To all the creationists denying evolution ....

To all the creationists denying evolution ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
05 Feb 09

Originally posted by LemonJello
Do you deny that acts of creation and evolution are in principle compatible?
😀
you asking a question to which you already know the answer is kind of masochistic and implies exasperation.

i have been there and i understand your pain. you will be annoyed, and more annoyed, until you finally shout in exasperation that you will no longer respond to him. but he will post something so stupid that you will have to break your promise. and the cycle will repeat. sometimes he will even give the impression that he is sane and you will start treating him like a sane person. and you will feel sorry for treating him so bad. but it is just an act.

rc

Moves
05 Feb 09

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
😀
you asking a question to which you already know the answer is kind of masochistic and implies exasperation.

i have been there and i understand your pain. you will be annoyed, and more annoyed, until you finally shout in exasperation that you will no longer respond to him. but he will post something so stupid that you will have to break your promise ...[text shortened]... him like a sane person. and you will feel sorry for treating him so bad. but it is just an act.
i am the one who should be annoyed, i am finished with this, you guys have provided NO REASON as to why one should accept that God used the evolutionary hypothesis, instead you have clouded the issue time and again, with vague assertions and counter claims, if you have no valid reason then say so, at least i could admire the honesty, but no, you would not even consent to that - in the immortal words of daffy duck - 'your despicable!'.

rc

Moves
05 Feb 09

Originally posted by LemonJello
Do you deny that acts of creation and evolution are in principle compatible?
in the complete absence, nay the vacuum of plausible reasons as to why i should accept anything contrary, i must, of necessity, conclude that they are not only principally incompatible, but diametrically opposed! and until anyone provides a reason to the contrary, i will continue to assert that this is the case!

Z

Moves
05 Feb 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i am the one who should be annoyed, i am finished with this, you guys have provided NO REASON as to why one should accept that God used the evolutionary hypothesis, instead you have clouded the issue time and again, with vague assertions and counter claims, if you have no valid reason then say so, at least i could admire the honesty, but no, you would not even consent to that - in the immortal words of daffy duck - 'your despicable!'.
and he dodges! And the crowd goes wild!

ladies and gentlemen, and kiddies in the audience, that was an impeccable dodge by the awesome Duck Dodgers. Let's have a round of applause for him.

wait a minute, what is that? the crowd shouts encore! Well let's see if the famous Duck Dodgers is up for it. What do you say Duck? May i call you Duck? or sir Quaksalot? Are you up for an encore? Here is the post repeated, will you dodge again?

"if what you say is true, and interpretations belong to god, i will reformulate my question. let's hope you will not dodge it this time.

if the bible says 6 days, and all interpretations belong to god, then where in the bible does it say that those are not actually 6 days? because only the bible is the word or god."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 09

You seem really confused about what is being debated here. No one gives a stuff whether God initiated the evolutionary process -- indeed, three of your debaters are atheists. What is being debated is your claim that Jesus explicitly denies evolution and your other claim that the Bible is self-interpreting. It is those two ludicrous claims which are under debate and which you seem unable to discuss without circular reasoning.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Feb 09

One can only admire your ability to blank out any posts that don't sit well with your argument. When posters acknowledge a disagreement but are not persuaded by the arguments then I find that reasonable, but you always make the claim that nobody has provided any argument whatsoever that contradicts you.

And I think its 'deshpicable' by the way.

rc

Moves
05 Feb 09

Originally posted by Conrau K
You seem really confused about what is being debated here. No one gives a stuff whether God initiated the evolutionary process -- indeed, three of your debaters are atheists. What is being debated is your claim that Jesus explicitly denies evolution and your other claim that the Bible is self-interpreting. It is those two ludicrous claims which are under debate and which you seem unable to discuss without circular reasoning.
this is nothing short of incredulous, honestly i had to feel my bum to make sure i was not dreaming, i am not confused, not in the slightest, you have made the statement that his most illustrious holy eminence the Pontifex Maximus stated that God used the evolutionary hypothesis to form man and then later infused him with a 'soul', a statement that i adequately refuted from the bible itself, Zahlansi made the statement, ' that God needed to tweak the creation', this in spite of the fact that as yet he has provided no evidence for such, Fabian claimed that evolution was the pinnacle of the creative process! my goodness man i did not imagine these things, so if you have anything to say, i don't care what it is, his infallibility, God appeared to him in a dream, its on this basis or that, anything, then let it be heard, for as yet nothing has been proposed, i set out why i thought that it was incongruent, with reference, if there is a grain of decency you will be pleased to do the same!

as to these other issues, they were merely side issue, i hold that they are true, for as yet they have not been adequately refuted, and until you produce your statement as to why we should accept the premise that God used, initiated or whatever with regard to the evolutionary hypothesis, i have every right to desist from giving any further explanation!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
05 Feb 09

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
😀

i have been there and i understand your pain. you will be annoyed, and more annoyed, until you finally shout in exasperation that you will no longer respond to him. but he will post something so stupid that you will have to break your promise ...[text shortened]... him like a sane person. and you will feel sorry for treating him so bad. but it is just an act.
LOL. rec'd.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 09

this is nothing short of incredulous, honestly i had to feel my bum to make sure i was not dreaming, i am not confused, not in the slightest, you have made the statement that his most illustrious holy eminence the Pontifex Maximus stated that God used the evolutionary hypothesis to form man and then later infused him with a 'soul', a statement that i ...[text shortened]... evolutionary hypothesis, i have every right to desist from giving any further explanation!
Again: no one gives a stuff about whether God inititiated evolution. Most of the people who have replied to your posts are atheists. The point is that there is no prima facie reason to see evolution and the creation account as incompatible. You have to explain why. Your strange interpretation of Jesus' teaching against divorce does not cut it.

you have made the statement that his most illustrious holy eminence the Pontifex Maximus stated that God used the evolutionary hypothesis to form man and then later infused him with a 'soul', a statement that i adequately refuted from the bible itself,

No; you did not refute it at all. You made no attempt to find Pope John Paul II's reasoning. You did not quote him. You did not make any attempt to represent his stance. No refutation occurred at all.

as to these other issues, they were merely side issue, i hold that they are true, for as yet they have not been adequately refuted, and until you produce your statement as to why we should accept the premise that God used, initiated or whatever with regard to the evolutionary hypothesis, i have every right to desist from giving any further explanation!

Why not reply adequately to Vistesd's post about semantics. You have made no attempt to justify how Scripture is 'self-interpreting'. Don't impose burdens on other posters which you are unable to fulfill.

rc

Moves
06 Feb 09
1 edit

Again: no one gives a stuff about whether God inititiated evolution. Most of the people who have replied to your posts are atheists. The point is that there is no prima facie reason to see evolution and the creation account as incompatible. You have to explain why. Your strange interpretation of Jesus' teaching against divorce does not cut it.

[b lf-interpreting'. Don't impose burdens on other posters which you are unable to fulfill.
what is strange is you cannot offer even the slightest premise for why evolution and creation are compatible, you have no interest in offering any explanation as to why you believe this completely unsubstantiated nonsense and you continue to offer none, i conclude that you will not do so, and have really nothing more to say this time

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
06 Feb 09

what is strange is you cannot offer even the slightest premise for why evolution and creation are compatible, you have no interest in offering any explanation as to why you believe this completely unsubstantiated nonsense and you continue to offer none, i conclude that you will not do so, and have really nothing more to say this time
Evolution is a process, without a specific starting point.
While most scientists and atheists would probably take the view that the starting point of evolution occurred naturally, there is no reason to see that it couldn't have begun with some supernatural event.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Feb 09

I really do not see how they could be incompatible. Your only evidence against it is a dodgy interpretation of Jesus' teaching on divorce.

rc

Moves
06 Feb 09
1 edit

I really do not see how they could be incompatible. Your only evidence against it is a dodgy interpretation of Jesus' teaching on divorce.
ok, look, i will, for the sake of sanity recant of everything that i have stated, the bible is not self interpreting, the reference to Christ was dodgy, the pope is indeed infallible, Zapansy is actually a gentlemanly fellow and does not utter unsubstantiated drivel, now for sake of truth (yes i endeavor to use the word truth, don't let it frighten you!), will you tell the forum why we should accept this idea that the two are compatible! for all you have asserted is that they may not be incompatible, its hardly a basis for concluding that they actually are, is it? and if no one does offer an explanation of why we should accept the premise then i will forever more conclude that you, Zapansy, his most illustrious eminence the pontifex maximus JPII, Ivanhoe and Fabian are individuals who are prepared to give credence to unsubstantiated claims, and have no interest in ascertaining truth!

infact i wish i could go to Romania, get Zapansy up from in front of his tv, smack him across the face with my glove and challenge him to a duel at dawn, where he will be forced into honorable and gentlemanly conduct!

rc

Moves
06 Feb 09

Originally posted by amannion
Evolution is a process, without a specific starting point.
While most scientists and atheists would probably take the view that the starting point of evolution occurred naturally, there is no reason to see that it couldn't have begun with some supernatural event.
yes yes quite, but is there any reason for concluding that it actually did my learned friend? or must we beg the truth for small crumbs of vague assertions and crusts of incongruous postulations?

Z

Moves
06 Feb 09

ok, look, i will, for the sake of sanity recant of everything that i have stated, the bible is not self interpreting, the reference to Christ was dodgy, the pope is indeed infallible, Zapansy is actually a gentlemanly fellow and does not utter unsubstantiated drivel, now for sake of truth (yes i endeavor to use the word truth, don't let it frighten y ...[text shortened]... hallenge him to a duel at dawn, where he will be forced into honorable and gentlemanly conduct!
what difference is there between Johny the pope how claims one thing, and the sadistic jerk who claims another?

Sure, we all know that the late johny (who i believe is the best pope anyone remembers) used scientific papers. and opinions from very respected scholars. and the predominant scientific opinion of how life evolved(emphasis on EVOLVE not how it originated or if there was a god bound in shackles initiating every evolutionary process). And he mentioned that the evolution does not exclude the existance of god. it does not proves he is not needed. A christian can still hold evolution to be true and make god stand next to every mutation, every selection of the fittest and making it happen. Though that would be like discovering the laws of attraction between two objects and claiming there is an invizible unicorn weaving an invisible thread between the earth and the moon for example and that is how gravity works.

Now let's look at the sadistic jerk's opinion. He claims that there is definitive proof that evolution and creation do not match because jesus claimed so when he talked about marriage. which is kind of like claiming a parent is a monster for lying to his children about babies being delivered by stork.

Well, upon careful deliberation, considering the opinion of good scientists and even nice religious people(the ones that were not brain dead when they formulated the opinions) and the opinion of the sadistic jerk who is only supported by...nobody or at the most people like behe who admitted themselves of making contradicting claims, i would have to go with....

evolution and God being the creator of the universe do not contradict. in fact, evolution may very well be the way in which god made the world. what is written in the bible is simply the way in which ignorant savages misunderstood what god was dictating, or simply the fairy tales invented by ignorant savages to fill in the blanks that god left when he talked only about nonsense like "be nice to your neighbor". blanks which were filled with ignorant explanations and genocides marked as god's will