trains or off-roaders?

trains or off-roaders?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
23 Jun 08

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
what makes you think the tracks were not laid by us as individuals? what if we laid the tracks already and this idea of "time" is actually just us watching these tracks we have laid?
Do you mean we lay the tracks in front of us ourselves that we follow ? Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. How do we lay out the track before we get there?

E

Moves
23 Jun 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
Do you mean we lay the tracks in front of us ourselves that we follow ? Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. How do we lay out the track before we get there?
i have no idea, but when you make a decision, it doesn't feel as if someone is doing it for you.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
23 Jun 08

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
i have no idea, but when you make a decision, it doesn't feel as if someone is doing it for you.
But there are always reasons why you made the decision. It didn't just come out of nowhere. The decision you make is intimately tied to what happened in the past.

E

Moves
23 Jun 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
But there are always reasons why you made the decision. It didn't just come out of nowhere. The decision you make is intimately tied to what happened in the past.
that is very true. when you look at it psychologically, we are all victims of our biological make-up, and the world around us. you could very easily make the argument that we are totally predictable and have no free will. it would just take somebody of very high intelligence, such as a god. w/ that argument, god does not even have to exist to have no free will.

F

Moves
23 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by knightmeister
You are one person - 1945 is your past . For Hitler in 1939 then 1945 is his future. 1945 is his future and your past. You will of course say "Ah but Hitler is dead" but that's from your perspective in the time dimension . For him in 1939 you are not alive yet.
Then I better understand what you meen, however, I still don't agree.

I say our universe is only one universe. Not one for every 'now' that hs been and will be, including the 'now' we're in right now.

I don't think that the future exist now, nor the past exist now. The future is there in our speculations and expactations, ie in our mind. The past is there in our memories, and evidence in the 'now' reality.

If we compare the Universe with a reel of a movie, say 'Gone by the wind'. In this film there is thousands of separate pictuers. If we look at one of them, calling it the 'now' picture. The picture ahead is the future and the ones we already have seen is the past. Here we don't agree. This is your parallell.

My parallell is that the only known picutre is the one we're looking at right now. The future pictures doesn't exist, and the past pictures are also 'gone by the wind'. Our Universe is only a snapshot of itself.

Who is right and who is wrong? That we cannot ever know for sure. But it is a very profound truth about the Universe.

If you are right, then time machines is possible, we can foretell the future, because the future is already known (by the universe itself at lesast), astrology works,a dn sush.

If I am right, there is no way time machines can work, there is no way to see into the future, asrology is not more but a religion. Sorry to say, my universe is a boring universe. But I have a free will, and that counts for much.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
23 Jun 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
But I have a free will, and that counts for much.
Free within limits, so not really free.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Then I better understand what you meen, however, I still don't agree.

I say our universe is only one universe. Not one for every 'now' that hs been and will be, including the 'now' we're in right now.

I don't think that the future exist now, nor the past exist now. The future is there in our speculations and expactations, ie in our mind. The past is ...[text shortened]... iverse is a boring universe. But I have a free will, and that counts for much.
My understanding is that Einstein thought that time travel into the future might be possible.