1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 03:01
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Let me ask you this question, seeing such a high price was paid for you by Jesus Christ do you think He deserves our lives, our very best, or are you of the opinion you could care less?
    The question is not what 667joe thinks such a supposedly "high price" being "paid" means to him (an atheist, lest you forget); the question is this: why was it theoretically or technically or ideologically necessary from him to undergo being executed by the Romans in order to forgive "sins"?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '17 03:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    The question is not what 667joe thinks such a supposedly "high price" being "paid" means to him (an atheist, lest you forget); the question is this: why was it theoretically or technically or ideologically necessary from him to undergo being executed by the Romans in order to forgive "sins"?
    It would appear that forgiveness comes at a price, and that price is Justice.

God had decided that forgiveness was not free.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 May '17 03:08
    Originally posted by chaney3

Well said
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 03:10
    Originally posted by chaney3

So He arranged for a manifestation of Himself to be executed by the Romans?

That was "justice"?

It was a "price" that had to be paid?

You are reciting doctrine and tossing in buzzwords. You are not explaining anything.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 03:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well said
    You think so? I thought it seemed more like a kind of regurgitation of dogma instead of explaining anything.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 06:451 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Are you glad Jesus was crucified,(if so, are you a sadist?), or do you think the crucifixion of Jesus should have been avoided? Couldn't Jesus forgive your sins without being crucified? In other words, was the crucifixion truly necessary?
    The wages of sin is death. Jesus died in our place so that we may live.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 07:42
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The wages of sin is death. Jesus died in our place so that we may live.
    This is nothing but more duckspeak that doesn't explain anything.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 07:451 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is nothing but more duckspeak that doesn't explain anything.
    You certainly have poor grasp of Christian doctrine for one who claims to have been a Christian for decades. When you were a Christian what did you think was the purpose of Jesus's death? I dare you to answer the question. But I'm not holding my breath.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 07:52
    You certainly have poor grasp of Christian doctrine for one who claims to have been a Christian for decades.
    The wages of sin is death.

Jesus died in our place so that we may live.

They are simply two slogans. They are not explanations. The OP is seeking explanations not slogans.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 07:54
    When you were a Christian what did you think was the purpose of Jesus's death? I dare you to answer the question. But I'm not holding my breath.
    I am not interested in discussing it with you as I am not a Christian anymore. I don't feel any need to subject what I used to believe decades ago to you for retrospective analysis or approval.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 07:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not interested in discussing it with you as I am not a Christian anymore. I don't feel any need to subject what I used to believe decades ago to you for retrospective analysis or approval.
    Of course you aren't you are only interested in belittling Christian beliefs as part of your coping mechanism to justify to yourself why you left the faith.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 08:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    The wages of sin is death.

Jesus died in our place so that we may live.

They are simply two slogans. They are not explanations. The OP is seeking explanations not slogans.
    Ok here is an in depth explanation. But guess what you are probably not even going to read it because you are just interested in sledging and taking the piss.

https://www.gotquestions.org/why-Jesus-die.html
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 08:02
    Of course you aren't you are only interested in belittling Christian beliefs as part of your coping mechanism to justify to yourself why you left the faith.
    If you feel belittled by interaction with people who don't believe the same things as you do, then that is something for you to come to terms with on your own. I do not feel belittled by talking to anyone on this web site. It's rather odd that you would frame disagreement on a message board in that way. I am also entirely comfortable with the spiritual journey my life has taken me on and in no way feel any need to "justify" it. Again, the prism through which you see me being different from you is oddly revealing.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 08:03
    Ok here is an in depth explanation. But guess what you are probably not even going to read it because you are just interested in sledging and taking the piss.

https://www.gotquestions.org/why-Jesus-die.html
    You simply offered two slogans in answer to the OP. The OP is looking for explanations.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 08:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you feel belittled by interaction with people who don't believe the same things as you do, then that is something for you to come to terms with on your own. I do not feel belittled by talking to anyone on this web site. It's rather odd that you would frame disagreement on a message board in that way. I am also entirely comfortable with the spiritual journey m ...[text shortened]... tify" it. Again, the prism through which you see me being different from you is oddly revealing.
    Keep telling yourself that, it's quite obvious that you are just here to piss on Christians and their beliefs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree