1. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    27 Jan '24 09:36
    @divegeester said
    Why do you believe the things you believe Suzianne?
    The question is a general one, and I believe that you, as an animal, would agree. It's a straightforward answer that applies to all animals to a certain extent. That is, all animals who are capable, more or less, to form beliefs. At the core of the matter of belief lies the one answer which covers all general beliefs. It's a matter of survival. That's the "why" for believing, survival, that's why.

How we manage to survive through belief is another question, and one which even you would be able to answer all on your own.

For instance, a bird might form a belief about the location of a food source based on previous successful hunts. This belief guides the bird's future actions, helping it locate food more efficiently. Similarly, an animal might form a belief about the presence of danger based on past encounters, influencing its behavior to avoid potential threats.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '24 10:191 edit
    @pettytalk said
    The question is a general one
    No the question is a very specific one, which you would realise if you had been following the exchanges between Suzianne and myself.

I’ve been asking Suzianne why she believes what she believes what she believes in terms of her spiritual/Christian mindset for a few weeks, since she questioned mine and I replied in good faith. She seems incapable of reciprocating.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '24 21:15
    @fmf said
    I wonder if this means your one-year-long huff is over.
    Only you can say if it's over because you invented it.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '24 21:161 edit
    @divegeester said
    No the question is a very specific one, which you would realise if you had been following the exchanges between Suzianne and myself.

I’ve been asking Suzianne why she believes what she believes what she believes in terms of her spiritual/Christian mindset for a few weeks, since she questioned mine and I replied in good faith. She seems incapable of reciprocating.
    This is rich coming from you. Do you know what reciprocating means?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '24 21:42
    @suzianne said
    Only you can say if it's over because you invented it.
    I "invented" KellyJay's "huff"? How so?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '24 22:49
    @suzianne said
    This is rich coming from you. Do you know what reciprocating means?
    Why do you believe what you do?

Simple question; another one which you seem to not be able to answer.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '24 08:16
    @fmf said
    I "invented" KellyJay's "huff"? How so?
    I wouldn't call it a "huff". You do.

You invented it.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '24 08:19
    @divegeester said
    Why do you believe what you do?

Simple question; another one which you seem to not be able to answer.
    I'm fully capable, I choose not to.

How's it feel to lose your freedom of action to your narcissism?

Pretty horrible, I bet.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '24 08:48
    @suzianne said
    I'm fully capable, I choose not to.
    A few pages ago you changed me on what I believe and I responded with an explanation or exactly why I believe what I do about the topic you were challenging. You on the other hand seem to have no rationale about why you believe what you do.

I suspect that that your furtiveness on this matter is not driven out of some pretence for the need for privacy or fear of victimisation; no, I think you just haven’t thought it through and wish to avoid the question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree