.

Does anyone know how TM would differ from Vipassana?

On the outside they seem pretty similar.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by buckky
Ya. Back in the day.

But when it was time to bring a flower and a white handkerchief and lay it on their alter so that I could get my mantra I backed out. It seemed to me even then, before I came to know Jesus as my saviour, that it was a form of worship of something I didn't know enough about to make that kind of commitment.

I later learned that the mantra's are the names of one of 30 million gods the Hindus have.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Ya. Back in the day.

But when it was time to bring a flower and a white handkerchief and lay it on their alter so that I could get my mantra I backed out. It seemed to me even then, before I came to know Jesus as my saviour, that it was a form of worship of something I didn't know enough about to make that kind of commitment.

I later learned that the mantra's are the names of one of 30 million gods the Hindus have.
how did I intuit yours was going to be such a positive comment?

Cant you be a Jesus freak and be positive about other ways? I mean, "love thy neighbour". Y'know Freud would say that you have some kind of defense mechanism towards non biblical stuff according to your posting hidtory. (of cousre , they are just posts, the real josephw is an enigmašŸ˜µ )

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
how did I intuit yours was going to be such a positive comment?

Cant you be a Jesus freak and be positive about other ways? I mean, "love thy neighbour". Y'know Freud would say that you have some kind of defense mechanism towards non biblical stuff according to your posting hidtory. (of cousre , they are just posts, the real josephw is an enigmašŸ˜µ )
Do you want to hear the truth or not?

Or am I supposed to post only those things that make you feel good?

Get real karoly. I posted about my experience with TM. What do you want me to say for crying out loud?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Mar 11

Do you want to hear the truth or not?

Or am I supposed to post only those things that make you feel good?

Get real karoly. I posted about my experience with TM. What do you want me to say for crying out loud?
yeah...ookaaaay, but is it possible to reach for someone to reach god through tm or is christ the only way? and if so, why???????????????????????????????????

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Mar 11

yeah...ookaaaay, but is it possible to reach for someone to reach god through tm or is christ the only way? and if so, why???????????????????????????????????
The simple answer, because He said so.

By the way, where have you been? I've been sitting here waiting for over an hour. Next time let me know you're going to be gone for so long so I can take a nap.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Mar 11

The simple answer, because He said so.

By the way, where have you been? I've been sitting here waiting for over an hour. Next time let me know you're going to be gone for so long so I can take a nap.
I multi task and get carried off with other things.
You are just one of my cherished parts of my day, dear josephw.

"Because he said so"? ...not even a little furthur elaboration for an amateur such as myself?
How did he say so?
Who had the pad and ink scribbling down what he said?

Thats why
i like Osho. You can here his live commentries on tape. Awesome story teller, that guy Osho

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Mar 11

I multi task and get carried off with other things.
You are just one of my cherished parts of my day, dear josephw.

"Because he said so"? ...not even a little furthur elaboration for an amateur such as myself?
How did he say so?
Who had the pad and ink scribbling down what he said?

Thats why
i like Osho. You can here his live commentries on tape. Awesome story teller, that guy Osho
"Because he said so"?

Is Jesus a liar?

F

Moves
03 Mar 11

Is Jesus a liar?
Who knows for sure? What he said and didn't say, what people said he said, what people say it means or doesn't mean... it's a matter of faith or belief. I have no reason to doubt your sincerity when you state what you believe.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
Who knows for sure? What he said and didn't say, what people said he said, what people say it means or doesn't mean... it's a matter of faith or belief. I have no reason to doubt your sincerity when you state what you believe.
Who knows for sure? I do.

Blows your mind doesn't it?

F

Moves
03 Mar 11

Who knows for sure? I do.
I accept fully that you sincerely believe that and do not seek to change your mind.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
I accept fully that you sincerely believe that and do not seek to change your mind.
Ya, but I seek to change yours.

Without going against your volition.

F

Moves
03 Mar 11

Ya, but I seek to change yours.
Well that's a matter for you. As long as you don't forget, in all your earnestness, that retorts like "Is Jesus a liar?" have no significant credibility or relevance to spiritual people who have belief systems that do not embrace or include your beliefs.