1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 12:591 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I just showed you when Jesus actually asked his disciples to eat his flesh. Are you reading this thread? John something.
    Yes, I have read John something. Are you seriously implying that his disciples practiced cannabolism or that the disobeyed him by not practicing it?
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 19:01
    I just showed you when Jesus actually asked his disciples to eat his flesh. Are you reading this thread? John something.
    But you don't understand the spiritual significance or metaphorical meaning of his message since you do not know who the Holy Spirit is. He was refering to the spiritual transaction that would enable them to become one with him via the presence of the HS. Ultimately it's about us becoming one with him in the trinity not about his flesh. Have a look at "I am the vine and you are the branches..." and you will see a familiar theme. Do you think Jesus meant that we were to turn into branches?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 21:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes, I have read John something. Are you seriously implying that his disciples practiced cannabolism or that the disobeyed him by not practicing it?
    I am implying that his followers may have practiced ritual cannibalism, yes.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 21:291 edit
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    But you don't understand the spiritual significance or metaphorical meaning of his message since you do not know who the Holy Spirit is. He was refering to the spiritual transaction that would enable them to become one with him via the presence of the HS. Ultimately it's about us becoming one with him in the trinity not about his flesh. Have a look at you will see a familiar theme. Do you think Jesus meant that we were to turn into branches?
    Your intepretation assumes that Jesus did not mean what he said. I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I will look for the vine and branches quote, but the Biblical address would have been nice.
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 21:37
    Your intepretation assumes that Jesus did not mean what he said. I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I will look for the vine and branches quote, but the Biblical address would have been nice.
    Your intepretation assumes that Jesus did not mean what he said. I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.---- thousand

Jesus spent half his ministry talking in parables and metaphor - did you not know this? I thought most people did! He meant what he said spiritually but not literally. When he said we must be as gentle as doves do you think he meant we should grow wings and sit on chimneys????? Or did he not mean what he said???
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 21:42
    Your intepretation assumes that Jesus did not mean what he said. I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.---- thousand

Jesus spent half his ministry talking in parables and metaphor - did you not know this? I thought most people did! He meant what he said spiritually but not literally. When he said we must be as gentle as doves do you think he meant we should grow wings and sit on chimneys????? Or did he not mean what he said???
    "Gentle as doves" is a comparison, not a statement that one is a dove.

How do you know what Jesus meant other than by reading what he said?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 21:524 edits

John 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not [like knightmeister]. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Guess you don't really want to walk with him. You choose to "go back."

Me and you both, buddy.
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 15:33
    John 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not [like knightmeister]. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Guess you don't really want to walk with him. You choose to "go back."

Me and you both, buddy.
    I'm sorry I have no idea what you are trying to say here , can you be more explicit.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 20:111 edit
    I'm sorry I have no idea what you are trying to say here , can you be more explicit.
    Jesus commanded his disciples to eat him. He repeated it over and over. He insisted it was the truth.

Then he asked if his followers believed him. Many did not, and they turned away from him. You are like these people. You choose not to believe Jesus.

One of the themes in Christianity is that one is supposed to obey God no matter what. The Twelve Disciples were like Abraham, following their God's commands no matter what, no matter how distasteful or even evil those commands seemed to be - obedience to God is what matters. It is more important than any rules against infanticide and cannibalism. In Christianity you OBEY. Period.

At least that's what I get from the Jesus cannibalism stuff and the Abraham and Isaac story.
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 20:22
    "Gentle as doves" is a comparison, not a statement that one is a dove.

How do you know what Jesus meant other than by reading what he said?
    How do you know what Jesus meant other than by reading what he said? Thousand

Ermm...The Holy Spirit? He did talk about this as well from time to time apparently. The breaking of the bread was obviously symbolic of his body and the sharing of the Holy Spirit with believers.
  11. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 20:24
    Jesus commanded his disciples to eat him. He repeated it over and over. He insisted it was the truth.

Then he asked if his followers believed him. Many did not, and they turned away from him. You are like these people. You choose not to believe Jesus.

One of the themes in Christianity is that one is supposed to obey God no matter what. The ...[text shortened]...
    At least that's what I get from the Jesus cannibalism stuff and the Abraham and Isaac story.
    Jesus commanded his disciples to eat him. He repeated it over and over. He insisted it was the truth. THOUSAND

and yet they didn't but that didn't stop him from calling them his followers .
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 20:29

One of the themes in Christianity is that one is supposed to obey God no matter what. The ...[text shortened]...
    Then he asked if his followers believed him. Many did not, and they turned away from him. You are like these people. You choose not to believe Jesus. THOUSAND

Are you for real? This is either a wind up or you have some derranged ideas about Jesus. I hope I have not offended you but I have to be honest , I find myself moving from hilarity to concern for you. My guess is that you are maquerading as someone who really believes this stuff in an attempt to try and make some sap christian look an idiot. Since I cannot hear the intonation of your voice I cannot be sure but please continue with the entertainment if you wish.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 20:34
    Then he asked if his followers believed him. Many did not, and they turned away from him. You are like these people. You choose not to believe Jesus. THOUSAND

Are you for real? This is either a wind up or you have some derranged ideas about Jesus. I hope I have not offended you but I have to be honest , I find myself moving from hilarity to concern ...[text shortened]... ntonation of your voice I cannot be sure but please continue with the entertainment if you wish.
    I am perfectly "for real". Go ahead and ignore what I have to say if it makes you feel better though.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 20:35
    Jesus commanded his disciples to eat him. He repeated it over and over. He insisted it was the truth. THOUSAND

and yet they didn't but that didn't stop him from calling them his followers .
    Jesus did say that he chose the Twelve. This implies he did not choose the others who turned away.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 20:401 edit
    How do you know what Jesus meant other than by reading what he said? Thousand

Ermm...The Holy Spirit? He did talk about this as well from time to time apparently. The breaking of the bread was obviously symbolic of his body and the sharing of the Holy Spirit with believers.
    Magic Decoder Ring!

I suspect the bread was made with parts of Jesus mixed in.

I believe there's a temporal gap between Paul and Jesus. Paul never knew Jesus, but he created modern Christianity. I think he changed the nature of the religion to one people were more comfortable with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree