To the judges who declared the Pledge of Allegi...

To the judges who declared the Pledge of Allegi...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f

Moves
14 Nov 05

"So, Your Honor, the Pledge is unconstitutional because it says 'Under God.' Guess that means when you were sworn in with your hand on a Bible, and at the end of your oath repeated, 'So Help Me God' that makes your job unconstitutional, therefore you have no job, which means your ruling doesn't mean squat!"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by flyUnity
"So, Your Honor, the Pledge is unconstitutional because it says 'Under God.' Guess that means when you were sworn in with your hand on a Bible, and at the end of your oath repeated, 'So Help Me God' that makes your job unconstitutional, therefore you have no job, which means your ruling doesn't mean squat!"
I like it!🙂

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 05

They didn't rule the Pledge of Allegiance was unconstitutional. They ruled that having public school children recite the Pledge with the words "under God" in it was unconstitutional. The Pledge is perfectly OK without the words "under God" which were, of course, added in 1953 about 50 years after the Pledge was written.

A judge doesn't have to use the term "So help me God" or swear on a Bible to be sworn in; he may simply affirm if he chooses to. It's in the Constitution; I'll give you a cookie if you can find it on your own.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
14 Nov 05

Why is it that the more secular-minded here that must continually correct false assertions made by our ethereally-inclined brothers and sisters?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
14 Nov 05
1 edit

So yeah . . . the judges, 9th Circuit. Good job.

Forcing first-grade kids to swear to a flag everyday and say words in 'indivisible', 'republic', and 'liberty' is just silly. Damn Cold War. Damn frightened, ignorant 1950's McCarthy-style lummoxes.

Edit: This was another damn double post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
They didn't rule the Pledge of Allegiance was unconstitutional. They ruled that having public school children recite the Pledge with the words "under God" in it was unconstitutional. The Pledge is perfectly OK without the words "under God" which were, of course, added in 1953 about 50 years after the Pledge was written.

A judge doesn't hav ...[text shortened]... e chooses to. It's in the Constitution; I'll give you a cookie if you can find it on your own.
Your right, but I still like it.😏

f

Moves
14 Nov 05

A judge doesn't hav ...[text shortened]... e chooses to. It's in the Constitution; I'll give you a cookie if you can find it on your own.
hehe, I know, I just like to jab fun at you guys

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Nov 05

LOL.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
14 Nov 05

It's a shame that to do so you have to use blatent lies.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 05

I doubt that you knew ANY of the information I gave in my post as I'm sure your sources of info are right wing websites and propaganda mills. I wouldn't be surprised if your entire first post was a cut and paste that you didn't give credit for.

f

Moves
14 Nov 05

I doubt that you knew ANY of the information I gave in my post as I'm sure your sources of info are right wing websites and propaganda mills. I wouldn't be surprised if your entire first post was a cut and paste that you didn't give credit for.
OMG, I didnt know you would be so offended, I did not get this from a right wing website, although I did cut and paste this from an individual whos name I wont give out.

Id still like to tell that to the judges that ruled on that. hehe

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
14 Nov 05

OMG, I didnt know you would be so offended, I did not get this from a right wing website, although I did cut and paste this from an individual whos name I wont give out.

Id still like to tell that to the judges that ruled on that. hehe
They would tell you exactly what No1 did as they actually know the facts.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
14 Nov 05

The phrase "one Nation indivisible" had tremendous emotional meaning two decades after the end of the Civil War. This history, and the power of those words, were wrecked by the anti-communist addition to the pledge.

Join me in restoring the Pledge of Allegiance to its original beauty and power:

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
The phrase "one Nation indivisible" had tremendous emotional meaning two decades after the end of the Civil War. This history, and the power of those words, were wrecked by the anti-communist addition to the pledge.

Join me in restoring the Pledge of Allegiance to its original beauty and power:

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of ...[text shortened]... d to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
One Nation Indivisible.

I need to get one of those stickers for my car.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by telerion
One Nation Indivisible.

I need to get one of those stickers for my car.
Brainy Dictionary

Indivisible
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not divisible; incapable of being divided, separated, or broken;
not separable into parts.

Well with God in the pledge being indivisible is a lie since people
are divided, without God being indivisible is a lie for the same reason.
Since we are seemly a country divided into our liberal or conservative
camps, or our God fearing, godless camps, I'd say it is a work in
progress no matter how you look at it. Since only a tolerant people,
those that really allow live and let live can be indivisible the clamor
alone on that pledge shows us we have fallen short of what our
forefathers had hoped for.
Kelly